Best Practices - Powershell AutoIT - Recommendations please!

Good Morning AutoIT Gurus,

I'm trying to get an idea of what to do here... I have a list of powershell commands I want to run against remote computers to get data... then I want to act on that data. So I don't know what path to take... Should I have powershell export the data into CSV format then read that data into an AutoIt GUI to finally act on that output by sending commands to run against powershell again?

Say I have a computer that's acting badly... and I can run powershell commands to determine what the network settings are and output that to csv with a specified delimeter ... then I have autoit read the csv output from powershell - create the gui that gives me the option to make changes on the fly to the dns, dhcp etc. for that computer where AutoIT will send back to powershell?

Does that sound like the best way to do things?

I want to keep things simple... I may have to distribute this AutoIT app so I can't have folks installing / downloading / checking versions ... DLL's etc. It's just not worth the hassle and I love AutoIT's portability - it's pure freakin genius.

Please make a recommendation and please leave an example of best practices to call powershell from AutoIT.

YES I'VE LOOKED IN THE FORUMS, Googled site:autoitscript etc... I've   And if anything... it just confuses me even more and makes things more complicate... and AutoIT has done exactly the opposite of that for forever. Slightly losing my mind... lol

(BTW - WMI worked fine until the csv output values actually contained "," commas in them!  That screwed everything up for me - and now I remember why I gave up) 

EXAMPLE: Bad csv output example from windows command prompt:

wmic path Win32_process Get Caption,CommandLine,Description /FORMAT:CSV > test.txt

test.txt

C:Program Files (x86)AdaptivaAdaptivaClientbinOneSiteClient64.exe,OneSiteClient64.exe

See that "," in the above line? - it's ruining WMI for me... they are all over in the output and quite honestly ruin my day. That comma is necessary for that command to run... so I can't just delete the comma... so I'm screwed.

Can't use WMI... It's just a bad idea with PowerShell being the standard going forward. It's honestly too bad really, I had all my commands lined up and ready to go... just to get screwed by a delimiter and PowerShell let's you choose a delimiter - thank God.

Thank you all!  I appreciate all the help / feedback / input. I LOVE AutoIT  :ILA2:

"Maybe I'm on a road that ain't been paved yet. And maybe I see a sign that ain't been made yet"
Song Title: I guess you could say
Artist: Middle Class Rut

WMI:

You do not need to call WMIC. Please have a look at Scriptomatic in the Example Scripts forum. This example generates AutoIt code for you. The returned data is returned to variables or files.

PS:

When you search the forum for "Powershell ptrex" you will find a lot of threads discussing ho AuutoIt and Powershall can interact.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I appreciate that... thank you water - you are a master at all that you do.

I've been looking at ptrex's forum topics... I believe I have to use PS (PowerShell) going forward so no WMIC - sad but true - still not sure what to do... like starting from scratch imo... nothing looks that familiar.

I'm weeding through the results of all my searches now...

AutoIT Meeting Powershell:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Powershell - COM

(SAPIEN)

I didn't know what AutoItX was till today when I finally gave up on WMI 02/06/2014 (little late to the party - lol) ... "DLL/COM control.  Add AutoIt features to your favorite programming and scripting languages! Also features a C# assembly and PowerShell CmdLets"

Man oh man... don't know where I'm going with all this...

Should I try this to get output from PowerShell?  or is there a better practice? Just waiting for more advice.

Snippet from Malkey's post...

Func _PowerShell($sCmd, $sDir = "")
    $sCmd = StringReplace($sCmd, '"', '"""') ; Enables any internal quotes to be read in AutoIt's Run function which runs the powershell commands in powershell.
    Local $text = '', $Pid = Run('"C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" ' & $sCmd, $sDir, @SW_HIDE, 2 + 4)
    While 1
        $text &= StdoutRead($Pid, False, False)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        Sleep(10)
    WEnd
    While 1
        $text &= StderrRead($Pid)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        ConsoleWrite(@LF & "!#------------------------# Error #---------------------------# " & @LF)
    WEnd
    Return $text
EndFunc   ;==>_PowerShell

Yeah, I'm not the best programmer, just creative in workarounds :idiot:  I'll get started the code now to see what I get.

