Wrapper and Aut2Exe

Hi!

My issue is a little hard to explain, but let's try...

I'm developing a improved version of Supercoe's ChunkVNC, a remote support software that used UltraVNC and AutoIT to make a friendly interface for "users".

I have three modules in the system:

Client - User interface
Viewer - Help Desk side
Compiler - Generate the Client and Viewer based on the server address, port and some other parameters.

I implemented the Resources UDF(>link) to the client module. My issue is, the Compiler module use the Aut2Exe tool to compile the "client.au3" to "client.exe". As Zedna stated:

Notes:
* to compile all script examples you must have installed Scite4AutoIt3 --> you must compile script by F7 from full Scite
* for using #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add directive you must have AutoIt3Wrapper at least version 2.0.1.22 (it's part of latest Scite4AutoIt3)

So... is there any way I can use this UDF, compiling the source using the Aut2Exe instead of SciTE4?

--

"There is a way out of every box, a solution to every puzzle; it's just a matter of finding it." - Picard, Jean-Luc

I'm aware of that software you speak of. As for your question, you can add the resources manually by using ResHacker, but then what's wrong with SciTE4AutoIt3? I dunno about you, but I hate making things overly complicated for myself.

Edit: Plus that ChunkVNC is re-distributing AutoIt plus the UDFs, which is kind of frowned upon here. I understand why, it's because you want people to add their own image and text, but then it would have been much better if you and Supercoe were to add user generated files as resources e.g. changing the opening image etc. Check my signature for Resource Update on how to do that.

Edit 2: Basically you have two applications, one is the wrapper you currently have and the second is a custom "compiler/creator" in which you update the resources of the wrapper. Thereby this means AutoIt isn't re-distributed and a mutual respect is still maintained.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I'm aware of that software you speak of. As for your question, you can add the resources manually by using ResHacker, but then what's wrong with SciTE4AutoIt3? I dunno about you, but I hate making things overly complicated for myself.

Edit: Plus that ChunkVNC is re-distributing AutoIt plus the UDFs, which is kind of frowned upon here. I understand why, it's because you want people to add their own image and text, but then it would have been much better if you and Supercoe were to add user generated files as resources e.g. changing the opening image etc. Check my signature for Resource Update on how to do that.

Edit 2: Basically you have two applications, one is the wrapper you currently have and the second is a custom "compiler/creator" in which you update the resources of the wrapper. Thereby this means AutoIt isn't re-distributed and a mutual respect is still maintained.

Well, I'm not aware of any restrictions on using AutoIT and it's UDFs as long the application is free and as well the source code is available, plus the obvious references. I plan to do all this, I even implemented multi language support.

I'm using the Aut2Exe because it makes easy for me and for people who will use the app, since they can run the Compiler module and generate the Client and Viewer adequate to their Repeater and infrastructure. I really don't see the problem with that.

Also, you misunderstand the use of the resource UDF here. The resources in questions are bitmaps for the GUI. The only thing people will upload using the Compiler module is info regarding the Help Desk connection, like Repeater IP, port, password, language for the GUI. The other files, like the UltraVNC binaries will be setup using FileInstall.

I need to be able to use that compiler module to compile the Client and Viewer sources, if is necessary to install SciTE with AutoIT3, no problem. But how can I automate the Wrap and Compile process using SciTE? Maybe a command line parameter like Aut2Exe provides. Hope you see my point.

--

"There is a way out of every box, a solution to every puzzle; it's just a matter of finding it." - Picard, Jean-Luc

I really dislike it when people say I misunderstood something, when I clearly didn't.

1. I understand the purposes of the Resources UDF, I even created an updated version called ResourcesEx UDF.
  2. It's you who has misunderstood me. You don't need to re-distribute AutoIt and the UDFs if you follow what I just said in my additional edits. If you have the main application (which you compile with your own SciTE) and then have dummy resources e.g. text for port number, password, bitmap whatever and then you create a secondary application that can edit those dummy resources with the user's, then you don't have this problem of SciTE4AutoIt3 not being on the customer's side AND redistributing AutoIt.

So with all due respect please re-read what I wrote and do a little bit of research as well.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

I really dislike it when people say I misunderstood something, when I clearly didn't.

1. I understand the purposes of the Resources UDF, I even created an updated version called ResourcesEx UDF.
  2. It's you who has misunderstood me. You don't need to re-distribute AutoIt and the UDFs if you follow what I just said in my additional edits. If you have the main application (which you compile with your own SciTE) and then have dummy resources e.g. text for port number, password, bitmap whatever and then you create a secondary application that can edit those dummy resources with the user's, then you don't have this problem of SciTE4AutoIt3 not being on the customer's side AND redistributing AutoIt.

So with all due respect please re-read what I wrote and do a little bit of research as well.

