IE - Find text, click 100px to the left of text.

Glutch

Hello!

I've been having a big struggle figuring out how to solve this problem. So basically i want AutoIt to search for a specific text. For example "Hello" and then click 100px to the left of that text. I'm creating the script for Internet Explorer.

How i would solve this problem as a human is simply:

1. CTRL+F "Hello"
2. Drag mouse & click

I would greatly appreciate a solution to this, and im completely new to AutoIt so ELI5!

_IEGetObjectById does not work here in this case, and i dont know how to click 100 pixels left of said object.

Edited by Glutch

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

I suggest you have a look at the IE UDF that comes with AutoIt.

Edit:

I just noticed that you have tried the UDF already.

Can you please post the script, a link to the URL you try to automate and a description of the error you get (if any).

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

Provide a url that we can test on, if you can't/won't use the url you're actually working on, then you can:

1.  Find a site that is similar to your issue that we can use.

2.  Create html that we can run in a browser that demonstrates your issue that we can test on.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thank you for the answers. I solved it like this

Send ("{CTRLDOWN}")
   Send ("f")
   Send ("f") ; donno why i need this, but i do
   Send ("f") ; donno why i need this, but i do
   Send ("f") ; donno why i need this, but i do
   Send ("{CTRLUP}")
   MouseClick("Left", 244, 68)
   Send ("Hello")
   MouseClick("Left", 119, 836)

Its a bad solution, but it works everytime. Even though the list it searches through has 100 different rows.