Loads of _IsFunctions for YOU to test

layer

Hey fellas... I've written a couple of _IsFunctions just now, I did it really fast, so I don't know if they work or not, because I didn't test them. So if anyone want's to test them, feel free. ;) Some may be completley useless, others may be like gold. You tell me :P

Removed for now.
Edited by layer
FootbaG

Guest Mixture63

Hey fellas... I've written a couple of _IsFunctions just now, I did it really fast, so I don't know if they work or not, because I didn't test them. So if anyone want's to test them, feel free. ;) Some may be completley useless, others may be like gold. You tell me :mad2:

Func _IsChild($hWndParent, $hWnd)
    Local $v_Call = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "IsChild", "hwnd", $hWndParent, "hwnd", $hWnd)
    Return $v_Call[0]
EndFunc

Func _IsHungAppWindow($hWnd)
    Local $v_Call = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "IsHungAppWindow", "hwnd", $hWnd)
    Return $v_Call[0]
EndFunc

Func _IsWindow($hWnd)
    Local $v_Call = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "IsWindow", "hwnd", $hWnd)
    Return $v_Call[0]
EndFunc

Func _IsWindowUnicode($hWnd)
    Local $v_Call = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "IsWindowUnicode", "hwnd", $hWnd)
    Return $v_Call[0]
EndFunc

Func _IsWindowIconic($hWnd)
    Local $v_Call = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "IsWindowIconic", "hwnd", $hwnd)
    Return $v_Call[0]
EndFunc

Func _IsZoomed($hWnd)
    Local $v_Call = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "IsZoomed", "hwnd", $hwnd)
    Return $v_Call[0]
EndFunc

Func _IsWindowVisible($hWnd)
    Local $v_Call = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "IsWindowVisible", "hwnd", $hwnd)
    Return $v_Call[0]
EndFunc

Func _IsGUIThread($bConvert)
    Local $v_Call = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "IsGUIThread", "int", $bConvert)
    Return $v_Call[0]
EndFunc

Func _IsMenu($hWnd)
    Local $v_Call = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "IsMenu", "hwnd", $hWnd)
    Return $v_Call[0]
EndFunc
Me likes. :P

It's very good that you've done this and I suggest you prep it to be used as a standard include in the next release of AutoIt.

Who's encharge of that Jdeb?

Me likes. ;)

It's very good that you've done this and I suggest you prep it to be used as a standard include in the next release of AutoIt.

Who's encharge of that Jdeb?

Heh, thanks. Some of them like the GUIThread one probably can't even be useful in AutoIt, but who knows. And some of them, I think are already built in functions. But I really like the _IsHungAppWindow , I think that could be useful. And a few others. I'll see what I can do.

And yes, JdeB is incharge for the UDF's.

Edited by layer
FootbaG

Guest Mixture63

What happens if one of these functions fail? I can virtually guarantee that IsGUIThread will fail for a ton of people and so will IsHungAppwindow.

We will just have to test them all on different peoples' computers then won't we now?

We will just have to test them all on different peoples' computers then won't we now?

No no, Valik's right. I probably shouldn't have posted this until I did valid error checking. I'll either add it tonight or tomorrow.
FootbaG

Guest Mixture63

No no, Valik's right. I probably shouldn't have posted this until I did valid error checking. I'll either add it tonight or tomorrow.

FINE!!!! THEN I WANT TO BE LEFT!!!!!

Is that ok with you?

There's no need to test anything. Look at the "Minimum Operating System" on MSDN for each of these functions and you will see the answer immediately. If some of the functions fail, I think thats probably the least of your concerns since it will entail a catastrophic failure in the operating system (Some functions are available on every version of Windows AutoIt runs on). However, some of these functions do not exist on certain versions of Windows and that is a perfectly normal situation.

Guest Mixture63

There's no need to test anything. Look at the "Minimum Operating System" on MSDN for each of these functions and you will see the answer immediately. If some of the functions fail, I think thats probably the least of your concerns since it will entail a catastrophic failure in the operating system (Some functions are available on every version of Windows AutoIt runs on). However, some of these functions do not exist on certain versions of Windows and that is a perfectly normal situation.

O.

Well, maybe he could cut out a few functions, and only use the ones that are guaranteed to work.