blank before decimal?

Burgs

Greetings,

This will probably be an easy question for somebody here, however I'm having a hard time with it.  I have some calculations that output floating values, with 2 digits following the decimal point...for example   .01  .02  .03  .10  .11   etc

I'm using the 'stringformat' command to format them with the 2 digits, and include a "0" if a value requires it (for example .1 becomes .10 or .2 becomes .20)...that all works fine.  I'm using the command as such   StringFormat(%.2f, value) 

My problem is that my values have a "0" added BEFORE the decimal point, which I do NOT want...I'm having a problem trying to format with only a blank before the decimal.  So my output appears as this:

0.01   0. 02   0.03   0.04   etc...

however I would like it to appear as this:

.01   .02   .03   .04   etc...  

I have tried "StringFormat(%0.2f, value),  StringFormat(% .2f, value),  StingFormat(% .2g, value)"   and some others without success...     

any clues on what I'm doing wrong is greatly appreciated,  I thank you in advance. 

I don't know how to do that with StringFormat, but here is a regex way :

$string = ".1 .20 .3 .4 .50"

$string  = StringRegExpReplace($string, "\.\d\b\K", "0")
ConsoleWrite($string)
Edited by jguinch

hello,  thanks for the reply, i'll take a look at that when I have a chance, but I was hoping to have an idea how to accomplish it with the StringFormat command, so as to prevent any serious re-keying...there must be a way I would think...?

What about this?

For $i = 0.1 To 1.1 Step 0.05
    $fResult = $i < 1 ? StringTrimLeft(StringFormat("%.2f", $i), 1) : StringFormat("%.2f", $i)
    ConsoleWrite($fResult & @CRLF)
Next
Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