Encouraging contributors

ohgreat

I would love to contribute, but lack of up-to-date AutoIt source just kills the enthusiam (the last posted source is months old).

Why don't you fully open source AutoIt and provide publicly accessible source via CVS or Subversion?

SourceForge anyone?

Keep up the great work .. I hope to be able to contribute sometime.

If you're really hungry for it, you can try the meritocratic method:

• Conceive must-have, killer feature for an automation tool (or consult the old to-do list).
  • Obtain available AutoIt3 source code.
  • Implement proof-of-concept and post to this forum for review.
  • Revise / repeat.
  • Request current-release source code from Jon.
Cheers, and best of luck.

[Edit: Numbered list keeps breaking...]

Edited by DaveF

Yes yes yes, there it was. Youth must go, ah yes. But youth is only being in a way like it might be an animal. No, it is not just being an animal so much as being like one of these malenky toys you viddy being sold in the streets, like little chellovecks made out of tin and with a spring inside and then a winding handle on the outside and you wind it up grrr grrr grrr and off it itties, like walking, O my brothers. But it itties in a straight line and bangs straight into things bang bang and it cannot help what it is doing. Being young is like being like one of these malenky machines.

the to-do-list is out of date...

It certainly is (but nobody has done built-in temp file functions yet). ;)

Yes yes yes, there it was. Youth must go, ah yes. But youth is only being in a way like it might be an animal. No, it is not just being an animal so much as being like one of these malenky toys you viddy being sold in the streets, like little chellovecks made out of tin and with a spring inside and then a winding handle on the outside and you wind it up grrr grrr grrr and off it itties, like walking, O my brothers. But it itties in a straight line and bangs straight into things bang bang and it cannot help what it is doing. Being young is like being like one of these malenky machines.

• Administrators

We actually have more contributors than we have time to merge/implement at the moment. It's hard work.

The current released source code is still valid for adding functions (i.e a single new functions inputs/outputs are the same).

By far the best route for adding code would be via the beat plugin interface - if something awesome gets added as a plugin then it can always be ported into autoit directly and writting plugins will allow someone to establish "cred" ;)

• Administrators

How about integrating sollution for open bug ?

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...pic=13093&st=15

I proposed a solution near 2 months ago and nobody even care about answering to my message ...

This is not really encouraging contibutor ...

;)

That breaks existing scripts which is why it won't be implemented until we decide that breaking scripts is something we can live with. That's why it's assigned to open. We already have the complete C code to fix it available - that's not the issue.

That breaks existing scripts which is why it won't be implemented until we decide that breaking scripts is something we can live with. That's why it's assigned to open. We already have the complete C code to fix it available - that's not the issue.

Thanks! at least someone cares to answer ...

Well as I said, it is not really encouraging you don't really what some help as it seems ...

lol

And ... how my solution breaks thing ????

I just correctly handle argument string parsing , meaning now you can pass to the application an empty string "" and it will work...

At least it fixes the open bug ....

But hey , if you dont want to fixe that bug or have some help ;)

I can allways used my patch for it :P

Edited by JoeCool