Admin Tool

GaryFrost

• 1 month later...

I still havent had time to code alot of the new features. If you want the current script, an unfinished version of 2.1.7, I've posted the latest exe (so that it will include all files needed to run) on my website. Linked below. Also linked is a zip.

I havent finished the readme, as I've made several changes, so it may not reflect the applications current state.

Compiled

Source

It's been almost 3 months since any updates, and even the links above no longer work. RagnorokA seems to be MIA.

Does anyone happen to have the source.zip from 2.1.7 they could attach? TIA

My Projects:DebugIt - Debug your AutoIt scripts with DebugIt!

Hey all,

Sorry for being MIA, it's been a busy busy couple of months and I'm just now checking the boards.

I stopped working on the project for a while, but I'll pick back up tomorrow (I would do it today, but I forgot my development library at the house this morning). I've got a few standing bugs to iron out, and the monitor serial piece to get working again (not sure how it died, but it did) and then I'll post the latest. Thanks guys, sorry about that.

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

Okay, the latest.

Update function should work. Behind a proxy it will not be able to get the size of the file, and will report unknown. Monitor Serial function still broken, and taken out of the script temporarily. Everything else works. Let me know if you have any feature requests, etc.

Scott

P.S. The executable is not passworded. The source is too big to post, so just EXE>AU3 it.

Edited by RagnaroktA
Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

You can use some WMI functions from this topic :

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29404

Want option NOT to use it in a domain but on just an existing computer.

Errors : default button on settings -> error

Wake on Lan -> error

always the same error 'variable used without being declared

Edited by FeReNGi

Alrighty, fixed both of those errors... (That's what happens when you put something down for so long... you forget what you broke.) I'll take a look at using some of the functions from the other thread. I've been debating putting together a more robust version of the program with a better GUI, more features, etc, but I dont know if there's much demand. If there's any demand, I'll start putting together a prettier, more functional version. Maybe under a new name.

Edited by RagnaroktA

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi this tool really useful for me. i knew the last post was 5 years ago, but i really want to know how this tool run.

i downloaded source code from the first page but got error when run it

$MAIN_WINDOW = GUICreate($Title, 785, 560, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_SIZEBOX, $WS_MINIMIZEBOX, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_CAPTION, $WS_POPUP, $WS_SYSMENU))

$MAIN_WINDOW = GUICreate($Title, 785, 560, -1, -1, BitOR(^ ERROR

i fixed it by remove all BitOR

$MAIN_WINDOW = GUICreate($Title, 785, 560, -1, -1)

Then i got another error

==> Unknown function name.

_GUICtrlListViewSetColumnWidth ($lv_pcs, 0, 100)

^ ERROR

This time i dont know how to fix it. Please help

Tonlo

Edited by tonlo

I just came accross this and I also would like to know what is needed to get this working again... I'll work on it when I can

At last, after two thousand years of research, the illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator.Well, back to the old drawing board.

AutoIt has changed a lot since 2007!

$MAIN_WINDOW = GUICreate($Title, 785, 560, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_SIZEBOX, $WS_MINIMIZEBOX, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_CAPTION, $WS_POPUP, $WS_SYSMENU))

$MAIN_WINDOW = GUICreate($Title, 785, 560, -1, -1, BitOR(^ ERROR

This variables have been moved to separate include files. Add "#include <WindowsConstants.au3>" to the script.

==> Unknown function name.

_GUICtrlListViewSetColumnWidth ($lv_pcs, 0, 100)

^ ERROR

The function names have changes . Please check AutoIts help file and search for "script breaking changes".

_GUICtrlListViewSetColumnWidth is now _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I have updated both of those and a good number of other UDF's. But when I updated "_GUICtrlListViewGetItemText" to "_GUICtrlListView_GetItemTextString" I found that they changed the options of the function, and I can't seem to locate the differences.

the code had "_GUICtrlListViewGetItemText ($lv_pcs, -1, 0)"

do I just need to remove the ", 0", or has the setting to the function changed more than that?

At last, after two thousand years of research, the illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator.Well, back to the old drawing board.

Please have a look at the help file. I assume $lv_pcs is the Control ID/Handle of the control. -1 seems to be a bit strange because this parameter is the zero based index of the item. So it should be 0 or greater.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

-1 means get the text of the currently selected item in the listview.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of includes and UDF function changes are needed to make it go, here is what I hope will work... I say Hope because I am not on a domain at home so can enumerate my machines (even router) by using the workgroup name but trying to get any info about the machines causes the app to die.

Ian

AdminTool.au3

Edited by llewxam

My projects:

• IP Scanner - Multi-threaded ping tool to scan your available networks for used and available IP addresses, shows ping times, resolves IPs in to host names, and allows individual IPs to be pinged.
  • INFSniff - Great technicians tool - a tool which scans DriverPacks archives for INF files and parses out the HWIDs to a database file, and rapidly scans the local machine's HWIDs, searches the database for matches, and installs them.
  • PPK3 (Persistent Process Killer V3) - Another for the techs - suppress running processes that you need to keep away, helpful when fighting spyware/viruses.
  • Sync Tool - Folder sync tool with lots of real time information and several checking methods.
  • USMT Front End - Front End for Microsoft's User State Migration Tool, including all files needed for USMT 3.01 and 4.01, 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
  • Audit Tool - Computer audit tool to gather vital hardware, Windows, and Office information for IT managers and field techs. Capabilities include creating a customized site agent.
  • CSV Viewer - Displays CSV files with automatic column sizing and font selection. Lines can also be copied to the clipboard for data extraction.
  • MyDirStat - Lists number and size of files on a drive or specified path, allows for deletion within the app.
  • 2048 Game - My version of 2048, fun tile game.
  • Juice Lab - Ecigarette liquid making calculator.
  • Data Protector - Secure notes to save sensitive information.
  • VHD Footer - Add a footer to a forensic hard drive image to allow it to be mounted or used as a virtual machine hard drive.
  • Find in File - Searches files containing a specified phrase.

With over 10,000 devices on my domain I was quick to kill the enumeration. I like the idea though.

Support bacteria; it's the only culture most people have.LxP's Learning to Script with AutoIt 3 - Excellent starting placeVolly's Links Page - Links to cool and useful scriptsAutoIt Wrappers - Valuater's AutoIt Wrappers post. Lots of good stuff.Support AutoIt - Make a donation here; I did.[size="2"]#include <Guinness.pint>[/size]