Autoit and MAC?

i'm working currently on a MAC Computer, but i

don't know if any Code-Language works on it.

I can code in C++ and a bit autoit...

does autoit or C++ work with Mac?

If yes, are there problems/exceptions?

You can't run AutoIT native in MAC OS, no matter what OS version you are using! You can however use a windows emulator (virtual machine) on your MAC and run AutoIT within that simulated environment. However, that would'nt be what you want. google them: mac os x windows emulator

An alternative would be AppleScript.

There are some free C++ compilers and IDEs available for MAC OS. Just google them: C++ IDE mac os

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Hello,

i'm working currently on a MAC Computer, but i

don't know if any Code-Language works on it.

I can code in C++ and a bit autoit...

does autoit or C++ work with Mac?

If yes, are there problems/exceptions?

Thank you alot,

sd333221

autoit works with the windows API. if you're running windows on your mac, you'd probably have SOME functionality with autoit, although i suspect alot of things wouldn't work correctly. personally, i like java for true cross platform functionality... and syntaxually it's very similar to C++ so depending on your comfort level with C++ so you should be able to pick it up pretty quick

if you're running windows on your mac

"running windows on your mac"? How ???

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

i don't use a mac, but wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a windows for mac, or atleast an emulator of some sort...

Apple uses different processors, called PowerPC (at least until they announced to switch over to Intel) ==> currently there is no Windows for PowerPC !! So, no "Windows on Mac".

As I said, there are some emulators and virtual machines. However, then you would have the full feature set of windows (and AutoIT), because you're running a copy of windows in that emulator. But, that does not help you to automate things for Mac OS, as you cannot "escape" the emulator!

Cheers

Kurt

Apple uses different processors, called PowerPC (at least until they announced to switch over to Intel) ==> currently there is no Windows for PowerPC !! So, no "Windows on Mac".

As I said, there are some emulators and virtual machines. However, then you would have the full feature set of windows (and AutoIT), because you're running a copy of windows in that emulator. But, that does not help you to automate things for Mac OS, as you cannot "escape" the emulator!

Cheers

Kurt

good reason to use java for writing programs that may be run on mac or windows then eh?

good reason to use java for writing programs that may be run on mac or windows then eh?

probably. But with the benefits of portabilty you loose a lot of functionality, as you can only rely on the smalest subest of features available on all plattforms.

Cheers

Kurt

I think you are missing the nature of AutoIt.

AutoIt scripts are not so much 'compiled' as they are 'packaged' (using UPX) Think of a compiled AutoIt script a a zip file that can be exicuted.

Also, AutoIt relys HEAVLY (if not entirely) on the Windows API.

The code we write in an autoit script, is changed into Windows API calls by the AutoIt interpriter (which also gets packaged with each copy of you script)

So you see Mac OS supports no Windows API calls.