SMTP Mailer UDF

mLipok

Thank you mLipok!  Works great.

Also, please update the downloadable version in your OP as it does not contain the imp fix.

You are welcome

Also, please update the downloadable version in your OP as it does not contain the imp fix.

Did you notice the small statement at bottom my OP :
Edited yesterday at 4:42 AM by mLipok 
a small Imp in my code ;)

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

I do not know any SMTP server solution which give you this  kind of messages "the sender's password is invalid" 
Any server should not tell whether the problem lies in a password or user name.
As IMHO It would be security issue.

This is normal that server A sending email to Server B never gives you this kind of messages.
Because Server B in first place gets incoming emails, and after that start to process them (I mean put it to the mail box)

This is normal that server A sending email to user on exactly the same server A , then you get a message like this "the recipient address wasn't found" but the email do not be sent.

ps.
If someone has a different experience, I ask for correction.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• 6 months later...

Minor bug, the handling of the bIsHTMLBody variable is reversed:

; Select whether or not the content is sent as plain text or HTM
    If $bIsHTMLBody Then
        $objEmail.Textbody = $s_Body & @CRLF
    Else
        $objEmail.HTMLBody = $s_Body
    EndIf

Should that not be:

; Select whether or not the content is sent as plain text or HTM
    If $bIsHTMLBody Then
        $objEmail.HTMLBody = $s_Body
    Else
        $objEmail.Textbody = $s_Body & @CRLF
    EndIf

By far, the worst four letter word (swear word) out there has to be USER

Indeed.
Thanks for reporting.

mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

New Version:

Update History:

>>>>> 2015/02/05
    - First release - mLipok

>>>>> 2015/02/13
    - New: Function: _SMTP_SaveMessageToFile - mLipok
    -       https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/167292-smtp-mailer-udf/?do=findComment&comment=1225420

>>>>> 2016/01/31
    - Renamed: Enums: $g__INetSmtpMailCom_ERROR_ .... >>  $SMTP_ERR_ .... - mLipok
    - New: Enum: $SMTP_ERR_SUCCESS - mLipok
    - Changed: concept of COM Error Handling - mLipok
    - Removed: Function: _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrObjInit - mLipok
    - Removed: Function: _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrObjCleanUp - mLipok
    - Renamed: Function: _INetSmtpMailCom >> _SMTP_SendEmail - mLipok
    - Renamed: Function: _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrFunc >> _SMTP_COMErrorHexNumber - mLipok
    - Renamed: Function: _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrDescription >> _SMTP_COMErrorDescription - mLipok
    - Renamed: Function: _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrScriptLine >> _SMTP_COMErrorScriptLine - mLipok
    - Renamed: Function: _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrFunc >> __SMTP_COMErrorFunc - mLipok

- Changed: Function: __SMTP_COMErrorFunc is now UDF's Internal Function - mLipok
    - New: Function Parameter: $sCharset in  _SMTP_SaveMessageToFile  - mLipok
    - Changed: Function: _SMTP_SendEmail - paramters are reordered - mLipok
    - Fixed: bug with $bIsHTMLBody - mLipok
    -        thanks to @xrxca
    -       https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/167292-smtp-mailer-udf/?do=findComment&comment=1294110

DOWNLOAD LINK

EDIT:
Example:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7
;~ #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Debug_Mode=Y                 ;(Y/N) Run Script with console debugging. Default=N

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include "SmtpMailer.au3"

#Region Example Script
;##################################
; Example Script
;##################################
_Example()

Func _Example()
    Local $sSmtpServer = "MailServer"
    Local $sUsername = "******"
    Local $sPassword = "********"
    Local $sFromName = "Name"
    Local $sFromAddress = "your@Email.Address.com"
    Local $sToAddress = "your@Email.Address.com"
    Local $sSubject = "Userinfo"
    Local $sBody = "Some text/html to send as body part"
    Local $sAttachFiles = ""
    Local $sCcAddress = "CCadress1@test.com"
    Local $sBccAddress = "BCCadress1@test.com"
    Local $sImportance = "Normal"
    Local $iIPPort = 25
    Local $bSSL = False
    ; Local $iIPPort = 465 ; GMAIL port used for sending the mail
    ; Local $bSSL = True ; GMAIL enables/disables secure socket layer sending - set to True if using https

