Admin Tool

GaryFrost

nice additions gary....!!!!!!

I thought maybe with the "net View" (browser mode)... it might work on my "local network"... but not...

will it work in the future??

and maybe an "out" would be nice..... you have this

If @error Then
        _ResetLockWait()
        MsgBox(16, "_RetrieveSoftware", "ExecQuery Error: Select * from Win32_Product")
        Return
    EndIf

maybe on the error it could

get message ( as i was trying everything to stop it and had to wait for four message boxes)

instead of the above error box... maybe this

#Region --- CodeWizard generated code Start ---
;MsgBox features: Title=Yes, Text=Yes, Buttons=Cancel, Try Again, Continue, Icon=Critical
If Not IsDeclared("iMsgBoxAnswer") Then Dim $iMsgBoxAnswer
$iMsgBoxAnswer = MsgBox(22,"_RetrieveSoftware","ExecQuery Error: Select * from Win32_Product       " & @CRLF & @CRLF)
Select
   Case $iMsgBoxAnswer = 2;Cancel

Case $iMsgBoxAnswer = 10;Try Again

Case $iMsgBoxAnswer = 11;Continue

EndSelect
#EndRegion --- CodeWizard generated code End ---

thanks for showing us....... great programming!!!!!!

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

I just found a usefull application that is super easy to script and Should be very usefull for this Admin Tool

it's called wol.exe and it allows you to turn on a comptuer using the Wake onLan feature available on most computer for the last 4-5 years.

a link to the file home page for the utility is below.

http://www.gammadyne.com/cmdline.htm#wol

all you do is

$macAdd = "Mac Address of target computer"
 runwait("wol.exe " & $macAdd")

Mike

I just found a usefull application that is super easy to script and Should be very usefull for this Admin Tool

it's called wol.exe and it allows you to turn on a comptuer using the Wake onLan feature available on most computer for the last 4-5 years.

a link to the file home page for the utility is below.

http://www.gammadyne.com/cmdline.htm#wol

all you do is

$macAdd = "Mac Address of target computer"
runwait("wol.exe " & $macAdd")

Mike

Don't have time to work on this at this time, but when I do I'll take a look at how to add this option in.

Thanks,

Gary

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

On the left side, when you right click on a PC, it would be nice to have 'Remote Desktop' on the context menu. It would run:

mstsc /v:pc-name

Also, it would be nice to click on column headings under the process list to sort by name, path or pid. Same for services, too.

-John

Edited by jftuga

Hi,

This is not able to work unless "Domain" setup?

Is that correct, as I get nothing if I put network name or computer name in for Domain?...

Randall

This tool is not for the average home user, yes it's made for those on domains.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

This tool is not for the average home user, yes it's made for those on domains.

It also works if you put in the name of your workgroup in place of domain.

Gary, would it be possible to add in a feature that will allow you to select a specific domain OU to query for a list of computers? Might be useful for narrowing things down if your network is one HUGE domain with over 10000 PCs, and the PCs are split into specific OUs. I think I have the vbs code to query an OU for computers added to it, if that would help... What do you think?

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

It also works if you put in the name of your workgroup in place of domain.

Gary, would it be possible to add in a feature that will allow you to select a specific domain OU to query for a list of computers? Might be useful for narrowing things down if your network is one HUGE domain with over 10000 PCs, and the PCs are split into specific OUs. I think I have the vbs code to query an OU for computers added to it, if that would help... What do you think?

Post the vbs code, and I'll have a look see, I know what you mean, don't have that many at work, over 3000 but still they are divided into OU's and would be nice to filter that way if wanted.

Gary

Post the vbs code, and I'll have a look see, I know what you mean, don't have that many at work, over 3000 but still they are divided into OU's and would be nice to filter that way if wanted.

Gary

Alright, I'll post the vbs as soon as I get into work tomorrow morning. By the way, amazing tool, wonderful job.

I added in a quick and dirty function to remotely control the selected computer using remote desktop. No real error checking... Control function follows:

Dim the variable "$lv_pcs_contextRemote" under _Main() then do the following...

Paste under the following line: $lv_pcs_contextPopulate = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Populate Information", $lv_pcs_contextmenu)

$lv_pcs_contextRemote = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Remote Control", $lv_pcs_contextmenu)

Paste in the Select for the GUI:

Case $msg = $lv_pcs_contextRemote
                _RemoteControlMachine($lv_pcs, $i_TimeOut, $Status)

Paste in the #region --- Helper functions ---:

Func _RemoteControlMachine(ByRef $lv_pcs, ByRef $i_TimeOut, ByRef $Status)
    Local $s_Machine
    $s_Machine = _GUICtrlListViewGetItemText ($lv_pcs, -1, 0)
    If ($s_Machine <> $LV_ERR) Then
        If _SetStatus($lv_pcs, Int(_GUICtrlListViewGetSelectedIndices ($lv_pcs)), $Status, $i_TimeOut) Then
            Run('mstsc.exe /v:' & $s_Machine, @SystemDir)
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc; ==> _RemoteControlMachine
Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

Okay, so I lied... I dont have the scripts anymore, but I'll try to find them. If you have the Windows 2000 Resource Kit, you have the scripts. Their names are below:

ClassifyMembers.vbs: Can list objects in a container/OU or a domain.

ListProperties.vbs: Can show object properties and information. It can be used with the WinNT:// namespace against Windows NT, Member or Workstation machines, or with the LDAP:// namespace for Active Directory Domain Controllers. Pay attention that this script is case-sensitive in its syntax.

I'll do my best to locate these scripts, but that's the best I can do... sorry B)

• 1 month later...

I have personally made several changes (some still in implimentation) that I believe make this a more useful tool. I've PMed Gary to see if it's alright that I post the updates.

Okay, here's the updated version. I've also got a packaged version using Nullsoft that includes a readme, but its nowhere near complete, and you guys wont need it anyway. Attached is the zip needed. You will have to change the FileInstalls to point to whatever directory you have the tool in when you compile, but that should be it.

Scott

Edit: Just so you all know... DameWare (Remote Control), Wake-On-LAN, and all Data Export features (except Computer List) are not yet implimented. I just put them there to complete the functionality of the GUI.

Edited by RagnaroktA

Everything should except for the things I listed. I just added more information to the process tab. Now it will display the process owner and the memory usage as well. Does anyone have any more suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello RagnaroktA,

I was looking for a pstools GUI but stumbled on this great piece of work.

But ... (always that but) I can't seem to work with the filters.

There are over 15000 PC's on our AD-domain and every time I refresh it seems to start digging up every single PC.

When I enter a single IP or computername in the search field I get Unable to locate computer.

Any idea what might be going wrong ?

Is it possible to add the option to specify a login and password for pstools ?

When I use these I need to log on as local administrator ...

Thanks for reading this :lmao:

Hello RagnaroktA,

I was looking for a pstools GUI but stumbled on this great piece of work.

But ... (always that but) I can't seem to work with the filters.

There are over 15000 PC's on our AD-domain and every time I refresh it seems to start digging up every single PC.

When I enter a single IP or computername in the search field I get Unable to locate computer.

Any idea what might be going wrong ?

Is it possible to add the option to specify a login and password for pstools ?

When I use these I need to log on as local administrator ...

Thanks for reading this :lmao:

Just right click on the exe and select runas, run the exe as admin