Scripts/exe or ? on a Pocket PC

I was wondering if any one here knows how to place a program on a Pocket PC

I think it operates very similar as it has windows installed... but just want to see if anyone knows any special

precautions

ideas

any direction would be helpfull

[sorry no code attached] ... i dont have one yet

8)

NEWHeader1.png

I, for one, would love to see a "PocketAutoIt"

Your Pocket PC should have come with a CD that has ActiveSync on it, or get it from www.download.com or download.microsoft.com.

As for "placing" apps on the Pocket PC: For many programs you can get a CAB that you can download directly to the Pocket PC or a flash card and click on it to install. For those with installers, you must run the installer and then ActiveSync with the desktop to get it to install. If you download an EXE file, just put it in \Program Files or create a folder somewhere and copy it to there (I prefer creating a folder under \SafeStorage\Program Files). Then copy the EXE file, go to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs and paste a shortcut.

As for precautions, I've found that on my Samsung i730 Windows Mobile 2003 phone many apps tell me they may not work because they were developed for an older version Windows Mobile. I have not run into one that wouldn't run though, and I test a LOT of programs on mine. I've seen a LOT of complaints about Windows Mobile 5.0 not being compatible though.

What OS are you running? Is it Windows Mobile... 2003, 5.0? An older version?

Check out www.pocketpcfreeware.com, www.handago.com (no free stuff though), www.freewareppc.com, and www.pocketdownload.com.

Edited by c0deWorm

My UDFs: ExitCodes

I was wondering if any one here knows how to place a program on a Pocket PC

I think it operates very similar as it has windows installed... but just want to see if anyone knows any special

precautions

ideas

[sorry no code attached] ... i dont have one yet

8)

i'm pretty sure i've seen some scripts for pocket pc on this forum...

maybe forum search ?? It gave me the following link: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...topic=8446&st=0

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *