Searching the forums for answers, examples, etc

I'm finding that a whole lot of questions get posted on these forums with very little background searching done by the asking users. 

I can appreciate the fact that the built-in forum search may not be the best (they usually aren't). So I would recommend using Google first with the argument "site:autoitscript.com" (remove the "") following with your question.

E.g .http://www.google.com/webhp?ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=site%3Aautoitscript.com%20how%20to%20create%20a%20gui 

Majority of the time you will find your answer on the first page or the second page. 

Yes, everyone should search the forums, first.  Always.

But I'd like to add three points:

The presentation of results using this forum's own Search... or Advanced Search ... is markedly easier to read than Google results ... which, makes them, by far, my first choice.

However, the Advanced Search would be substantially easier if Only Search in Titles was the default choice.

And the Advanced Search would be even easier if it wasn't necessary to then scroll down to reach the Search button that's off the bottom of the screen.

I know these are little things.  But I search a dozen times a day ... so the annoyances of little things tend to accumulate.

I'm not complaining or anything, I actually do like to help people in the forums because I learn through the process also. But some of the simpler questions just make me cringe sometimes because literally 10 seconds spent using Google to search the forums would yield a relevant result.

Thanks JohnOne, I had a good laugh :), its always nice to point out irony.

Edited by mpower

A little old (and slightly outdated): '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

ah, the same old problem many of us who help others run into.

people do NOT search. They either do NOT understand what to search for, or want the answer simply put in front of them piping hot and ready to use.

If it were that easy.

You can lead a horse to water - but you can't make it drink. Think about that.