advanced resizing problem

Chewbi

Go to solution Solved by Chewbi,

Hello,

I have an advanced resizing problem.

I want the combo2 goes down at the same time that the editbox but it doesn't work.

I want also that listview1 fits in height and listview2 in height and width.

It's a bug or an error on my code ?

thank you for your help.

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <GuiComboBoxEx.au3>

$gui = GUICreate("GUI", 1003, 664, 20, 0,BitOR($WS_SIZEBOX,$WS_MINIMIZEBOX,$WS_MAXIMIZEBOX,$WS_THICKFRAME,$WS_SYSMENU,$WS_CAPTION,$WS_POPUP,$WS_POPUPWINDOW,$WS_BORDER))
$combo1 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Combo", 6, 8, 227, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST,$CBS_AUTOHSCROLL))
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT+$GUI_DOCKTOP+$GUI_DOCKHEIGHT+$GUI_DOCKWIDTH)
$listview1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Test", 6, 35, 227, 530)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 150)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT+$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKHEIGHT+$GUI_DOCKWIDTH)
$combo2 = _GUICtrlComboBoxEx_Create($gui, "Combo2", 6, 574, 227, 200,$CBS_DROPDOWNLIST)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT+$GUI_DOCKTOP+$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKWIDTH)
$listview2 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Test2", 240, 6, 755, 559)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT+$GUI_DOCKTOP+$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKRIGHT)
$editbox = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 240, 574, 674, 84)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT+$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKHEIGHT+$GUI_DOCKRIGHT)
$button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button", 923, 574, 73, 84)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKRIGHT+$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKHEIGHT+$GUI_DOCKWIDTH)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $gui)

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

1) if you want to use GUICtrlSetResizing() then use native AutoIt's controls, not UDF ones

;~ $combo2 = _GUICtrlComboBoxEx_Create($gui, "Combo2", 6, 574, 227, 200, $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST)
;~ GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT + $GUI_DOCKTOP + $GUI_DOCKBOTTOM + $GUI_DOCKWIDTH)
$combo2 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Combo2", 6, 574, 227, 200, $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT + $GUI_DOCKBOTTOM + $GUI_DOCKHEIGHT + $GUI_DOCKWIDTH)

2) if you really need UDF controls and not native ones then you have to do resizing of such controls yourself in WM_SIZE event

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_SIZE, "WM_SIZE")

Func WM_SIZE()
    GUICtrlSetPos(...)
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc
Edited by Zedna

I want also that listview1 fits in height and listview2 in height and width.

;~ GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT + $GUI_DOCKBOTTOM + $GUI_DOCKHEIGHT + $GUI_DOCKWIDTH)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT + $GUI_DOCKTOP + $GUI_DOCKBOTTOM + $GUI_DOCKWIDTH)

Tanks but the problem is the same with only native AutoIt's controls :

$gui = GUICreate("GUI", 1003, 664, 20, 0,BitOR($WS_SIZEBOX,$WS_MINIMIZEBOX,$WS_MAXIMIZEBOX,$WS_THICKFRAME,$WS_SYSMENU,$WS_CAPTION,$WS_POPUP,$WS_POPUPWINDOW,$WS_BORDER))
$combo1 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Combo", 6, 8, 227, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST,$CBS_AUTOHSCROLL))
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT+$GUI_DOCKTOP+$GUI_DOCKHEIGHT+$GUI_DOCKWIDTH)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT+$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKHEIGHT+$GUI_DOCKWIDTH)
$combo2 = GUICtrlCreateCombo( "Combo2", 6, 574, 227, 200,$CBS_DROPDOWNLIST)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT+$GUI_DOCKTOP+$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKWIDTH)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT+$GUI_DOCKTOP+$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKRIGHT)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT+$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKHEIGHT+$GUI_DOCKRIGHT)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKRIGHT+$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKHEIGHT+$GUI_DOCKWIDTH)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

1) if you want to use GUICtrlSetResizing() then use native AutoIt's controls, not UDF ones

;~ $combo2 = _GUICtrlComboBoxEx_Create($gui, "Combo2", 6, 574, 227, 200, $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST)
;~ GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT + $GUI_DOCKTOP + $GUI_DOCKBOTTOM + $GUI_DOCKWIDTH)
$combo2 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Combo2", 6, 574, 227, 200, $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT + $GUI_DOCKBOTTOM + $GUI_DOCKHEIGHT + $GUI_DOCKWIDTH)

2) if you really need UDF controls and not native ones then you have to do resizing of such controls yourself in WM_SIZE event

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_SIZE, "WM_SIZE")

Func WM_SIZE()
    GUICtrlSetPos(...)
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc

;~ GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT + $GUI_DOCKBOTTOM + $GUI_DOCKHEIGHT + $GUI_DOCKWIDTH)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT + $GUI_DOCKTOP + $GUI_DOCKBOTTOM + $GUI_DOCKWIDTH) 

ok but combo2 not go down at the same time that the editbox.

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

• Solution

Answer and solution is in my first post in this topic.

Copy my code snippet and replace your bad GUICtrlSetResizing() ...

sorry !

it's perfect but I don't understand why combo2 have $GUI_DOCKBOTTOM (and not $GUI_DOCKTOP) and mainly $GUI_DOCKHEIGHT (and not $GUI_DOCKBOTTOM)  ??

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

I imagine it is because an Edit box is a very different type of control to a Combo.

Have a think about the differences.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png