"Maybe I'm on a road that ain't been paved yet. And maybe I see a sign that ain't been made yet"

Would you stick with WMI if this problem could be solved?

(BTW - WMI worked fine until the csv output values actually contained "," commas in them!  That screwed everything up for me - and now I remember why I gave up)

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Example:

his code (generated by Scriptomatic) writes all properties of all processes to Notepad.

; Generated by AutoIt Scriptomatic

$wbemFlagReturnImmediately = 0x10
$wbemFlagForwardOnly = 0x20
$colItems = ""
$strComputer = "."

$Output=""
$Output = $Output & "Computer: " & $strComputer  & @CRLF
$objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $strComputer & "\")
$colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_Process", "WQL", _
                                          $wbemFlagReturnImmediately + $wbemFlagForwardOnly)

If IsObj($colItems) then
   For $objItem In $colItems
      $Output = $Output & "Caption: " & $objItem.Caption & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "CommandLine: " & $objItem.CommandLine & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "CreationClassName: " & $objItem.CreationClassName & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "CreationDate: " & WMIDateStringToDate($objItem.CreationDate) & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "CSCreationClassName: " & $objItem.CSCreationClassName & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "CSName: " & $objItem.CSName & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "Description: " & $objItem.Description & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "ExecutablePath: " & $objItem.ExecutablePath & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "ExecutionState: " & $objItem.ExecutionState & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "Handle: " & $objItem.Handle & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "HandleCount: " & $objItem.HandleCount & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "InstallDate: " & WMIDateStringToDate($objItem.InstallDate) & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "KernelModeTime: " & $objItem.KernelModeTime & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "MaximumWorkingSetSize: " & $objItem.MaximumWorkingSetSize & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "MinimumWorkingSetSize: " & $objItem.MinimumWorkingSetSize & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "Name: " & $objItem.Name & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "OSCreationClassName: " & $objItem.OSCreationClassName & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "OSName: " & $objItem.OSName & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "OtherOperationCount: " & $objItem.OtherOperationCount & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "OtherTransferCount: " & $objItem.OtherTransferCount & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "PageFaults: " & $objItem.PageFaults & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "PageFileUsage: " & $objItem.PageFileUsage & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "ParentProcessId: " & $objItem.ParentProcessId & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "PeakPageFileUsage: " & $objItem.PeakPageFileUsage & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "PeakVirtualSize: " & $objItem.PeakVirtualSize & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "PeakWorkingSetSize: " & $objItem.PeakWorkingSetSize & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "Priority: " & $objItem.Priority & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "PrivatePageCount: " & $objItem.PrivatePageCount & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "ProcessId: " & $objItem.ProcessId & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "QuotaNonPagedPoolUsage: " & $objItem.QuotaNonPagedPoolUsage & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "QuotaPagedPoolUsage: " & $objItem.QuotaPagedPoolUsage & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "QuotaPeakNonPagedPoolUsage: " & $objItem.QuotaPeakNonPagedPoolUsage & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "QuotaPeakPagedPoolUsage: " & $objItem.QuotaPeakPagedPoolUsage & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "ReadOperationCount: " & $objItem.ReadOperationCount & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "ReadTransferCount: " & $objItem.ReadTransferCount & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "SessionId: " & $objItem.SessionId & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "Status: " & $objItem.Status & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "TerminationDate: " & WMIDateStringToDate($objItem.TerminationDate) & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "ThreadCount: " & $objItem.ThreadCount & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "UserModeTime: " & $objItem.UserModeTime & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "VirtualSize: " & $objItem.VirtualSize & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "WindowsVersion: " & $objItem.WindowsVersion & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "WorkingSetSize: " & $objItem.WorkingSetSize & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "WriteOperationCount: " & $objItem.WriteOperationCount & @CRLF
      $Output = $Output & "WriteTransferCount: " & $objItem.WriteTransferCount & @CRLF
   Next
   ConsoleWrite($Output)
   FileWrite(@TempDir & "\Win32_Process.TXT", $Output )
   Run(@Comspec & " /c start " & @TempDir & "\Win32_Process.TXT" )
Else
   Msgbox(0,"WMI Output","No WMI Objects Found for class: " & "Win32_Process" )
Endif

Func WMIDateStringToDate($dtmDate)

Return (StringMid($dtmDate, 5, 2) & "/" & _
    StringMid($dtmDate, 7, 2) & "/" & StringLeft($dtmDate, 4) _
    & " " & StringMid($dtmDate, 9, 2) & ":" & StringMid($dtmDate, 11, 2) & ":" & StringMid($dtmDate,13, 2))
EndFunc

Does it work for your Adaptiva process?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thanks again water... I very much appreciate the feedback and help!

