What is the error in this code

Can't understand anything from the error msg. Helfile doesn;t says about error 13. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

@JohnOne, I think it is better to check the errors by tomorrow. It's sleeptime now. 2.12 AM

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

See SQLite.au3 include content. If this an SQLite error code then it means that the destination volume is full and can't no more accept files to grow. That's unlikely in common setups.

Now copying a sqlite3.dll from some other source is unsafe. SQLite is the most widely used database engine ever created and you'll find sqlite DBs in FireFox, Adobe products, and countless others. Each of these software product may or do have their own customized version of sqlite.dll, whatever name they use. Some of these DLLs are highly customized with specific compile-time options and/or proprietary extensions so relying on them is dangerous.

You're making your own life way more difficult than it should be.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

@jchd, I did expect some text from help file like this.

Step 1 - Put your SQLite.au3 in include folder

Step 2 - Put Your SQLite.dll file in ------ folder

Step 3 - Use ------ function to insert into database

Step 4 - Use ------- function to select from database

Step 5 - Use ------ function to update an existing database.

Edit - And get your correct SQLite.dll file from --------------.com

Edited by kcvinu
Spoiler

My Contributions

kcvinu,

Step 1) this is meaningless: SQLite.au3 is part of the standard includes.

Step 2) the help file under _SQLite_Startup tells you that

Step 3 & 5) _SQLite_Exec is there for you

Step 4) _SQLite_GetTable, _SQLite_GetTable2d are your best friends

Your edit) As explained in the help, _SQLite_Startup uses the SQLite3.Dll.au3 standard include file to make sure that the required DLL will be there. If you're using SQLite routinely, you'd prefer to get it once from the repository, which you can easily find when looking inside SQLite3.Dll.au3 itself and store it in one of the folders where _SQLite_Startup will look (all listed in the help file).

AutoIt SQLite support is quite comparable to support of GDI+, WinAPI*, Office, VISA, COM, even basic Windows GUI functions and a lot of other features: it's essentially limited to a correct description of the prototypes of the functions offered, of their parameters and can often carry some remarks pertinent for use of these functions. It's in no way meant to be a central point for a formal description of the subsystem or product and it's unthinkable it could offer a tutorial about them. You definitely have to refer to outer space to find that.

In space, an EVA (Extra-Vehicular Activity) implies a lengthy, technical and exhausting protocol, whose any violation can reveal deadly. Likewise in IT, diving in formal descriptions and A to Z tutorial in any subsystem implies one takes some time to comprehend its architecture and many details which together make the subsystem or product work.

The only advantage of IT over EVA is that you don't risk your beloved ass if you make "Oooopsies": you re-read, scratch head some more time and try again. Life-support applications are the playground of seasonned developpers and highly specific development methods.

SQLite official documentation is very well written and covers each and every aspect you may need to use, up to features that 99.99% of people will never think they could exist.

OTOH there are countless sites which provide generic SQL tutorials, some of them dedicated to SQLite precisely. There are also good books about SQLite, my favorite being "Using SQLite" by Jay A. Kreibich, O'Reilly, e-book ISBN 978-0-596-52118-9. It covers much of what you need to know about actually using SQLite in common applications and even covers SQLite functions themselves, which you can see invoked in the standard AutoIt wrapper. Moreover, it offers a full chapter on data modelling and database design.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

@jchd,

Help file doesn't says about where is the SQLite.dll file. And it shows only the examples with memory databases. We are working with a normal hard drive located physical database. At this moment i am completely ignorant about where to download a SQLite.dll file and where to save it. My function is giving result after a 15 seconds delay. And you are telling that the help file contains information about this task. That means, where i can find a SQLite.dll and where it to be saved. OK. i will search through the helpfile. Nobody is telling me the answer. everybody points to helpfile. Then why this forum ? To point your finger to help file ?

Spoiler

My Contributions

• Moderators

kcvinu,

Help file doesn't says about where is the SQLite.dll file

From the _SQLite_Startup page in the Help file:

If #include <SQLite.dll.au3> is included the SQLite version is checked. If older, download will occur.

The downloaded file will be created in @SystemDir (may need #RequireAdmin).

If the creation is not successfull a temporary file will be created which will be destroyed when _SQLite_Shutdown() is called.

That sounds like a pretty comprehensive explanation to me. ;)

OK. i will search through the helpfile.

Sounds like a good plan. :)

Nobody is telling me the answer. everybody points to helpfile. Then why this forum ? To point your finger to help file ?

When it comes to information that is pretty obvious in the Help file then "RTFM" is a common response here. A little time spent searching in that file is always well-spent - and can help prevent a forum member from getting a reputation for posting unnecessary questions. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

What Melba23 says, plus, from the very same helpfile under _SQLite_Startup:

$iForceLocal

[optional]

1 = use a the defined DLL file. No version checking. Automatic "_x64.dll" in X64 mode.
0 = the DLL will be downloaded if not found in @ScriptDir, @SystemDir, @WindowsDir or @WorkingDir.
-1 = force download

Sorry but you seem to need glasses.

Edited by jchd

@jchd, As far as i know , SQLite.dll.au3 and SQLite.dll are different things. help file says about SQLite.dll.au3. And i am asking about SQLite.dll .Correct me if i am wrong.

Spoiler

My Contributions

@JohnOne, Thanks for the help but it is interesting to know the present state of my script. When i put the path of sqlite.dll, my script is giving an error. When i use SQLite_Startup() without any parameter everythingseems to be allright and the speed is improved to 1 second from 15 second.What i did is

1. put the sqlite.dll in script folder

2. put the sqlite.dll in database folder.

Edited by kcvinu
Spoiler

My Contributions

2. is pointless

pass the path to it, to SQLite_Open

JohnOne is meaning _SQLite_Startup

@jchd,  i have tested it with SQLite_Startup()

Spoiler

My Contributions

... and ?

@jchd,  As i said above, when i put the file path of dll, it didn't worked. But when i run without the parameter, all is went well.

Spoiler

My Contributions

@All members who have helped me, forgive me if i said any wrong words in this topic. It's all come from my frustration. Now things are clear. And i am planning to make a new topic in example script forum, about how to insert update select delete from/to a sqlite database so that other newbies won't get frustrated.But before that, i need to check out  how to update, insert a database.

Spoiler

My Contributions