objcreate not working for me

stev379

I've tried just using the script examples from the help file and get errors like the one below on all of them. Is there something I need to adjust on my PC maybe in order for these to function properly? I'm on XP Pro and don't have any trouble running similar VBscripts. Other AutoIT scripts work fine. ;)

ERROR

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\Examples\Helpfile\ObjEvent.au3 (1) : ==> Unknown function name.:

$oIE=ObjCreate("InternetExplorer.Application.1") ; Create Internet Explorer application

$oIE=^ ERROR

I've tried just using the script examples from the help file and get errors like the one below on all of them. Is there something I need to adjust on my PC maybe in order for these to function properly? I'm on XP Pro and don't have any trouble running similar VBscripts. Other AutoIT scripts work fine. ;)

ERROR

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\Examples\Helpfile\ObjEvent.au3 (1) : ==> Unknown function name.:

$oIE=ObjCreate("InternetExplorer.Application.1") ; Create Internet Explorer application

$oIE=^ ERROR

Are you using the Beta version to run them or accidently using the release version.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

I haven't compiled it yet....er...uh...thinking...gears turning...should I have uninstalled AutoIT before I installed the beta?

No you do not have to uninstall the release version. If you use SciTe to do your scripting you just need to use "ALT F5" to beta run a script.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

No you do not have to uninstall the release version. If you use SciTe to do your scripting you just need to use "ALT F5" to beta run a script.

You are correct sir! ALT F5 does do the trick.

I thank you again.

The AutoIT samples work fine now.

I still can't get my original project to work yet, but I'll play with that some before I ask for more help.

Thanks!!!