What is the error in this code

Hi all.

I am trying to get some data from a SQLite database. But this code is not working. Please suggest where is the error. 

#include <Alert.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
#include <SQLite.au3>
#include <SQLite.dll.au3>

_SQLite_Startup()
Local $db = _SQLite_Open("E:\Autolt Works\SampleSQL.sql")
Local $out, $row, $col
Local $res = _SQLite_GetTable($db,"Select MEM_NAME from MEMBERS",$out, $row, $col)

If $res = $SQLITE_OK Then
    _ArrayDisplay($out)
Else
    Alert("No way")
EndIf

_SQLite_Close()
_SQLite_Shutdown()

And this is my database file.

post-89644-0-59578800-1427228316_thumb.j

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

But this code is not working.

That's a bit imprecise, isn't it?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

kcvinu, you have almost zero error checking in your script. Instead of asking others to do all your troubleshooting, why don't you put some in, and figure it out yourself?

You're checking the $SQLITE_OK, but not what type of error it throws if it isn't ok. I would suggest checking every step, from your open statement forward. At least figure out where the script is failing, then we can assist with the why.

Edit: Fixed horrible spelling

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hi 

JLogan3o13, I am very sad to say that help file doesn't contains any function that related to insert , select update from/into a database. All i found is the _SQLite_GetTable function. And i coded just like in the helpfile. 
Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

Hi Chimp, i have edited the code with ";". But the result is a msgbox "No way"

Spoiler

My Contributions

You're opening "E:Autolt WorksSampleSQL.sql" in your code but show a third-party manager using "D:Autolt WorksSampleSQL".

The semicolumn is indeed optionnal.

Edited by jchd

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Error msg is interesting. "No such table - MEMBERS"

Spoiler

My Contributions

jchd, I have read that, i can use this third party tool to create a SQLite database like we did in Access2007. So i have used this tool. But it doesn't have option to save the file as a database file. Instead, it saves just a file. So i have exported the file with a .sql extension. Please tell me that if there any better way to do this ?
Spoiler

My Contributions

This line says "E:AutoIt Works"

_SQLite_Open("E:\Autolt Works\SampleSQL.sql")

But your screenshot says "D:Aotoit Works"

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Hi 

BrewManNH, OMG.. that was such a big mistake from my side. But after i corrected it, i have got the same error result that there is no such table named MEMBERS
Spoiler

My Contributions

It's ok. I think i can't correct this by tonight. I think it is better to work with a text file instead of a database file. When there is nothing works fine, a text file can serve me. Or i should learn xml

Spoiler

My Contributions

You should be checking for error messages after every single _SQL_* function to see where the problem is. _SQLite_ErrMsg will help with that.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Hi 

BrewManNH, The error msg only shows that there is no such table named ' MEMBERS' . I am fed up. Now i am going to search for any youtube videos on how to work with SQLite and Autoit. 
Spoiler

My Contributions

I think the actual error is in the creation of the database. I have created it with thirdparty tool named "DB Browser for SQLite". I hate command line table creations. It is 2015. so everything should be in visual form.

Spoiler

My Contributions

This line says "E:AutoIt Works"

_SQLite_Open("E:\Autolt Works\SampleSQL.sql")

But your screenshot says "D:Aotoit Works"

Also, the code says Autolt and not AutoIt, the difference being that the first (the code) has a lowercase L as in Lima as its fifth character, and the second (the screenshot) has an i (which is correct, but of course has an o instead of an u).

It's neither Aotoit nor Autolt, and frankly I don't quite understand how someone with as much experience as kcvinu is still getting the name of the language wrong twice in two different ways in the same post... ?

Edited by SadBunny

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

Hi 

SadBunny, That's a big big mistake . I don't know how this happened. This shows my laziness. I need to take more care when coding. Anyhow the error msg is saying that "Library used incorrectly". And it won't give any databse handle.I just corrected all spelling mistakes. Thank you SadBunny.
Spoiler

My Contributions

And this is the code

post-89644-0-57593400-1427267127_thumb.j

Edited by kcvinu
Spoiler

My Contributions

Can you post a copy of your DB so that we can examine it? Or if not the actual DB another one that is constructed the same way?

Hi 

BrewManNH, this is my database. I have created it with SQLite Expert Personal.

AshtamiFund.rar

Spoiler

My Contributions