SimpleSpy fine under XP but not Windows 7 x64

Go to solution Solved by souldjer777,

Good Morning All,

:ILA:

I'm using the latest UIA_V0_51 on XP and Windows 7 x64. I'm able to see focus, elements and all options under Windows XP for SimpleSpy - but not on Windows 7 x64. With Windows 7 x64 all I can focus on is the window frame. Very odd.   :think:  I've tried running simplespy "#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n" and the app under x32 on the Windows 7 x64 device. Please let me know what I am doing wrong. I believe this is a simple thing I am overlooking... Thank you AutoIT Gurus!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

Thanks

:cheer:

"Maybe I'm on a road that ain't been paved yet. And maybe I see a sign that ain't been made yet"
Song Title: I guess you could say
Artist: Middle Class Rut

• Solution

Thank you junkew - YOU ARE THE MAN BY THE WAY!!!

I figured out what was wrong, I had to run simplespy with "#RequireAdmin" - I tell ya, some Windows security features can really fowl up applications. All good now, I can focus on everything! Thank you for making the application junkew!

I was really driving myself crazy on this one and I apologize for wasting anyone's time.

Edited by souldjer777

"Maybe I'm on a road that ain't been paved yet. And maybe I see a sign that ain't been made yet"
Song Title: I guess you could say
Artist: Middle Class Rut

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By RTFC
      Please answer me these questions three, ere the other side you see:
      Are you running a 64-bit machine with a 64-bit Windows operating system? Can your AutoIt scripts cope with having directive #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=Y, and thus @AutoItX64=True? Are you sick and tired of seeing this error message?
      If you (like me) answered "YES" to all three questions, then the _HighMem library may ease your pain (the name commemorates a useful utility from the days when CPUs were still steam-powered). Forget about pathetic boot switches /3GB and /userva; in a full-fledged 64-bit environment, _HighMem can pre-allocate all available physical/virtual RAM you've got (or any smaller size you need), and manage individual allocations therein with four simple functions:
      _HighMem_StartUp( $nSize, $sUnit="GB" ) ; parse size of total region to pre-allocate, e.g. (10,"GB") _HighMem_Allocate( $nSize, $sUnit="B" ) ; returns $pOffset (new allocation's base address) _HighMem_Release( $pOffset ) ; existing allocations are identified by their offset (base address) _HighMem_CleanUp() ; close handles, release all pre-allocated memory Of course, existing AutoIt limitations remain in force (e.g., DllstructCreate() is still limited to 2 GB per call), but the maximum of 2-4 GB of virtual memory per Windows process can (under the right circumstances, in the proper environment) be circumvented. However, this is the first beta release, so glitches are likely, and performance may vary. In fact, it may not work at all for you (if you're running 32-bit, for example). And since this involves your own hardware, it's unlikely I would be able to reproduce your issues in my own work environment. Nevertheless, if you find obvious bugs or mistakes in the code, please do post. And if it works for you, that's also good to hear. My own motivation for developing it was to supercharge my matrix computing environment (Eigen4AutoIt), so it can handle matrices of any size that fit in machine RAM.
      The attached zip contains the library itself (HighMem.au3) and two test examples. HighMem_Test1 performs a dry run stress test of the allocation management system; it does not actually do any memory I/O. By contrast, HighMem_Test2 pre-allocates a 6 GB space, stores 3 x 2GB structs there, performs some basic I/O, and releases the allocations one by one. Obviously, for this to work you'll need at least that much free RAM to begin with (check with Task Manager -> Performance -> Memory if you're unsure). My own test environment has 16 GB of physical RAM, and runs W10Pro/64.
      EDIT: minor edits added to improve user experience (many more status messages if $_HighMem_Verbose=True)
      HighMem.v0.85.7z
      EDIT: from beta version 0.9, HighMem supports shared memory, including mutex negotiation.

HighMemv0.9.2.7z
    • By ythong
      I have tried to combine several PropertyConditions with CreateAndConditionFromArray without success. According to Microsoft's api instructions, SafeArray needs to be used, and I don't understand how to use it. Can someone give an example of using CreateAndConditionFromArray?
    • By mLipok
      I have a project in mind that I would like to share.
      I would like to create example windows with standard elements like ComboBox, ListView, some Button, some text, some edit field.

Nothing special just simple Window.Net form that can be created with this following UDF:
      or this one:

The main idea is to easily provide possible modifications to the "Testing GUI Window", and no need for any other tool than the AutoIt + SciTE kit.

