What is the error in this code

Hi all,

I am trying to make simple function to help coding in SciTE editor. This function will automatically add an "EndIf / EndFunc / WEnd / Next / EndSwitch / EndSelect / Until " after we press the enter key. It checks for first word of that line. And if the first word is " If / Func / While / For / Switch / Select / Do" , then it will work. Otherwise a normal enter key will work. Please look at my code. Unfortunately, this is not working. Please help me to find the error.

#include <StringConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

HotKeySet("{ENTER}", "AutoFiller")
HotKeySet("!{ESC}", "Exiter")
While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func AutoFiller()

Local $title = WinGetTitle("[CLASS:SciTEWindow]")             ; getting title of SciTE window
    Local $text = ControlGetText($title, "S", 350)            ; getting text from code editor
    Local $col = ControlGetText($title, "", 353)              ; getting text from status bar

Local $Get_Digit_from_col = StringRegExp($col, "\d{1,4}", 3)  ; an array and put line number and col number
    Local $Line_number = $Get_Digit_from_col[0]           ; this is line number where cursor residing 
    Local $Col_number = $Get_Digit_from_col[1]            ; this is col number where cursor residing 
    Local $CodeLines_Array = StringSplit($text, @CR)          ; splitting code window text as lines 

Local $Last_lineText = $CodeLines_Array[$Line_number]         ; this is text where cursor residing
    Local $TempArray = StringSplit($Last_lineText, " ")       ; splitting the text into words 
    Local $Start_text = $TempArray[1]                     ; this is the first word in that line
    Local $End_text = $TempArray[$TempArray[0]]           ; this is the last word in that line

If $Start_text = "If" And $End_text = "Then" Then                                           
        ControlSend($title, "S", 350, "{ENTER}{BACKSPACE}{ENTER}EndIf{ESC}{UP}{TAB}")           

ElseIf $Start_text = "If" And $End_text <> "Then" Then                                      
        ControlSend($title, "S", 350, " Then {ENTER}{BACKSPACE}{ENTER}EndIf{ESC}{UP}{TAB}")     

ElseIf $Start_text = "Func" Then                                                            
        ControlSend($title, "S", 350, "{ENTER}{BACKSPACE}{ENTER}EndFunc{ESC}{UP}{TAB}")

ElseIf $Start_text = "While" Then                                                           
        ControlSend($title, "S", 350, "{ENTER}{BACKSPACE}{ENTER}WEnd{ESC}{UP}{TAB}")

ElseIf $Start_text = "For" Then                                                             
        ControlSend($title, "S", 350, "{ENTER}{BACKSPACE}{ENTER}Next{ESC}{UP}{TAB}")

ElseIf $Start_text = "Do" Then                                                              
        ControlSend($title, "S", 350, "{ENTER}{BACKSPACE}{ENTER}Untill{ESC}{UP}{TAB}")

ElseIf $Start_text = "Switch" Then                                                          
        ControlSend($title, "S", 350, "{ENTER}Case {ENTER} {BACKSPACE}EndSwitch{ESC}{UP}{END}")

ElseIf $Start_text = "Select" Then                                                          
        ControlSend($title, "S", 350, "{ENTER}Case {ENTER} {BACKSPACE}EndSelect{ESC}{UP}{END}")

Else                                                                                        
        ControlSend($title, "S", 350, "{ENTER}")
    EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>AutoFiller

Func Exiter()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>Exiter
Edited by kcvinu
Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

• Developers

Are you trying to re-create the build-in Abbreviations functionality?

I would never approach it in this way but rather write a LUA or AutoIt3Script using the DIrector interface in the Background.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Jos, there is an abbreviation file but it contains only some short form text like "au3.keywords.abbrev= a3w a3w2 ". I don't know how to deal with them. So i planned to make a script. And you mean this method is a slower one ?. Or an impossible one ?. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

• Developers

@Jos, there is an abbreviation file but it contains only some short form text like "au3.keywords.abbrev= a3w a3w2 ". I don't know how to deal with them. So i planned to make a script. And you mean this method is a slower one ?. Or an impossible one ?. 

Not knowing "how it works" shouldn't be an excuse for not using it.

This method will always have the risk to conflict with something and requires this extra script to run always, were Abbrevs or Lua/Director interface work in the background.

My 2 cents ;)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Jos, Then where i can learn about thease " Abbrevs or Lua/Director interface". I have never seen any tutorials or examples.

Spoiler

My Contributions

• Developers

@Jos, Then where i can learn about thease " Abbrevs or Lua/Director interface". I have never seen any tutorials or examples.

Information is out there, but will take time to read/learn and understand.

Abbreviations is pretty well documented in the Helpfile and is even an script written by Melba23, included in SciTEConfig, to maintain them.

I am not going to spoon feed any of this but will help in case there are questions after I see some investment. ;)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Jos, Ok Thanks. If it is possible, then why we don't have this feature in SciTE ?. Is it a giant task ?

Spoiler

My Contributions

• Developers

@Jos, Ok Thanks. If it is possible, then why we don't have this feature in SciTE ?. Is it a giant task ?

Which feature?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Pressing enter after an if statement without "Then" will display a "Then" and a new line and "EndIf" and the cursor rests in the newline. 

Edit : The same feature in visual studio

Edited by kcvinu
Spoiler

My Contributions

• Developers

Have you tried typing IfThen and hit space?  (Assuming you have the full version of SciTE4Autoit3)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

What i am talking about is that, after we type an "If " statement and the expression like this

If x = y

And i need a "Then" automatically right after i hit Enter. And an "EndIf" in the next line

Spoiler

My Contributions

@Jos, The feature you said above (ifthen & space) will work but it needs two up arrow key press to type the expression.