Local $bIsHTMLBody = False
    Local $iDSNOptions = $g__cdoDSNDefault

Local $sResultDescription = _SMTP_SendEmail($sSmtpServer, $sUsername, $sPassword, $sFromName, $sFromAddress, $sToAddress, $sSubject, $sBody, $sAttachFiles, $sCcAddress, $sBccAddress, $sImportance, $iIPPort, $bSSL, $bIsHTMLBody, $iDSNOptions)
    If Not @error Then
        Return SetError(@error, @extended, $sResultDescription)
    ElseIf @error = $SMTP_ERR_SEND Then
        ConsoleWrite("! Number: " & _SMTP_COMErrorHexNumber() & "  UDF Script Line: " & _SMTP_ComErrorScriptLine() & "   Description:" & _SMTP_COMErrorDescription() & @LF)
        MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Error sending email", "_SMTP_SendEmail()" & @CRLF & "Error code: $SMTP_ERR_SEND" & @CRLF & "Description:" & $sResultDescription & @CRLF & "COM Error Number: "& _SMTP_COMErrorHexNumber())
        Return SetError($SMTP_ERR_SEND, 0, 0)
    Else
        Return SetError(@error, @extended, 0)
    EndIf

EndFunc    ;==>_Example

#EndRegion  Example Script

BE CAREFULL THERE IS MANY SCRIPT BREAKING CHANGES
Read carefull changelog before you use it.

Edited by mLipok
example changed

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• 2 months later...

Hey there,

Im having bit of an issue with this UDF, i created a program for work which needs emails. They was still using Windows XP until last month.

After upgrading each computer 1 at a time stopped working with the email section. Constantly coming up with the error:

### SMTP COM Error: The requested body part was not found in this message.

As everything is hardcoded in to the compiled program its not an issue with any of the smtp settings or login details (as it still works on a few window 10 computers).

Not too sure if you have experienced this at all, but they are going down 1 computer at a time and soon won't be able to email at all. 

If i create a new user profile on the window 10 computer that does have the error, the new user can send emails for maybe half a day then the error starts to occur. Once the error starts the emails never work on that user profile again. I have tried disabling Firewalls and anti viruses etc with no luck.

;;Email test

#include <SmtpMailer.au3>

$s_SmtpServer = "SMTP"
$s_Username = "USERNAME"
$s_Password = "PASSWORD"
$s_FromName = "ME"
$s_FromAddress = "ME@ME.COM"
$s_ToAddress = "YOU@YOU.COM"
$s_Subject = "test test test"
$s_Body = "test test test"
$s_AttachFiles = ""
$s_CcAddress = ""
$s_BccAddress = ""
$s_Importance = "High"
$i_IPPort = 465
$b_SSL = True
$b_IsHTMLBody = True

_SMTP_SendEmail($s_SmtpServer, $s_Username, $s_Password, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $s_Body, $s_AttachFiles, $s_CcAddress, $s_BccAddress, $s_Importance, $i_IPPort, $b_SSL, $b_IsHTMLBody)

If @error Then
    MsgBox(262144, "Error", "Failed to send" & @CRLF & _SMTP_COMErrorDescription(), 5)
    ClipPut( _SMTP_COMErrorDescription())
Else
    MsgBox(262144, "Sent", "Sent", 5)
EndIF

This is cut directly from my program and works for a while then get the error occur. is there something im doing wrong? is it not compatible with windows 10? or is there something else i should be doing before i try and send it. as you can tell i seem to be bit in over my head with this and would really appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance.

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 00.04.50.png

**********Solved the issue************

Not sure how its related to the program in anyway but i have located the issue.

When main keyboard is set as English US but the Format region is set to English(Europe) it will 100% of the time fail with the Body error.

