PixelGetColor while screen is locked

mattiej

I'm working on automating testing for software. When you input invalid input, an error icon appears next to the textbox where you input the incorrect data. There are multiple textboxes where you could put invalid input. My job is to test to make sure each box has the error icon show up. Unfortunately, I can not check to see if the control for the error icon is available because all of the error icons are under the same control. To get around this, I checked to see if one of the pixels changed colors (aka red or not red). 

The problem now is that they want me to run it while the screen is locked, so obviously pixelgetcolor does not work now. What other options do I have? I am using autoit in C# so I only have the base functions available with AutoIt.

Please, read this link to the AutoIt wiki explaining this: wiki link

Also, welcome to the AutoIt forum mattiej! :D

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Please, read this link to the AutoIt wiki explaining this: wiki link

Also, welcome to the AutoIt forum mattiej! :D

All my other functions and test do work fine, because I use those functions. Its just trying to check and see if these error icons actually appear. 

Thanks  :thumbsup:

All my other functions and test do work fine, because I use those functions. Its just trying to check and see if these error icons actually appear. 

Thanks  :thumbsup:

My pleasure. ;)

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