AutoIT window info doesn't provide info on an field in an application

Hello there,

I would really appreciate your help on something. We use an accounting software and in order to go faster I did automise quite a bit with AutoIT. THANK YOU.

Now, one field out of the accounting software is not recognized by InfoIT and don't know why. Any idea on the issue ?

When it works, the CLASS Edit & Instance 118 is mentionned and the box is highlighted by AutoIT (see example) in Red.

410631workingClassEDIT.jpg

and example when it doesn't work: AutoIT highlight the full window and the Class ID seems the wrong one.

I would like the red box with "7890.45".

990338NotworkingClassEDIT.jpg

Any idea how to get the value 7890.45 with AutoIT ?

On the visible text of AutoIT, it says :

"
OK
-
>
Annuler
Aide
Total de la page............................................................................................................................................................
7'890.45
Tab1"

but how can I get the 7'890.45 only.

Thanks in advance for any help !

Sam

Please, post the script you have tried (or at least what you have tried for that particular control). :)

Also, welcome to the AutoIt forum solideofservices! ;)

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

You can use my signature...Get All Window Controls.

There is a param to only output visible controls...use that = True.

Provide the output, and someone can assist.

I created this function specifically for what you have identified in this post.  Sometimes the z-order of controls is less than ideal, and the control that should be behind everything is 'in front', and taking all the focus of the spy tool.

Another tip...added distinct text into each input before running the function, so it's easier to find it in the output.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.