Yes, you didn't understand. Perhaps you're in defense mode simple because I referenced Supoercoe's work. Let's make clear, I'm improving on the concept, really, nowadays every major Remote Support system use the same architecture. If he did anything wrong with AutoIT, I'm not him.

I did testing for Ubuntu way back on version 8.x, currently work with Debian, PFSense, FreeNAS... I'm not here to just use AutoIT and break it's purpose. I hope that is clear. Once the project is finished, I'll publish the software, it's source and all here, on UltraVNC Forum and my website.

On the subject at hand:

1 - I didn't questioned your understanding of the UDF, just how I used it in my script.

2 - I will try to explain better:

The application consists of 3 modules, Client, Viewer and Compiler. Client and Viewer have obvious functions, since you seem to know how UltraVNC works. The Compiler provides a Script to IT technicians to compile the Client and Viewer sources, just by inputing the Repeaters IP, Ports. Plus the password and certificate to encrypt the VNC connection. I've attached the Compiler source so you can take a look, I'll improve it later, now I'm focused on the client module.

For security reasons, I'll not use information in "INI" files, because someone can easely exploit that, by editing the repeater IP address/port on the INI file.

So... all variables containing Strings for the GUI and messages, plus data for the VNC connection will be stored in includes(.au3), so that on compile time they become part of the binary(exe).

I have no problem requiring people to fully download and install AutoIT3 from the AutoIT website to use the compiler module, or SciTE for that matter, I just need the compiler module to be able to compile the sources using a automated method, doesn't matter if with Aut2Exe or SciTE.

They(IT technicians) need to open the compiler, input the Repeater IP and port, the password and click "Compile", then the compiler will generate the certificate for UltraVNC connection encryption, generate the includes containing the repeater data, compile the source of the Client and Viewer modules with it's includes. Done.

The include generation is not yet in the compiler module, because as I said, I'm still working on the Client module. But I really hope you now get why I need the compiler.

You dislike people saying you didn't understand something, well, I really dislike when I create a thread honestly asking for help and the first response is with distrust.

Compiler.au3

Edited by LFCavalcanti

--

Do you not understand my point about using resources and editing them?

Having non-developers edit UDFs is just a bad design choice. Plus you've taken my initial post way out of context.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Just to clarify, that compiler code you've provided could be tweaked so that the user enters a password, port number, images et...and then all you have to do is simply update the resources of the client and viewer applications using the code I have linked to in my signature. No AutoIt, no UDFs. all code is compiled and therefore less chance of people editing your source code.

Edit: If you still think I don't understand then what can I do? I have thought about re-designing ChunkVNC from the ground up and implementing the idea(s) I have just given you for about 3 years now. Perhaps I should just go ahead and do that? Though would rather give you the opportunity and apply my knowledge and time to other projects inc. AutoIt.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Do you not understand my point about using resources and editing them?

Having non-developers edit UDFs is just a bad design choice. Plus you've taken my initial post way out of context.

:blink:

We are not understand each other at all

Resources are included by Wrapper on Compile time and I need to compile the Client and Viewer sources using the compiler module, not the AutoIT compiler, the Script(au3) I call compiler.

No one will be editing any source code if they don't want to change the application, that's why I'm building the Compiler module, so they can use the Script to create custom Client and Viewer. I have 34 companies to manage Help Desk to here, I need to create a Client adequate for all these 34 IT Infrastructures, because in each of them will be a Repeater server running, so, station on those networks will connect to it's local repeaters, if not, to a central one here on our servers.

If you still doesn't understand why I have a script to compile the Client and Viewer module, let's narrow the thread to a direct question:

Is there any way to use command line parameters to compile a script that use Wrapper Directives using the Aut2Exe or SciTE? If not command line parameters, any other automated way?

--

Just to clarify, that compiler code you've provided could be tweaked so that the user enters a password, port number, images et...and then all you have to do is simply update the resources of the client and viewer applications using the code I have linked to in my signature. No AutoIt, no UDFs. all code is compiled and therefore less chance of people editing your source code.

Edit: If you still think I don't understand then what can I do? I have thought about re-designing ChunkVNC from the ground up and implementing the idea(s) I have just given you for about 3 years now. Perhaps I should just go ahead and do that? Though would rather give you the opportunity and apply my knowledge and time to other projects inc. AutoIt.

Man... that exacly what I'm doing... good God!

I really don't get why you are treating me like this. If this is not the place to request help related to AutoIT, forgive me. Delete my thread.

You are patronizing, making assumption in everything I said... Why?

--

• Developers

This is a place to ask AutoIt3 questions ...no worries.

So lets see if I understand your question: all you want is to be able to add a file to the resources without using my AutoIt3Wrapper script?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Resources can be edited after the application has been compiled, how do you think Au3Wrapper does it? It compiles using Au2Exe and then updates the resources.

