Best way to learn to use DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, .....

Hi

I want to learn the use DLLCALL and I feel the best way is to use DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll  for graphics manlipulation as I am somewhat familiar with  GDIPLUS.au3. Can anyone provide or direct me to any simple examples illustrating the use of DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll.

I have looked at the help file but doesn't enlighten me to it's use in a graphics context.

Thanks

Hi

I want to learn the use DLLCALL and I feel the best way is to use DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll  for graphics manlipulation as I am somewhat familiar with  GDIPLUS.au3. Can anyone provide or direct me to any simple examples illustrating the use of DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll.

I have looked at the help file but doesn't enlighten me to it's use in a graphics context.

Thanks

I assume to want to do some graphical coding. Check out the help file by looking for _GDIPlus_* (gdiplus.dll) or graphical examples using the GDI dll (gdi32.dll -> WinAPIGdi.au3).

Additionally, there are plenty of examples here in this forum!

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Sorry for the naivety of the post. Yes, you are both right I want to learn how to start manipulating the gdiplus.dll. The help file has lots of examples gdiplus but I don't seen any using the DLLCALL.

It has also occurred to me that many of these examples that use DLLCALL are quite old and therefore could it be that the gdiplus.au3 makes DLLCALL method redundant. Is that possible.   

Thanks

Bakiki, Open the GDIPlus UDFs (IncludeGDIPlus.au3 and IncludeWinAPIGdi.au3 in your AutoIt installation folder) directly in your editor. These UDFs shows how all the GDIPlus functions are implemented with DllCalls.

Because you have to be very precise and accurate when using DllCall, there is not much room for changes. The functions in GDIPlus UDFs shows how these DllCalls should be implemented. Neither more nor less.

You can also be fairly sure that the implementation of a function in the UDFs is the proper implementation. E.g. that all parameters are implemented correct, and that the function is working on both a 32 and a 64 bit system.

You can easily find examples in the forums (especially old examples), which are not working on a 64 bit system.

The best sources to learn how these DllCalls are coded are the GDIPlus UDFs. E.g. to draw a line directly with a DllCall see _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawLine in IncludeGDIPlus.au3.

You can find a general tutorial for the DllCall function in Dealing_with_Dll.pdf.