Need help with winwaitactive

Go to solution Solved by water,

Hi this is my first time asking for help, I usually find a solution online but this one has stumped me. I am working with a business retail software and I have noticed a very annoying feature with the software, it doesn't matter what window or tab I am on the hidden text is almost always the same because the more tabs I visit the number of hidden text items grow, which pretty much eliminates the usefulness of the text portion of winwaitactive("title", "text"). Is there a way that I can use only the visible text in identifying a window/tab? The reason I need this to work is because I have a while loop that is intended to only activate the hotkeys on the final page of the software.

While 1
  WinWaitActive("Retail Merchant","") ;no text here because the software in open
    While WinWaitActive("Retail Merchant","visible text")
    Call("_HotKeys")
    Sleep(200)
  WEnd
  Sleep(200)
WEnd

Or is there any other way of identifying a page with a unique value that doesn't change upon reloading the system or software?

Thank you

WinGetHandle() will return the internal handle of a window.

Edited by Realm

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

Because the hot keys are active the moment the receipt page is visited, which has a hidden text value of TenderPage but it is not listed under visible text until the final receipt page is visited. This is the text I used on the second while command and the loop activates early.

• Solution

Is there a way that I can use only the visible text in identifying a window/tab?

Use

Opt("WinDetectHiddenText", 0)

to specify that hidden window text can not be "seen" by the window matching functions.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

What do you mean by 'tab'.

Output the AutoIT window info tool, while focused on your tab.

If it truly is a tab, you can use the _GuiCtrlTab_* functions to see which one is active, and move the correct tab as required...example:

_GUICtrlTab_GetCurSel ; returns the current tab's instance
_GUICtrlTab_GetItemText ; get the text of the return of the above call
Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

While 1
    WinWaitActive("Retail Merchant", "") ;no text here because the software in open
    If StringInStr(WinGetText("Retail Merchant"), "hidden Text") Then
        Beep(800, 100)
        _HotKeys()
        Sleep(200)
    EndIf
    Sleep(200)
WEnd

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Final Solution that worked 100%

Opt("WinDetectHiddenText", 0)

While 1
WinWaitActive("Retail Merchant", "Receipts") ;restricted to only run at the first page with receipt in the name
If WinActive("Retail Merchant", "TenderPage") Then
Call (_HotKeys)
Sleep(100)
Else
Call (_ClearHotKeys)
Sleep(100)
EndIf
Sleep(200)
WEnd

Thanks Water for the very helpful bit of code, a simple command. Of course this revealed that my coding was inherently flawed and I needed to adjust it before the hot keys became disabled upon leaving the final page.
Edited by Jonovision77

Glad you got it working :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki