Read data from html Tables from raw HTML source

Gianni

• 4 months later...

After seeing the function __HTML_Filter() in this topic by Stilgar (https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/124330-_htmlau3-v101/) I thought I'd include that function also in this script.
the purpose of that function is to clean the extracted data from the table by those codes that are not visible in the browser but are visible as code "dirty" in the data when they are picked up from the table.

Updated the udf and the example script in first post.

To see the difference in the extracted data with or without the use of the HTML_Filter() function, just extract the table data from the example page by clicking on the "Preview array" button with the filter CheckBox "tags to entities" one time unchecked and then checked instead.

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

• 9 months later...

Hi Chimp!
Thanks a lot for your example - it saved me a lot work!
I had to parse a table with almost 1400 rows (and lots of rowspans) in an 1.5MB HTML file, and got some performance issues. Here is how I solved them:
First, I adapted the HTML tag position search in _ParseTags to search starting on the last tag found position, so StringInStr doesn't need to count thousands of "<tr" tags every iteration. Then, _ArraySort failed (too many rows...). So, to get the tag list pre-sorted, I search for the first opening and first closing tag. If the opening is before the closing, write to $aThisTagsPositions and find the next opening; if the closing is before the next opening, write to $aThisTagsPositions and find the next closing.

This made it possible to read that huge HTML file in less than 90 seconds.

Just replace the code on lines 208-216 with this:

Local $iNextOpenPosition = StringInStr($sHtml, $sOpening, 0, 1)
        Local $iNextClosePosition = StringInStr($sHtml, $sClosing, 0, 1)
        Local $iOpenCount = 1

; 2) find in the HTML the positions of the $sOpening <tag and $sClosing </tag> tags
        For $i = 1 To $iNrOfThisTag * 2 ;search all the opening and closing tags
            If ($iNextOpenPosition < $iNextClosePosition) And $iNextOpenPosition <> 0 Then
                $aThisTagsPositions[$i][0] = $iNextOpenPosition
                $aThisTagsPositions[$i][1] = $sOpening ; it marks which kind of tag is this
                $aThisTagsPositions[$i][2] = $iOpenCount; nr of this tag
                $iOpenCount += 1
                $iNextOpenPosition = StringInStr($sHtml, $sOpening, 0, 1, $aThisTagsPositions[$i][0] + 1)
            Else
                $aThisTagsPositions[$i][0] = $iNextClosePosition + StringLen($sClosing) - 1
                $aThisTagsPositions[$i][1] = $sClosing ; it marks which kind of tag is this
                $iNextClosePosition = StringInStr($sHtml, $sClosing, 0, 1, $aThisTagsPositions[$i][0] + 1)
            EndIf
        Next

• 6 years later...
  • Developers

The first post contains the UDF's, which you simply cut&paste into a file yourself. ;) 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)