Inaccurate Desktop Resolution

Sxit

Using the autoit window info tool or using the macros @desktopwidth or @desktophieght gives me a resolution of 1600 x 900 when in fact I'm using a resolution of 1920 x 1080 is there anyway to correct this? it's making scripting extremely difficult.

• Developers

Using the autoit window info tool or using the macros @desktopwidth or @desktophieght gives me a resolution of 1600 x 900 when in fact I'm using a resolution of 1920 x 1080 is there anyway to correct this? it's making scripting extremely difficult.

What about you show some more details on what you are seeing when ?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I've tried all three but I suspect that the problem is deeper than the info tool considering the macros are also giving the wrong size. Can autoit detect resolutions larger than 1600x900? I feel like it totally can.

I've tried all three but I suspect that the problem is deeper than the info tool considering the macros are also giving the wrong size. Can autoit detect resolutions larger than 1600x900? I feel like it totally can.

Take a look at this,maybe will work!

https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/FAQ#How_can_I_get_the_screen_resolution_in_multiple_monitor_setups.3F

DocTorCoder

SLOVED IT!

the problem was in fact windows 8.1 screen scaling.

The white rectangle in the first screen shot I posted was showing what my resolution "looks like"

After going into control panel>display I checked "let me choose one scaling for all displays" and then selected 100%

autoit now displays the correct resolution.

yay!

Note to developers: please implement a way to detect the right resolution when using screen scaling.

thanks for everyone's input. hopefully this will help others too.

Edited by Sxit