Is there an equivalent IE attach command for FF?

tommytx

Thanks JohnOne I got that set up and seems to be working ok.. but its still not letting me connect... here is what I got so far.

#include <FF.au3>

_FFStart("http://vahud.com")

If _FFIsConnected() Then
   consolewrite("Connected." & @CRLF)
    sleep(1000)
    _FFWindowSelect("Virginia Beach Real Estate For Sale! | Virginia Beach, VA Real Estate For Sale")
    endif

and here is the errors that it is giving.. me...

__FFStartProcess: ""C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -new-window "http://vahud.com"  "-repl 4242 "
_FFConnect: OS: WIN_XP WIN32_NT 2600 Service Pack 3
_FFConnect: AutoIt: 3.3.12.0
_FFConnect: FF.au3: 0.6.0.1b-10
_FFConnect: IP: 127.0.0.1
_FFConnect: Port:   4242
_FFConnect: Delay:  2ms
_FFConnect: Socket:     1648
_FFConnect: Browser:    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
__FFSendJavaScripts: Sending functions to FireFox .......... done
_FFLoadWait: . loaded in 14ms
[object HTMLDocument] - {location: {...}, location: {...}, getElementsByName: function() {...}, getItems: function() {...}, open: function() {...}, close: function() {...}, write: function() {...}, ...}
__FFSend: try{FFau3 != null?1:0}catch(e){'_FFCmd_Err';};
__FFRecv: 1
Connected.
__FFSend: try{FFau3.SelectWin('Virginia Beach Real Estate For Sale!','title','navigator:browser');}catch(e){'_FFCmd_Err';};
__FFRecv: _FFCmd_Err
_FFWindowSelect ==> No match: $sSearch: Virginia Beach Real Estate For Sale!
>Exit code: 0    Time: 5.865

IF anyone has any suggestions as to why I do not get a match i would appreciate it..

I took a look at the JS code in the UDF, and I believe that I have a fix for the title search not working properly. Find the line

_FFCmd('FFau3.SelectWin=function SelectWin(a,b,c){var d;var e=Components.classes["@mozilla.org/appshell/window-mediator;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIWindowMediator).getEnumerator(c);while(e.hasMoreElements()){d=e.getNext();switch(b){case"title":if(d.title.indexOf(a)!=-1){repl.enter(d);return 1};break;case"label":if(FFau3.SearchTab(a)>-1){repl.enter(d);return 1};break;case"href":for(var f=0; f < d.gBrowser.browsers.length; f++){var g=d.gBrowser.getBrowserAtIndex(f);if (RegExp(a).test(g.currentURI.spec)){repl.enter(g);return 1;}};break;default:return-1}}return-1};')

and replace it with

_FFCmd('FFau3.SelectWin=function SelectWin(a,b,c){var d;var e=Components.classes["@mozilla.org/appshell/window-mediator;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIWindowMediator).getEnumerator(c);while(e.hasMoreElements()){d=e.getNext();switch(b){case"title":for(var f=0; f < d.gBrowser.browsers.length; f++){var g=d.gBrowser.getBrowserAtIndex(f);if (RegExp(a).test(g.contentTitle)){repl.enter(g);return 1;}};break;case"label":if(FFau3.SearchTab(a)>-1){repl.enter(d);return 1};break;case"href":for(var f=0; f < d.gBrowser.browsers.length; f++){var g=d.gBrowser.getBrowserAtIndex(f);if (RegExp(a).test(g.currentURI.spec)){repl.enter(g);return 1;}};break;default:return-1}}return-1};')

Please test and let me know how this change works for you.

thanks for all that effort Universalist.. but what that did is bring up a blank new tab... and nothing else.. and I tried it using 3 differnet instance of firefox browser and also with one ff browser with 3 instances of tab... Thank you but don't waste more time on it as it may be realated to the fact that I am running XP and FF8... as that is the best XP can do... as its been abandoned..