Need help to make a repeating autosave script

First off, I have forgotten all I once knew about this program and I have no intention on re-learning anything and I'm a bit irritated right now and don't read wiki's too well.

I need a simple script that autosave in a game that keeps crashing on me and it lacks an autosave function. So, it needs to press F7, wait for, say 5 minutes, and repeat, you know, goto 10. That's it.

Can anyone help me throw this together quickly, I would appreciate it.

Game automation is not an allowed topic on these forums. As Melba23 would say: please read the Forum rules (the link is also at bottom right of each page) - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - before you post again. But welcome to the AutoIt forum - and see you soon with a legitimate question I hope.

(Not trying to take the place of a mod here, just telling you so you don't waste your time waiting for an answer.)

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

Game automation is not an allowed topic on these forums. As Melba23 would say: please read the Forum rules (the link is also at bottom right of each page) - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - before you post again.

What makes you think I didn't read it? This isn't game "automation", it's a keyboard script to press ONE key, to save in a single player game. Clearly my question does not apply to the forum rules.

Edit; By the way, I'm ridiculously familiar with the topic;

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/search?q=Vresiberba%232940%20automation&f=post

So if this question is not allowed, a mod needs to tell me so I can make a new thread that does not have the word "game" in it.

Edited by VresiBerba

it's a keyboard script to press ONE key, to save in a single player game.

This sentence is gonna get your thread locked....

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

• Moderators

VresiBerba,

Clearly my question does not apply to the forum rules

if this question is not allowed, a mod needs to tell me

Clearly it does - as autosaving a game would fall under the "script interaction with games " prohibition. So consider yourself told. ;)

so I can make a new thread that does not have the word "game" in it

Read the Forum rules carefully - you wil see the following:

Do not repost the same question if the previous thread has been locked - particularly if you merely reword the question to get around one of the prohibitions listed above

Opening a new thread on the same question would not be taken at all well - so please do not. :)

And finally - thread closed. :naughty:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area