Mouse and Keyboard restrictions

Midius

Go to solution Solved by JohnOne,

Hi everyone,

I have a little project coming up and stumbeld over AutoIt. I have read a little bit into it and I hope someone with experience can give me some clues before I sink my time into it.

I dont need a complete code, I dont want to make u more work then I have too, just some hints in the right direction would be really appreciated.

Globaly I need to build up a screen with a searchfield where anyone can search and ONLY search, nothing else. If possible he shouldn't even notice that he is on a Windows-PC.

My thinking was to build up a PhP Website and working with IE/Firefox at fullscreen and hidden Windows-Bar. Then I only need an AutoIt-Script to restrict mouse movement to the top and bottom to prevent the user from entering the menus and restrict the keyboard to simple text-input and preventing Hotkeys like alt-del, ctrl-alt-del etc.

Ok so here my questions:

Can I prevent windows funktions like ctrl-alt-del with an AutoIt script or will Windows win on this one? Or do u know other things I didnt take into consideration why this one cant work?

I read about the possibility mouse restrictions in one Post, but the system i want to use has a touchscreen, is there any difference between touchscreen and a real mouse other than the need of checking mouse-cords on click rather then on move?

And if u have any further advise I'm glad to hear it.

Thanks for ur help and sorry for this noobish questions

greetz Midius

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

BlockInput(..

and: BlockInputEx UDF

Edited by mlipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Have you looked at kiosk mode?

Damn I think u saved me. I didnt know this one exists, THANK YOU! I will take a look at this.

THX again.

I think this thread has lost its purpose so feel free to delete it. Sorry for this getting OT so fast.

I wouldn't start firing your gun in the air just yet.

On a terminal with a keyboard, you can easily break out of that with ctrl alt Delete.

You can however take away that feature for non admin users through group policy.

Assuming you have admin rights on the machine you are trying to restrict.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Yeah I have Admin rights, that would not be the problem. And I dont really exspect someone to try hacking the PC its more that I dont want someone to mess up the system so a staffmember needs to reset the computer every half houer.

Thanks again for the advice I really appreciate your help especally since this is not topic of this forum.

Atm I'm thinking about a workaround over the not existing Screensaver in Kiosk-Mode, which I wanted to use to present a slideshow when the terminal isnt used. I think I will have to simulate the screensaver as javascript on the website, if u dont have anotherone of ur sparking ideas ^^.

thx again

greetz Midius