How to send virtual mouse clicks

I've been reading tutorials for hours but I'm a complete computer newb and I learn best with examples. I'm trying to automate some repetitive tasks mostly using the mouse but I need the mouse to be invisible and not interfere with the actual mouse pointer (I have 2 monitors and multitasking).

In particular if someone could show me the code for these 3 very simple tasks I would try to take it from there:

- If chrome.exe is open or opens the mouse will move to (x:300,y:300) and click at that location.

- If pixel at (x:300,y:300) or (x:600,y:600) becomes 1D3458 the mouse will click at that/those location.

- If active window is "Windows Media Player" mouse will move to (x:300,y:300), double click, and type "hello".

The important part is that the real mouse must not be affected by these tasks and the tasks must be executed prefrably with 0 delay and as long as the script is ON it will continue to perform the tasks. Thank you so much for any replies, I spend most of my day on PC and learning how to make some simple scripts such as these would be really amazing, think of it as saving someone's life!  :thumbsup:

• Moderators

and I learn best with examples.

Then the Help File will be your best friend. Almost every function has an example to it. Read through the ones Zedna suggests, and try out the example scripts.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to my thread when you can just ignore it, but the reason I'm here is because I already looked at the help document but having problems making it work, that's why I asked for a working short example of 3 different tasks.

If my code looks like this for a simple double click, MouseClick ( "left", 300, 300, 2,  0 ) It will still interfere with my mouse moving it at that location. I need to double click there without my real mouse moving and disrupting whatever I'm doing like drawing in photoshop, etc...

• Developers

You are sure you haven't been here before in the past few days and being told about the forum rules?

Any reason why registering a new account or was the previous name a bit to bold?

Actually there are even more accounts out there ...right?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I don't understand how people on this forum can be so unhelpful, your first instinct is always to discredit the person and finding ways to avoid actually helping them with their problem/question. I already said in the original post that I've spent hours trying to learn autoit and asked for 3 small examples of how to perform tasks that I couldn't manage to figure out, which means that I already read the tutorials so what's the point of giving me more links?

You are sure you haven't been here before in the past few days and being told about the forum rules?

Any reason why registering a new account or was the previous name a bit to bold?

Actually there are even more accounts out there ...right?

Jos

A little too bold? You think that because I have "cheating" in my name it means that I'm cheating in a game? Cheating refers to cheating the system, like everyone else on this forum using a script to do tasks for you is cheating the system, it's a shortcut, it doesn't mean it's something illegal or not allowed. Taking an airplane is cheating the system, taking the elevator instead of the stairs is cheating the system, when I'm truthful you ignore what I say and try to distort the truth to avoid helping, when I'm not truthful and ask a simple question you avoid to help again. If you're actually on these forums to help people then be less of an hypocrite and actually help them, people who are on forums are here because they already tried the alternatives like reading tutorials and such.

• Developers

Honestly I don't care much about you at all other than I dislike people going against our forumrules and then still have the balls to post a reply like you just did.

Those I have zero tolerance for

I will lock all accounts you created except the last one and this better be the last time I have to deal with you because the only mode going forward will be is a permanent ban.

So do not open any topic that is even close to game automation.

End-of-story

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)