By changing the primary keyboard layout to English UK then setting the format to (Match windows display language) it will work 100% of the time. hope this helps others. spent 2 weeks trying to solve this, finally post the issue then find the fault when i wake up the next morning :).

Edited by joboy2k
Solved the issue

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

I'm trying to use this UDF (SmtpMailer.au3), but Im getting the following error in the console output:

"C:\Users\Thoms\Documents\Program\Projects.au3\Mail\smtpmailer.au3" (155) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:
$oEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = $g__cdoSendUsingPort
$oEmail.Configuration.Fields^ ERROR

I didn't change the variable "$g__cdoSendUsingPort" which default value is 2.

Thx for helping,

thoms

Edit: maybe a mix between CDO.Message and CDO.Configuration

Im looking further.

Edited by thoms
Discrepancies using CDO object

19 hours ago, thoms said:

Im looking further.

Let me know what will be the results.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Hi mLipok,

Nothing new ! I tried doing the same in VBA. Then I get the error message "unregistered class".

I think there is something uncorrectly installed on my computer, but what?

I checked CDOSYS: installed and registered. I don't know what I could check now.

BTW, my computer is W7/64 Pro. AutoIt is the last version 3.3.14

Thanks, thoms

Edited by thoms
It's working nice at work, where it was designed for.

• 9 months later...

My conclusion with Windows 7 Home Premium is that is not possible in this case to work with CDO.Message

UPDATED june, 12: yes it is possible (See my post below)

Need to install:

Collaboration Data Objects, version 1.2.1

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2714320d-c997-4de1-986f-24f081725d36&displaylang=en

See also:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mist/2015/10/12/things-to-check-when-a-cdo-mail-enabled-classic-asp-site-is-not-sending-mail-after-a-migration-to-iis7/

Edited by robertocm

It works for me on all systems from XP to Win10.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Dear mLipok

Many Thanks for the comment

in my case, with XP all was ok

but with Windows 7 Home Premium, after hours of trial and error, i wasn't able

as an alternative, for the time being, i'm using CMail from https://inveigle.net/

but i'm feeling that there is little info about the authors in their web ...

And i'd prefer the Autoit option instead

Dear mLipok

Many Thanks for the comment

in my case, with XP all was ok

but with Windows 7 Home Premium, after hours of trial and error, i wasn't able

as an alternative, for the time being, i'm using CMail from https://inveigle.net/

but i'm feeling that there is little info about the authors in their web ...

And i'd prefer the Autoit option instead

UPDATE

I was able to send mails from Windows 7 Home Premium with two vbs scripts (see links below),

but same test fails with the UDF.

see post #10:

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?652567-RESOLVED-CDO-Message-not-working-in-Win7-64bit&p=4025264&viewfull=1#post4025264

and also look for robertocm here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/62bdd4e5-2957-4258-a0fc-cd821ee33860/vbscript-to-create-email-with-attachments?forum=ITCG

10 hours ago, Jos said:

So that means you only loaded the x64 com dll's.

Sorry if i don't follow the concepts...

but i have  a file cdosys.dll in C:\Windows\System32

and also a file cdosys.dll in C:\Windows\sysWOW64

I had installed Collaboration Data Objects, version 1.2.1 simply by double click (don't remember the installer asking about options)

Many Thanks

• Developers

You would have to check whether the cdosys.dll in C:\Windows\sysWOW64 is properly registered.

There are 2 version of regsvr32, one for x86 and one for x64:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/249873/how-to-use-the-regsvr32-tool-and-troubleshoot-regsvr32-error-messages

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

On 13/6/2017 at 8:39 PM, Jos said:

You would have to check whether the cdosys.dll in C:\Windows\sysWOW64 is properly registered.

Dear Jos,

Many Thanks for your reply

much appreciated

UPDATE 14/6

as explained in the link, registered with command: regsvr32 C:\Windows\sysWOW64\cdosys.dll

Now totally solved, i mean: simply double click in the uncompiled example script and 'Sent'

Thanks again

Edited by robertocm
New test report