Enterprise Password Management

• Moderators

I have a customer that has been using Citrix's Single Sign-On for a number of years, and has resisted my efforts to upgrade them to another product, even after learning it was EOL. This past weekend they did an upgrade to A.D., to 2012, which Citrix said would likely break the product (they were right!), so now they want to rush and find a replacement. I am curious if anyone has had experience with Enterprise-level tools. I'm not looking for open source or small desktop apps (keePass, etc.), I am looking for your Gartner magic quadrant, central management, preferrably web-based tools. I would be appreciative of any experiences anyone would like to share, good or bad. Below is a list I am looking at right now:

• LastPass Enterprise - Good price point ($18/user/year), but I have heard that it is very chatty
  • RoborForm Enterprise - Even Cheaper, but I am unfamiliar with it.
  • Imprivata - Expensive! Does everything, but very complex to configure and manage.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I know you do not look for KeePass but ...

We use KeePass as an enterprise wide password manager. We "connect" password files to store the passwords on department, team and activity level. The kdb files are stored on a network drive for easy access.

Not too complex to manage but secure and cheap.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi JLogan3o13,

We have been using Imprivata (which required deploying the Imprivata OneSign Agent to all of our PCs) for about a year or so. It's actually considered a pseudo-single sign-on solution. It is a pain and the wrong way to go about it, in our opinion (being heavily reliant on a client-side component, very hard to manage and use).

We have decided to replace Imprivata with Okta, which is supposed to be a true, full single sing-on solution (web-based, etc.). We will be implementing it this year.

• Moderators

Have you seen price points for Okta yet? It is what Gartner suggested, but I have heard it is pretty steep.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

The company I work for is fairly frugal and our IT organization is also frugal (maybe even more so). I was told that Imprivata was chosen during the previous evaluation of potential SSO solutions because it was less expensive. The imprivata solution has been a waste of time, money and effort - all across the board. My coworkers, who manage it and were trained on it by Imprivata - were not at all impressed with the training they received (they were also NOT impressed at all with the complexity and the lack of capabilities of the Imprivata solution).

This time around, our Director - who is very frugal (doesn't pay for a texting plan on his own cell phone) chose to go with Okta. My director is also a very good negotiator and has gotten us some very good deals from many IT-related suppliers. Since he told me that he couldn't tell me about our pricing because it is a negotiated rate, this tells me that he probably got us a pretty good rate compared to MSRP.

Please remove Imprivata from your list of options! I don't know enough about the other two solutions to be of any value to you. I can ask if either were part of our research or evaluation and why we chose not to go with them, if you desire.