At present you're not doing that. You compile with AutoIt and use FileInstall, which is not what I am proposing.

UDF List:

This is a place to ask AutoIt3 questions ...no worries.

So lets see if I understand your question: all you want is to be able to add a file to the resources without using my AutoIt3Wrapper script?

Jos

Hi!

I need to compile a script that uses Wrapper directives using an automated method, like Aut2Exe provides.

--

Resources can be edited after the application has been compiled, how do you think Au3Wrapper does it? It compiles using Au2Exe and then updates the resources.

At present you're not doing that. You compile with AutoIt and use FileInstall, which is not what I am proposing.

At present I implemented the Zedna's UDF, using the resources functions to provide the bitmaps for the GUI elements.

Using Aut2Exe it doesn't run the Wrapper, is there any way to do it by command line?

I really don't need those bitmaps to be edited, they are GUI elements, what I do need to be edited everytime the Client and Viewer are compiled are the includes related to GUI text variables(Language support) and includes related to the VNC connection.

--

• Developers

Hi!

I need to compile a script that uses Wrapper directives using an automated method, like Aut2Exe provides.

Call me slow, but the #AutoIt3Wrapper_directives are directives that tell the AutoIt3Wrapper compiled autoit3 script what to do with the input source file and output exe file, so I am not sure about the question here.

The source is provided so it contains no secrets...   just 5000 lines of code :)

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Call me slow, but the #AutoIt3Wrapper_directives are directives that tell the AutoIt3Wrapper compiled autoit3 script what to do with the input source file and output exe file, so I am missing the question here.

The source is provided so it contains no secrets...   just 5000 lines of code :)

Jos

I'm not calling anything, I just can't get the understanding about what I need to do.

The directives do that, but the Wrapper is activated by SciTE, Aut2Exe doesn't activate the Wrapper if I compile the Script using command line, like:

ShellExecuteWait( "SOURCE\Aut2Exe\Aut2Exe.exe", '/in SOURCE\viewer\IntermixViewer.au3 /out "' & @TempDir & '\Intermix_Compiled\Viewer\IntermixViewer.exe" /icon SOURCE\viewer\img\icon.ico', @ScriptDir )

--

One more thing... what's this?

How you give me time to work on this? Are you Supercoe? Did you saw my thread on the UltraVNC Forum? How are you giving me opportunity?

Please clarify the situation, you're to aggressive here. Did I step on something you're already doing?

--

One more thing... what's this?

How you give me time to work on this? Are you Supercoe? Did you saw my thread on the UltraVNC Forum? How are you giving me opportunity?

As mentioned in the PM you sent me, No I am not, no I didn't and instead of going ahead with what I planned three years ago, I would rather let you continue on your quest of re-writing ChunkVNC. I was merely providing a better approach than having "companies" edit the file locations/data in the custom UDFs and compile with the distributed/downloaded AutoIt. My way is using resources in the wrapper executable, so all you have to distribute is the ChunkVNC viewer and repeater as well as the custom compiler (you create), that updates the resources in the ChunkVNC viewer. Again, code to do this is either in Au3Wrapper or as Jos said, it's 5000 lines, so I have stripped that part into an article in the Examples section, titled Resource Update.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

• Developers

I'm not calling anything, I just can't get the understanding about what I need to do.

The directives do that, but the Wrapper is activated by SciTE, Aut2Exe doesn't activate the Wrapper if I compile the Script using command line, like:

ShellExecuteWait( "SOURCE\Aut2Exe\Aut2Exe.exe", '/in SOURCE\viewer\IntermixViewer.au3 /out "' & @TempDir & '\Intermix_Compiled\Viewer\IntermixViewer.exe" /icon SOURCE\viewer\img\icon.ico', @ScriptDir )

Correct the AutoIt3Wrapper script sits between the SciTE tools function keys and arrange the actual execution.

AutoIt3Wrapper can also be used from any other program as lomng as you feed it the correct commandline with parameters.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Correct the AutoIt3Wrapper script sits between the SciTE tools function keys and arrange the actual execution.

AutoIt3Wrapper can also be used from any other program as lomng as you feed it the correct commandline with parameters.

Jos

I tried using the commandline parameters for the AutoIt3Wrapper:

AutoIt3Wrapper.exe /in ..\SOURCE\client\IntermixClient.au3 /out ..\SOURCE\client\IntermixClientTest.exe /icon ..\SOURCE\client\img\icon.ico /comp 4 /x86

The wrapper doesn't return any error, but then a window opens, it's Aut2Exe asking for the source file location.

The source file already have the Wrapper Directive pointing out the Aut2Exe location:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Aut2exe=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\Aut2exe.exe

What I'm missing?

Edited by LFCavalcanti

--

• Developers

Are you sure it isn't Autoit3Wrapper asking for the source file location?

The prompt is not for the AUT2EXE location, but for your scriptfile location.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.