Angry...better fix

Hello programmer of this fine software...that is screwing up my computer through an Ad ware that piggy backed in. How do I uninstall this? Email me @ biobearmarkley@gmail.com.

this program did not install adware onto your computer. If you want ot install it, go to control panel > add/remove programs and select it fromt he loist and click uninstall.

I also suggest you download Ad-Aware and Spybot and scan your computer.

Welcome to the forums.

There's nothing for us to fix -- the official distributions of AutoIt (found here) do not contain adware of any sort and never will. ;)

Some links you might want to visit:

Next time please be more certain of where your adware comes from before making such accusations. :P

P.S. You can download zipped versions of the AutoIt distributions if you don't trust the EXE installers. Refer to the link above for more information.

Edited by LxP

Hello programmer of this fine software...that is screwing up my computer through an Ad ware that piggy backed in. How do I uninstall this? Email me @ biobearmarkley@gmail.com.

ok, so you installed a script that someone included ad-ware into? crappy. what was the script supposed to do? not really expecting an answer since you gave your e-mail, but do you have any info about the script at all? one thing i'd suggest, is to actually download the installer, so you can use the decompiler to open your script up and see what it's doing exactly. and even if it's password protected, it's been said that you can get an exe2aut that doesn't ask for a password pretty quickly by googling for it. if you do that, several positive things will happen. 1) you'll be able to make sure to remove EVERYTHING the script did, regardless of the adware definitions of your spyware removal tools. 2) you'll get a chance to use this great scripting language. 3) you'll almost definitely learn something. once you get the source, maybe you should post it here for help identifying how to fix the problems created.

Wait, let me check....

Nope, no adware in AutoIT.

Hey guys,

you better don't send an e-mail to biobearmarkley@gmail.com. It could well be an e-mail address harvester of a spammer. If he does not answer via the forum, just forget him.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Sorry for my bad English.

I find your reaction very nasty. Before speaking you ought to mind. A lot of people works freely for the goodness of all. personally i don't know how to program in C but i use Autolit3 for a lot of things without having any problem.

So I think you have to recognieze your error , that's seems to be a minimun for correction.

Edited by LOULOU

Without being nasty..

I sent him a well written letter... stating how we care, how to remove autoit and locations to find protection for his computer

and most importantly, I assured him that Autoit does not contain any ad or spy atachments!

I await a response

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

Without being nasty..

I sent him a well written letter... stating how we care, how to remove autoit and locations to find protection for his computer

and most importantly, I assured him that Autoit doesn not contain any ad or spy atachments!

I await a response

8)

maybe i'm just in a bad mood because it's monday, but did he strike anybody else as a jackass? the original poster i mean.

maybe i'm just in a bad mood because it's monday, but did he strike anybody else as a jackass? the original poster i mean.

I was not to keen on the post name.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Yea well...

AFTER.... I wrote this letter I thought to myself..... oh no.....

is this another Guido/Idea/MyRedemerLives/Lagenza/Doug Samson/neoviakleipk

Man... I sure hope not

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Sorry let me update. I was a little miffed due to the adware crashing my computer while typing a term paper.

The AutoIt program was never downloaded by me. The Adware program (which I have yet to find the true program no the alias one that keeps regenerating) has incorporated AutoIt into it's code. Which in turn makes it auto run (like AutoIt is designed to do).

So My question should have been:

Is there anyway to stop the program permanently (undo the auto)?

And any ideas on locating the program and eliminating would help immensely. The File being corrupted is msdirectx.sys

the file and two programs that I have found that I think are related are:

180searchToolbar (Which I did not download... intentionally)

MaxiMule (emule knock off...that is installed automatically...from the freeprod.com website- at least that is what the properties of the file credit.) - They have no contact info

the File is mc-60-550-0000166.exe

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

Programs used that have not solved:

Adaware, Windows Washer, RegSeeker (registry cleaner), Registry Medic (registry repair)

Going into MSconfig as we speak.

Please Email me at biobearmarkley@gmail.com....I forget to look at the forums but I check my email multiple times a day.

The AutoIt program was never downloaded by me. The Adware program (which I have yet to find the true program no the alias one that keeps regenerating) has incorporated AutoIt into it's code. Which in turn makes it auto run (like AutoIt is designed to do).

Just a clarification. AutoIt is not designed to auto run. AutoIt is a scripting language and as such it basically does nothing at all unless somebody instructs it to do something. Obviously somebody has written something malicious using AutoIt and that person has instructed it to set up auto run entries as part of its payload. This is in no way, shape, or form AutoIt's fault any more than it's the fault of C++ for all the virii written in it or the fault of VBScript for virii written in it or the fault of language <insert language X> with any virii written in it. I understand your ignorance of what AutoIt is due to your less than ideal introduction to the software but since you've already received helpful advice and people are trying to help you remedy this problem you've contracted, please be quite mindful that it is not our fault that somebody chose to use the software we wrote maliciously. Please stop speculating and assuming what has be done to your system is AutoIt's fault.

I think I found another part of the problem. does the task lockx.exe mean anything to you guys?

Checking it over with the program Hijackthis!

Locx.exe is a Trojan, not spyware/adware - different animals and different disinfection methods. I've had a bit of experience with zapping nasties.

I know it is the AutoIT forums, but for the purposes of disproving the association with the well reputed AutoIT product, lets zap it.

What anti-virus product are you currently using? When was the last time you updated it?

Post your HiJackThis log...

Edited by Confuzzled

UPDATE:

While in my mad spree for help I stumbled upon the website geeks to go and they have pretty much gotten my system clean through the use of many...many programs (Ewido, CleanUp!, HiJackThis!) and restarts. Just waiting for the technician to give me the ok that I got everything.

Thanks for all the help and your patience with me. Especially Bob.

To Valik: I came here because AutoIt was what was used to start the cascade of events, and I figured if anyone knows how to stop the program (well the portion of it that could be tracked to a creator)...it is the people who programmed it. True I don't know much about the program and am grateful for the help that I received. If I slighted anyone, I didn't mean it as more as an attention getter. Hence the name of the thread. I doubt the response would have been nearly as fast if I said "Adware alert" or something to that effect, nor as helpful. I no longer blame AutoIt. I blame the freeprod.com website (didn't visit there until looking for help) and its webmasters for this.

Once again thank you all.