Packet/data sender

Kardus

I'm making a script and I'm not sure how I'd go about sending packets to a certain IP (like 'ping' in DOS).

I'd also like to know how I could genterate a list of incoming/outgoing IP's (like 'netstat' in DOS).

If anyone could instruct me how to do these (or any DOS commands for that matter), please tell me! I need the text (that would normally appear in the command prompt) to show up in my gui (i.e. List of ip's, packet sending info) Thanks!

I'm making a script and I'm not sure how I'd go about sending packets to a certain IP (like 'ping' in DOS).

I'd also like to know how I could genterate a list of incoming/outgoing IP's (like 'netstat' in DOS).

If anyone could instruct me how to do these (or any DOS commands for that matter), please tell me! I need the text (that would normally appear in the command prompt) to show up in my gui (i.e. List of ip's, packet sending info) Thanks!

Option 1: From the RUN screen type CMD and press the ENTER key. You will find a black box is presented. Type HELP and a list of DOS commands will be presented. Choose one of the commands you want more information about and type HELP followed by a space and the command you chose for more information.

Option 2: The Microsoft web site (Microsoft is the current owner of MSDOS) has a lot of information on most DOS commands. Surf over to www.microsoft.com and try your command in the search area.

Once you have learnt how to execute the commands you need, learn about piping the commands.

NB: PING works well - why re-invent the wheel?

The AutoIT help guide has a lot of useful information on the RUN command. ;)

I know what commands I want the use, the main problem is I don't know how to initiate those commands through autoit without bringing up the CMD (and get results/info to display on gui). I've seen something similar coded on a different language, but I'm not sure how to do it in autoit.

• 2 months later...