I could see how I might change the output... instead of using " & @CRLF" I could use a special personal delimiter like "~|:<|>:|~" and put a "@CRLF" on the final return value... and then write that to an array :)  That would work :)

But again, man oh man, and I don't want to but I gotta get my hands on PowerShell to get on the MS train.

No delimiter is needed. Modify the script so it fills the array with the needed data.

Example:

#include <Array.au3>

$colItems = ""
$strComputer = "."
$colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_Process", "WQL")
If IsObj($colItems) Then
    Global $i = 0
    Global $aResult[$colItems.Count][3]
        $aResult[$i][0] = $objItem.Caption
        $aResult[$i][1] = $objItem.CommandLine
        $aResult[$i][2] = $objItem.Description
        $i = $i + 1
    Next
    _ArrayDisplay($aResult)
Else
    MsgBox(0, "WMI Output", "No WMI Objects Found for class: " & "Win32_Process")
EndIf

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

That code did the trick :) But I did get it to work with the delimiter as well - so I posted that code below.

Concerning your code above - Any idea how to get rid of the ListView limitation?

Some commands are too long for the _ArrayDisplay to show.

Array Element Max Length (DisplayArray)

Thanks again water!

#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>
$wbemFlagReturnImmediately = 0x10
$wbemFlagForwardOnly = 0x20
$colItems = ""
$strComputer = "."
Global $aArray

If FileExists (@TempDir & "\Win32_Process.TXT") Then FileDelete (@TempDir & "\Win32_Process.TXT")

$Output=""
;$Output = $Output & "Computer: " & $strComputer  & @CRLF
$colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_Process", "WQL", _
                                          $wbemFlagReturnImmediately + $wbemFlagForwardOnly)

If IsObj($colItems) then
      $Output = $Output & "Caption: " & $objItem.Caption & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "CommandLine: " & $objItem.CommandLine & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "CreationClassName: " & $objItem.CreationClassName & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "CreationDate: " & WMIDateStringToDate($objItem.CreationDate) & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "CSCreationClassName: " & $objItem.CSCreationClassName & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "CSName: " & $objItem.CSName & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "Description: " & $objItem.Description & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "ExecutablePath: " & $objItem.ExecutablePath & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "ExecutionState: " & $objItem.ExecutionState & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "Handle: " & $objItem.Handle & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "HandleCount: " & $objItem.HandleCount & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "InstallDate: " & WMIDateStringToDate($objItem.InstallDate) & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "KernelModeTime: " & $objItem.KernelModeTime & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "MaximumWorkingSetSize: " & $objItem.MaximumWorkingSetSize & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "MinimumWorkingSetSize: " & $objItem.MinimumWorkingSetSize & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "Name: " & $objItem.Name & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "OSCreationClassName: " & $objItem.OSCreationClassName & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "OSName: " & $objItem.OSName & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "OtherOperationCount: " & $objItem.OtherOperationCount & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "OtherTransferCount: " & $objItem.OtherTransferCount & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "PageFaults: " & $objItem.PageFaults & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "PageFileUsage: " & $objItem.PageFileUsage & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "ParentProcessId: " & $objItem.ParentProcessId & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "PeakPageFileUsage: " & $objItem.PeakPageFileUsage & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "PeakVirtualSize: " & $objItem.PeakVirtualSize & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "PeakWorkingSetSize: " & $objItem.PeakWorkingSetSize & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "Priority: " & $objItem.Priority & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "PrivatePageCount: " & $objItem.PrivatePageCount & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "ProcessId: " & $objItem.ProcessId & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "QuotaNonPagedPoolUsage: " & $objItem.QuotaNonPagedPoolUsage & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "QuotaPagedPoolUsage: " & $objItem.QuotaPagedPoolUsage & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "QuotaPeakNonPagedPoolUsage: " & $objItem.QuotaPeakNonPagedPoolUsage & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "QuotaPeakPagedPoolUsage: " & $objItem.QuotaPeakPagedPoolUsage & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "ReadOperationCount: " & $objItem.ReadOperationCount & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "ReadTransferCount: " & $objItem.ReadTransferCount & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "SessionId: " & $objItem.SessionId & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "Status: " & $objItem.Status & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "TerminationDate: " & WMIDateStringToDate($objItem.TerminationDate) & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "ThreadCount: " & $objItem.ThreadCount & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "UserModeTime: " & $objItem.UserModeTime & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "VirtualSize: " & $objItem.VirtualSize & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "WindowsVersion: " & $objItem.WindowsVersion & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "WorkingSetSize: " & $objItem.WorkingSetSize & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "WriteOperationCount: " & $objItem.WriteOperationCount & "~|:<|>:|~"
      $Output = $Output & "WriteTransferCount: " & $objItem.WriteTransferCount & @CRLF
   Next
   ;ConsoleWrite($Output)
   FileWrite(@TempDir & "\Win32_Process.TXT", $Output)
   ; Run(@Comspec & " /c start " & @TempDir & "\Win32_Process.TXT" )
    Local $aRecords
    If Not _FileReadToArray(@TempDir & "\Win32_Process.TXT", $aRecords, $FRTA_NOCOUNT + $FRTA_ENTIRESPLIT, "~|:<|>:|~") Then
    MsgBox(4096, "Error", " Error reading file to Array: " & @error)
    Exit
    EndIf
    _ArrayDisplay ($aRecords, "ARecords")
Else
   Msgbox(0,"WMI Output","No WMI Objects Found for class: " & "Win32_Process" )
Endif