Spoiler

My Contributions

@jos, This is not a fun project. This is a must have feature for a coding IDE. Why visual studio has this feature ?. This feature increases productivity. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

• Developers

@jos, This is not a fun project. This is a must have feature for a coding IDE. Why visual studio has this feature ?. This feature increases productivity. 

seems you are serious about it, well let me know when you are done so it can be implemented in SciTE.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Jos, The feature you said above (ifthen & space) will work but it needs two up arrow key press to type the expression.

??

in au3abbrev.properties

there is

ifthen=If | ThennEndIf

when you use this like you say (ifthen & space)

then:

If "HERE IS CURSOR" Then
EndIf

so I do not understand why you say:

it needs two up arrow key press to type the expression

mLipok

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Hi 

mLipok, I can't see such a file named  au3abbrev.properties in my pc.  And my arrow key rests after "Endif" .I am sure

And what i am talking about is not the abbreviation. Abbreviation only works after space key. I am talking about the Enter key. If we type "If " and the expression (say x = 15) then if we hit enter, there would be a "Then" and a new line and an "EndIf". Is this possible with an abbreviation ?

Spoiler

My Contributions

mLipok, I can't see such a file named  au3abbrev.properties in my pc.  And my arrow key rests after "Endif" 

C:Users{UserName}AppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTEau3abbrev.properties

I am sure And what i am talking about is not the abbreviation. Abbreviation only works after space key.

I know, you know what you want :)

I am talking about the Enter key. If we type "If " and the expression (say x = 15) then if we hit enter, there would be a "Then" and a new line and an "EndIf". Is this possible with an abbreviation ?

No.

Maybe Lua.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Hi all,

I have got a working code. But don't know how limit it for SciTE window only.

Here is the code.

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=D:\AotoIt Works\EXEs\AutoFiller32.Exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile_x64=D:\AotoIt Works\EXEs\AutoFiller64.Exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compile_Both=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=y
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.3.12.0
    Author:         kcvinu

Script Function: This program will paste EndIf / EndFunc / WEnd / Next / EndSwitch / Until / EndSelect automaticlly right after you hit enter

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Start - Add your code below here

#include <Array.au3>
#include <String.au3>
#include <StringConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPISys.au3>

HotKeySet("{ENTER}", "AutoFiller")
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Exiter")

While 1
    Sleep(5)

WEnd

Func AutoFiller()
    Global $Words_array
    Global $FW_array
    Global $LW_array
    Global $First_word
    Global $Index
    Global $Last_word
    Global $Parenthesis

Global $title = WinGetTitle("[CLASS:SciTEWindow]")

If WinGetState($title) = 47 Or WinGetState($title) = 15 Then

Global $Current_line = ControlCommand($title, "S", 350, "GetCurrentLine", "")
        Global $Text = ControlGetText($title, "S", 350)
        Global $Text_Array = StringSplit($Text, @LF)
        Global $Current_lineRaw = $Text_Array[$Current_line]
        Global $Current_lineText = StringStripWS($Current_lineRaw, 2)
        $Current_lineText = StringStripWS($Current_lineText, 1)
        $Last_word = StringRight($Current_lineText, 4)

$Parenthesis = StringRight($Current_lineText, 2)

If StringInStr($Current_lineText, " ") Then

$FW_array = StringRegExp($Current_lineText, "(^\w+)", 1)
            $First_word = $FW_array[0]
            If @error Then

EndIf

If $First_word == "If" And Not ($Last_word == "Then") Then
                ControlSend($title, "S", 350, " Then {ENTER}{HOME}{ENTER}EndIf {UP}{TAB}", 0)

ElseIf $First_word == "If" And $Last_word == "Then" Then
                ControlSend($title, "S", 350, "{ENTER}{HOME}{ENTER}EndIf {UP}{TAB}", 0)

ElseIf $First_word == "Func" And Not ($Parenthesis = "()") Then
                ControlSend($title, "S", 350, "(){ENTER}{HOME}{ENTER}EndFunc {UP}{TAB}", 0)

ElseIf $First_word == "Func" And $Parenthesis = "()" Then
                ControlSend($title, "S", 350, "{ENTER}{HOME}{ENTER}EndFunc {UP}{TAB}", 0)

ElseIf $First_word == "For" Then
                ControlSend($title, "S", 350, "{ENTER}{HOME}{ENTER}Next {UP}{TAB}", 0)

ElseIf $First_word == "While" Then
                ControlSend($title, "S", 350, "{ENTER}{HOME}{ENTER}WEnd {UP}{TAB}", 0)

ElseIf $First_word == "Do" Then
                ControlSend($title, "S", 350, "{ENTER}{HOME}{ENTER}Until {UP}{TAB}", 0)

ElseIf $First_word == "Switch" Then
                ControlSend($title, "S", 350, "{ENTER}Case {ENTER} {HOME}EndSwitch {UP}{SPACE}", 0)

ElseIf $First_word == "Select" Then
                ControlSend($title, "S", 350, "{ENTER}{HOME}{ENTER}EndSelect {UP}{TAB}", 0)

Else

EndIf
        Else

EndIf
    Else
        Local $hnd = _WinAPI_GetActiveWindow()
        WinActivate($hnd)
        Send("{ENTER}")

EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>AutoFiller

Func Exiter()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>Exiter
;~ AF()
;~ _ArrayDisplay($Words_array)
Spoiler

My Contributions

Lines from 103 to 105 are not tested yet. This function is working properly.

Spoiler

My Contributions