a free task scheduler

marcdr

hi all

Does anybody know where I can get hold of a free task scheduler that will log on as a user, run my autoit scripts over night and then log off?

I need this to log on as company policy says that our computers cant be left logged on and unattended. We use Win2K and can leave the sysems locked (ctrl+alt+del).

Thanks in advance

Marc

If you mean the Windows Task Scheduler, then I am having trouble getting it to log on when I lock the machine. It will run things when I am logged on and sat infront of the machine but not when I lock it and leave.

Is there another scheduler I have missed??

Do your scripts run interactively? What I mean with this is: do they automate windows etc?

If so, then the machine will most likely need to be logged in as there will be no windows for the script to control.

If they can be run as services, then you should no problem.

----[ SandyD ]---

Yes, my scripts do run interactively. The scripts produce reports from our systems, output them to excel and save to the desktop.

How do other people run their interactive scripts over night and keep the machine secure?

I'm pretty new to all this scripting stuff, so if there are some important things i'm missing could somebody give me a pointer in the right direction so I could find out.

Edited by marcdr