Func WMIDateStringToDate($dtmDate)

Return (StringMid($dtmDate, 5, 2) & "/" & _
    StringMid($dtmDate, 7, 2) & "/" & StringLeft($dtmDate, 4) _
    & " " & StringMid($dtmDate, 9, 2) & ":" & StringMid($dtmDate, 11, 2) & ":" & StringMid($dtmDate,13, 2))
EndFunc
Edited by souldjer777

The latest production version of AutoIt allows to set the column width.

$iMax_Colwidth: Max width to which a ListView column will expand to show content. Default = 350 pixels.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Your example takes all data returned by WMI, writes it to a file using custom delimiter and then reads the file again to populate an array and display it.

Is there a reason why you need to write the data to a file?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

If you are doing this on Windows 7 and below, I believe it would still use WMI, even if invoked by powershell.

#include <AutoItConstants.au3>

$sCommands = 'powershell -Command Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration -Filter IPEnabled=TRUE"'
$iPID = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $sCommands, "", @SW_SHOW , $stdout_child)

$sOutput = ""

While 1
        $sOutput &= StdoutRead($iPID)
        If @error Then 
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    WEnd

$fOut = @ScriptDir & "NetAdapter_" & @MON & @MDAY & @Year & "_" & @HOUR & @MIN & ".txt"

$fLog = FileOpen($fOut , 10)
FileWrite($fLog , $sOutput)
FileClose($fLog)

shellexecute($fOut)

and some of my other examples:

Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

You are right, it's WMI still - but Powershell gives you options to sort the data right, delimiter, more exports.

Any idea how I would format something like this...

@{Name='IpSubnet';Expression={$_.IpSubnet -join '; '}},

...in AutoIT without things blowing up?

It's the ; and the ' that are screwing things up for me.

Script Take From...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7712900/how-to-deal-with-system-string

Get-WmiObject Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration|
Select-Object Description, DHCPServer,
@{Name='IpAddress';Expression={$_.IpAddress -join '; '}},
@{Name='IpSubnet';Expression={$_.IpSubnet -join '; '}},
@{Name='DefaultIPgateway';Expression={$_.DefaultIPgateway -join '; '}},
@{Name='DNSServerSearchOrder';Expression={$_.DNSServerSearchOrder -join '; '}},
WinsPrimaryServer, WINSSecindaryServer|
ConvertTo-Html > .temp.htm

Thank you again everyone for your help and steering me in the right direction!

Uh, I'm going to try it anyway - maybe it's just color coding the code incorrectly... 

Nope, it's hosed... google ;) here I come!

