Change public IP address

Is there a way to change my public IP address other than "use a robot to unplug my modem and plug it back again" or "change modem daily" or "contact my ISP daily" as i found with some research.

I can do it manually by logging in to my IP address. I have an option there where i can disconnect and connect back again. That does change my public IP address but even if i automate that, it wouldn't work on other connections.

So any other options?

Edited by AutID

Why would you want to change your public IP address?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Sounds like you have a ISP that does not hold a lease for your router/model so you get a new IP.

There is no way to "change" your public IP on your side its all driven by your provider, the one thing you can do from your side is look into proxy servers so that the first IP seen by is the proxy and not your public address.

Edit: Your Reason makes no sense, if people are on your "public ip" changing the IP will not fix it, you need to get them off your network.  Soon as your IP changes your router is going to NAT any/all traffic on the network to the new address including the "bad" traffic.

Change your SSID

Impliment MAC Filtering

Disable DHCP

Disable SSID Broadcast

Change your Wireless Security Protocol

Etc

Those are things for security, not changing your public IP. 

Edited by ViciousXUSMC

You need to control your modem (router) via SNMP/telnet/web and restart the connection...

Heroes, there is no such thing

One day I'll discover what IE.au3 has of special for so many users using it.
C'mon there's InetRead and WinHTTP, way better
happy.png

You need to control your modem (router) via SNMP/telnet/web and restart the connection...

Most providers will not issue you a new public IP immediately. Maybe if you wait a couple of hours before reconnecting...

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

Impliment MAC Filtering

Disable SSID Broadcast

Those are a false feeling of security

While its true turning off SSID Broadcast is not a real security measure, if the OP has random people jumping on his wireless its a great thing to do in a laymans environment, MAC Filtering however I strongly disagree.  If you only allow the MAC of your devices access and all other devices are cast out that is a very strong security measure.

Yes you can spoof a MAC but again thats not something the average person would know how to do and they would need to know the MAC to spoof its not exactly easy to guess a 48bit address so you have to sniff it, if you have good encryption going on they cant sniff it to begin with so it makes brute force cracking a good encryption harder.

By any logic you could say none of those are "security" since all of them can be cracked/broken, but they work like an onion and each layer bolsters the one before and after it creating a more secure network, and by that they are all security methods and all valid suggestions.

Can you do what you want, manually from your computer keyboard and mouse?

Yes on my computer. But that wouldn't work on an other computer with another connection.

It is not about high security. Noone is trying to hack me. Sometimes my wife watches livestreams and i get some ads that spot my public IP address and then they send me ads. I discovered that as soon as i renew my public IP they stop sending me ads.

Sometimes my wife watches livestreams and i get some ads that spot my public IP address and then they send me ads.

Divorce.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Is there any difference?

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

AdBlock is awesome, don't leave home without it.

My only other two wild ideas are.

1.) Automate entering your routers config page (say 192.168.1.1) and making a change in the settings that would trigger the reset of your address, be that a reboot, changing from dhcp to static ip for the WAN side, etc.

2.) Get a WeMo switch that can phisically turn off/on the power to the device.  I integrated my WeMo switches to Autoit by first interfacing it to IFTTT so that an email can turn them off/on and then I setup an autoit GUI that has buttons that generate those emails.  So I have a GUI to turn off/on things in my house.  Its not as clean as I wanted but it works. 

• 2 years later...
On 3/25/2015 at 7:38 PM, ViciousXUSMC said:

While its true turning off SSID Broadcast is not a real security measure, if the OP has random people jumping on his wireless its a great thing to do in a laymans environment, MAC Filtering however I strongly disagree.  If you only allow the MAC of your devices access and all other devices are cast out that is a very strong security measure.

Yes you can spoof a MAC but again thats not something the average person would know how to do and they would need to know the MAC to spoof its not exactly easy to guess a 48bit address so you have to sniff it, if you have good encryption going on they cant sniff it to begin with so it makes brute force cracking a good encryption harder.

By any logic you could say none of those are "security" since all of them can be cracked/broken, but they work like an onion and each layer bolsters the one before and after it creating a more secure network, and by that they are all security methods and all valid suggestions.

Is there a way to turn off ssid broadcast with autoit script

@AutID,

I have this topic opened few days ago and Chimps linked my to this example and this one and when trying to test the sample codes, it pop-up stating do I want to change my IP with new IP, and when I click "OK" my IP was changed to a new IP (that's MultiPing.au3 from Chimps). Even Chimps doesn't know that code can change public IP address.^_^ Here's my topic.

I'm not saying you try it (well it's up to you if you want), but what I want you to see is to check the code and see if you can get some idea.:D

Programming is "To make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies" or "To make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies" by C.A.R. Hoare.