Such "Testing GUI Window" will be very useful later on topic/threads/projects like:

As I am not very familiar with NetFramework, I would like to ask for help with this project.
      Thanks in advance for any help.
      @mLipok

• By ahmet
      Hi,

I am trying to catch closing of a window via the UIA. End goal is to detect closing of a Chrome's tab, but currently I am having issues with the window created with GUICreate.
      I have modified example from UI Automation Events .
      I added GUI to show issues. Inside this GUI AutomationEventHandler is attached to all buttons. There are two buttons created by the script. One displays the message while the other closes the GUI.
      There are also buttons from the title bar. I attached automation event handlers to those buttons too.
      Currently script notifies me if I click on "OK" button. If I click on any of "Close", "X" or "Minimize" button then I do not get any notification.
      Is it possible for the script to notify when any of the buttons mentioned above is clicked?
      #include "..\Includes\UIAEH_AutomationEventHandler.au3" $hMain=GUICreate("UI Automation Event Handler") $idButtonOK=GUICtrlCreateButton("OK",10,10) $idButtonClose=GUICtrlCreateButton("Close",70,10) $idOutput=GUICtrlCreateEdit("",10,35,300,300) GUISetState() UIAEH_AutomationEventHandlerCreate() If Not IsObj( $oUIAEH_AutomationEventHandler ) Then Exit ConsoleWrite( "$oUIAEH_AutomationEventHandler ERR" & @CRLF ) ConsoleWrite( "$oUIAEH_AutomationEventHandler OK" & @CRLF ) Local $oUIAutomation = ObjCreateInterface($sCLSID_CUIAutomation, $sIID_IUIAutomation, $dtag_IUIAutomation) ;~ Local $oUIAutomation = ObjCreateInterface( $sCLSID_CUIAutomation8, $sIID_IUIAutomation6, $dtag_IUIAutomation6 ) If Not IsObj($oUIAutomation) Then Exit ConsoleWrite("$oUIAutomation ERR" & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("$oUIAutomation OK" & @CRLF) Local $pIUIAutomationCacheRequest, $oIUIAutomationCacheRequest $oUIAutomation.CreateCacheRequest( $pIUIAutomationCacheRequest ) $oIUIAutomationCacheRequest = ObjCreateInterface( $pIUIAutomationCacheRequest, $sIID_IUIAutomationCacheRequest, $dtag_IUIAutomationCacheRequest ) If Not IsObj( $oIUIAutomationCacheRequest ) Then Exit ConsoleWrite("$oIUIAutomationCacheRequest Error" & @CRLF) If $oIUIAutomationCacheRequest.AddPattern($UIA_InvokePatternId) Then Exit ConsoleWrite("$oIUIAutomationCacheRequest.AddPattern Error" & @CRLF) If $oIUIAutomationCacheRequest.put_AutomationElementMode( $AutomationElementMode_Full) Then Exit ConsoleWrite("$oIUIAutomationCacheRequest.put_AutomationElementMode Error" & @CRLF) ;~ $pIUIAutomationCacheRequest=0 ConsoleWrite("--- Find window/control ---" & @CRLF) Local $pPane1, $oGUI $oUIAutomation.ElementFromHandle($hMain,$pPane1) $oGUI = ObjCreateInterface($pPane1, $sIID_IUIAutomationElement, $dtag_IUIAutomationElement) If Not IsObj($oGUI) Then Exit ConsoleWrite("$oGUI ERR" & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("$oGUI OK" & @CRLF) Local $sNamePropperty, $sClassName1 $oGUI.GetCurrentPropertyValue($UIA_NamePropertyId, $sNamePropperty) ConsoleWrite("Name:" & $sNamePropperty & @CRLF) $oGUI.GetCurrentPropertyValue($UIA_ClassNamePropertyId, $sClassName1) ConsoleWrite("ClassName:" & $sClassName1 & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("--- Find buttons ---" & @CRLF) Local $pCondition0 $oUIAutomation.CreatePropertyCondition($UIA_ControlTypePropertyId, $UIA_ButtonControlTypeId, $pCondition0) If Not $pCondition0 Then Exit ConsoleWrite("$pCondition0 ERR" & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("$pCondition0 OK" & @CRLF) Local $pButtons, $oButton $oGUI.FindAll($TreeScope_Descendants, $pCondition0, $pButtons) ConsoleWrite("$oGUI FindAll()" & @CRLF) Local $oUIElementArray1, $iLength1 ; $pButtons is a pointer to an UI Automation element array $oUIElementArray1 = ObjCreateInterface($pButtons, $sIID_IUIAutomationElementArray, $dtag_IUIAutomationElementArray) $oUIElementArray1.Length($iLength1) If Not $iLength1 Then Exit ConsoleWrite("$iLength1 = 0 ERR" & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("$iLength1 = " & $iLength1 & @CRLF) ; --- Code Snippets --- ConsoleWrite("--- Code Snippets ---" & @CRLF) Local $pElement1, $oElement1, $pCondition0 Local $sClassName1, $sLocalizedControlType1, $sName1, $hNativeWindowHandle1, $iError For $i = 0 To $iLength1 - 1 $oUIElementArray1.GetElement($i, $pElement1) $oElement1 = ObjCreateInterface($pElement1, $sIID_IUIAutomationElement, $dtag_IUIAutomationElement) $oElement1.GetCurrentPropertyValue($UIA_NamePropertyId, $sName1) ConsoleWrite("$sName1 = " & $sName1 & @CRLF) ;~ $iError = $oUIAutomation.AddAutomationEventHandler( $UIA_Invoke_InvokedEventId, $pElement1, $TreeScope_Children, 0, $oUIAEH_AutomationEventHandler ) ;~ $iError = $oUIAutomation.AddAutomationEventHandler( $UIA_Invoke_InvokedEventId, $pElement1, $TreeScope_Element, 0, $oUIAEH_AutomationEventHandler ) $iError = $oUIAutomation.AddAutomationEventHandler( $UIA_Invoke_InvokedEventId, $pElement1, $TreeScope_Element, $pIUIAutomationCacheRequest, $oUIAEH_AutomationEventHandler ) If $iError Then Exit ConsoleWrite( "AddAutomationEventHandler() ERR" & @CRLF ) ConsoleWrite( "AddAutomationEventHandler() OK" & @CRLF ) Next While Sleep(10) Switch GUIGetMsg() Case -3, $idButtonClose GUIDelete($hMain) MsgBox(0,"About to exit","") Quit() Case $idButtonOK GUICtrlSetData($idOutput,"You clicked on button" & @CRLF,"a") EndSwitch WEnd Func Quit() UIAEH_AutomationEventHandlerDelete() Exit EndFunc ; This is the function that receives events Func UIAEH_AutomationEventHandler_HandleAutomationEvent( $pSelf, $pSender, $iEventId ) ; Ret: long Par: ptr;int ConsoleWrite( @CRLF & "UIAEH_AutomationEventHandler_HandleAutomationEvent: $iEventId = " & $iEventId & @CRLF ) ;~ Local $oSender = ObjCreateInterface( $pSender, $sIID_IUIAutomationElement, $dtag_IUIAutomationElement ) ; Windows 7 ;Local $oSender = ObjCreateInterface( $pSender, $sIID_IUIAutomationElement2, $dtag_IUIAutomationElement2 ) ; Windows 8 ;Local $oSender = ObjCreateInterface( $pSender, $sIID_IUIAutomationElement3, $dtag_IUIAutomationElement3 ) ; Windows 8.1 ;Local $oSender = ObjCreateInterface( $pSender, $sIID_IUIAutomationElement4, $dtag_IUIAutomationElement4 ) ; Windows 10 First Local $oSender = ObjCreateInterface( $pSender, $sIID_IUIAutomationElement9, $dtag_IUIAutomationElement9 ) ; Windows 10 Last $oSender.AddRef() GUICtrlSetData($idOutput,"InvokedEvent:" & UIAEH_GetCurrentPropertyValue( $oSender, $UIA_NamePropertyId ) & @CRLF,"a") ConsoleWrite( "Title = " & UIAEH_GetCurrentPropertyValue( $oSender, $UIA_NamePropertyId ) & @CRLF & _ "Class = " & UIAEH_GetCurrentPropertyValue( $oSender, $UIA_ClassNamePropertyId ) & @CRLF & _ "Ctrl type = " & UIAEH_GetCurrentPropertyValue( $oSender, $UIA_ControlTypePropertyId ) & @CRLF & _ "Ctrl name = " & UIAEH_GetCurrentPropertyValue( $oSender, $UIA_LocalizedControlTypePropertyId ) & @CRLF & _ "Handle = " & "0x" & Hex( UIAEH_GetCurrentPropertyValue( $oSender, $UIA_NativeWindowHandlePropertyId ) ) & @CRLF & _ "Value = " & UIAEH_GetCurrentPropertyValue( $oSender, $UIA_ValueValuePropertyId ) & @CRLF ) MsgBox(0,"","Invoke event") Return 0x00000000 ; $S_OK #forceref $pSelf EndFunc ; Auxiliary function (for simple properties only) ; There must be only one instance of this function Func UIAEH_GetCurrentPropertyValue( $oSender, $iPropertyId ) Local $vPropertyValue $oSender.GetCurrentPropertyValue( $iPropertyId, $vPropertyValue ) Return $vPropertyValue EndFunc  
    • By SWSSSM
      Hi there,
      maybe someone can help me.
      If automated a script that should xcopy from various paths (all within C:\*\...) to a external Disk (HDD). (Backup data of users who get new pcs win10)
      I tried it several times with windows 10 home/pro any clients and never got any failure. (after the testing was done)
      But when i tried to run it shortly ago on a windows 7  pro x64 client, the script started (as i saw in taskmanagr.exe) but i didn't performed any of the actions when i came down to the xcopy part.
      (in the systemtray, it showd the scipt to start, but it was marked as "paused" and i couldn't stop this. No plan why)
       i inserted/attached the script down here.
      Does anyone know why? any ideas?backup-scrp.au3
      PS:  the tray debug line just added by today (i re-try it tomorrow when i've set up another win7 client to test with)
      PPS: i know my coding-style isn't very optimized