Edited by souldjer777

Use -Property, then format the output prior to exporting.  The items you had issue with come back in braces.

like so:

#include <AutoItConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

$sCommands = "powershell -Command Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration -Filter IPEnabled=TRUE -Property IPAddress,Description,IPSubnet,DHCPServer,DefaultIPGateway,DNSServerSearchOrder,WinsPrimaryServer,WinsSecondaryServer"
$iPID = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $sCommands, "", @SW_SHOW , $stdout_child)

$sOutput = ""

While 1
        $sOutput &= StdoutRead($iPID)
        If @error Then ; Exit the loop if the process closes or StderrRead returns an error.
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    WEnd

$aOutput = stringsplit($sOutput , @CR , 3)

For $i = ubound($aOutput) - 1 to 0 step - 1
If stringleft(stringstripws($aOutput[$i], 1) , 1) = "" OR stringleft(stringstripws($aOutput[$i], 1) , 1) = "_" Then _ArrayDelete($aOutput, $i)
Next

_ArrayDisplay($aOutput)

*posted this in my PS thread as it was a useful exercise

Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

This may help...

#include <array.au3>

Local $ret = _WMI('select IPAddress,Description,IPSubnet,DHCPServer,DefaultIPGateway,DNSServerSearchOrder,WinsPrimaryServer,WinsSecondaryServer from ' & _
'Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration where ipenabled=true',0)

If @error Then Exit (ConsoleWrite(@LF & '!> @ERROR    = ' & @error & @LF & '!> @EXTENDED = ' & @extended & @LF & '!> $RET      = ' & $ret & @LF & @LF))
If IsArray($ret) Then _ArrayDisplay($ret)
If IsString($ret) Then ConsoleWrite($ret & @CRLF)

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........: _WMI
; Description ...: Returns formatted output from a query against any class of the CIMV2 namespace using WMI.
; Syntax.........: _WMI($sWQL, $bReturnType, $sDelimiter, $sTargetPC)
; Parameters ....: $sWQL            - Any class in the WMI CIMV2 namespace (e.g. Win32_Process, Win32_BIOS, Win32_Desktop, etc.)
;                                     or any WQL 'Select' query.  If only the class is specified then all columns
;                                     for all items are returned.
;                  $bReturnType     - Indicates return format.  $bReturnType can be a string or integer.
;                                   |0 - Return a 2D array with item names in col 0 (on the left).
;                                   |1 - Return a 2D array with item names in row 0 (on top).      (DEFAULT)
;                                   |2 - Return a @CRLF delimited string of item names (row #1) followed by items.  Each value is
;                                        delimited by $sDelimiter.
;                  $sDelimiter      - The delimiter used to seperate values/property names within an item.  The default is
;                                     '`' because other common delimiter characters (e.g. '|', ',', '=', ':', '~' etc. appear
;                                     in some values returned by various WQL queries.  This can be a string of characters (e.g. '//').
;                  $sTargetPC       - Name of the PC to run the query on.
; Return values .: Success          - A 2D array or string depending on $bReturnType.
;                  Failure          - Sets @ERROR and returns a value as follows:
;                                   |1 - $sWQL is blank                     Return value - None
;                                   |2 - $bReturnType invalid               Return value - The parm supplied
;                                   |3 - $sDelimiter not specified          Return value - None
;                                   |4 - WMI ObjGet failure                 Return value - None
;                                   |5 - ExecQuery failure                  Return value - $sWQL
;                                   |6 - No items returned                  Return value - $sWQL
;
; Author ........: kylomas
; Modified.......: 02/02/2015 V01R01M01 initial release
; Remarks .......:
; Related .......: WMI is required
; Link ..........:
; Example .......: Yes
; ===============================================================================================================================

Func _WMI($sWQL, $bReturnType = 1, $sDelimiter = '`', $sTargetPC = @ComputerName)

; flush parms
    Switch $bReturnType
        Case 0, 1, 2, '0', '1', '2'
        Case -1, Default
            $bReturnType = 1
        Case Else
            Return SetError(2, 0, $bReturnType)
    EndSwitch

Switch True
        Case $sDelimiter = -1 Or $sDelimiter = Default
            $sDelimiter = '`'
        Case StringLen($sDelimiter) > 0
        Case Else
            Return SetError(3, 0, $sDelimiter)
    EndSwitch

If StringLen($sWQL) = 0 Then Return SetError(1)
    If StringInStr($sWQL, 'select') = 0 Then $sWQL = 'select * from ' & $sWQL

Local $oWMI = '', $oItem = '', $oItems = '', $P = ''

; Get WMI instance
    ; Do NOT use $wbemFlagReturnImmediately or $wbeForwardOnly as this disables the "Count" property
    $oWMI = ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & $sTargetPC & "\root\CIMV2")
    If Not IsObj($oWMI) Then Return SetError(4)

; Run query
    $oItems = $oWMI.ExecQuery($sWQL)
    If Not IsObj($oItems) Then Return SetError(5, 0, $sWQL)
    If $oItems.count = 0 Then Return SetError(6, 0, $sWQL)

Local $str = ''

; format header / use this method as opposed to the "itemindex" method for XP compatibility
    For $oItem In $oItems
        For $P In $oItem.Properties_()
            $str &= '<' & $P.Name & '>' & $sDelimiter
        Next
        $str = StringTrimRight($str, StringLen($sDelimiter)) & @CRLF
        ExitLoop
    Next

; format each detail item
    For $oItem In $oItems
        For $P In $oItem.Properties_()
            Switch True
                Case $P.isarray
                    $aTmp1 = $P.Value
                    $str &= _ArrayToString($aTmp1, '') & $sDelimiter
                Case $P.CIMTYPE = 101
                    $str &= CNVTDate($P.Value) & $sDelimiter
                Case Else
                    $str &= $P.Value & $sDelimiter
            EndSwitch
        Next
        $str = StringTrimRight($str, StringLen($sDelimiter)) & @CRLF
    Next
    $str = StringTrimRight($str, 2)

Switch $bReturnType
        Case '1', 1, -1, Default
            ; return 2D array / column names are at top (row 0)
            Local $aTmp1 = StringSplit($str, @CRLF, 3), $aTmp2
            Local $aRet[UBound($aTmp1)][UBound(StringSplit($aTmp1[0], $sDelimiter, 3))]
            For $1 = 0 To UBound($aTmp1) - 1
                $aTmp2 = StringSplit($aTmp1[$1], $sDelimiter, 3)
                For $2 = 0 To UBound($aTmp2) - 1
                    $aRet[$1][$2] = $aTmp2[$2]
                Next
            Next
            Return $aRet
        Case '0', 0
            ; return 2D array / column names are to the left (col 0)
            Local $aTmp1 = StringSplit($str, @CRLF, 3), $aTmp2
            Local $aRet[UBound(StringSplit($aTmp1[0], $sDelimiter, 3))][UBound($aTmp1)]
            For $1 = 0 To UBound($aTmp1) - 1
                $aTmp2 = StringSplit($aTmp1[$1], $sDelimiter, 3)
                For $2 = 0 To UBound($aTmp2) - 1
                    $aRet[$2][$1] = $aTmp2[$2]
                Next
            Next
            Return $aRet
        Case '2', 2
            ; return string
            Return $str
        Case Else
            Return SetError(7, 0, $bReturnType)
    EndSwitch

EndFunc   ;==>_WMI

Func CNVTDate($dtmDate)
    ; reformat date to mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss and zero fill single digit values
    Return StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace($dtmDate, '(\d{4})(\d{2})(\d{2})(\d{2})(\d{2})(\d{2}).*', '$2/$3/$1 $4:$5:$6'), '(?<!\d)(\d/)', '0$1')
EndFunc   ;==>CNVTDate

This solves the delimiter problem and  you can sort the data in the array if desired.  See the function header for ways to return the data. 

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

For Dog's sake, stop writing AutoIT.

It isn't IT (eye tee)

It is It ... as in digit

You are automating something ... It

AutoIt AutoIt AutoIt AutoIt is not AutoIT ... say after me

N.B. Please excuse my little rant, but it was irritating me ... it seems you fail to recognize all the many examples right in your face, where plainly it is lowercase 't' ..... nowhere does it show uppercase 'T'.

P.S. I didn't eat my cereal today .... or surreal either.

P.S.S. A good soldier, whether they are 7, 77, 777 or 7777 etc needs to do the right thing and pay proper attention.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png