recursion level has been exceeded?

Go to solution Solved by crashas,

... how to get help here?

Simply post a VALID question ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

knuxfighter,

New members are limited in what they can do on the forum until you reach 5 posts. That's to slow down spammers a bit ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

tried to make it valid but someone didn't even care to understand the point of it, all that is not allowed trying to deal my self but it looks that some likes that people go around instead of keeping it short and going right to the point. in other words hide truth instead of being honest. the example that i posted could be used many ways but got deleted. so now there's no way to get any additional info.

I think the forum rules are pretty clear:

"Do not ask for help with ... or start discussion ... on ... launching, automation or script interaction with games or game servers, regardless of the game."

Means: Do not even think of it! :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

hope not everything is learned that way. coz it doesn't feel right. anyways will try to ask differently, even if its already against the rules from the very beginning of this topic. So point is i have function that i want to keep running without any return, only if/then/else nonstop cycle. Example: mail notification in form of sound coz when new mail comes theres basicly only visual notice, that's why using pixelsearch. Every time i run it, cant remember exact amount of cycles  but its close to 4000, script closes how to prevent it?

Edited by crashas

• Moderators

crashas,

i have function that i want to keep running without any return

And therein lies the problem. Reading the Recursion tutorial in the Wiki will explain what is happening and how you might prevent it. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

honestly tried understanding, read every single line few times, tested examples. but ended with even more confusion. maybe its coz of that return value thing. but then if its only way i can't find way or spot where to and how to use that return. ether way i don't need it for now, or at least i think so. also one more thing is there any sound notification in this forum if some one replied. if no then that's another example where that one gets useful. hope this kinda examples are ok. cant think any better way to learn something then doing it on so called daily stuff,tasks or activities.

Edited by crashas

• Moderators

crashas,

If you want to get help here, I would strongly suggest that you do not write in your current "e e cummings" style and use some uppercase letters and perhaps insert a paragraph or two. At the moment it is very hard to read and many will simply skip over it completely. ;)

The recursion error you are suffering is caused by continually calling the same function from within itself. Look at your script and see if you can spot where this happens - adding a counter which you display as a function is entered is a good idea. Once you have identified the recursive loop, it is usually easy to work out how to avoid it. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Solution

crashas,

If you want to get help here, I would strongly suggest that you do not write in your current "e e cummings" style and use some uppercase letters and perhaps insert a paragraph or two. At the moment it is very hard to read and many will simply skip over it completely. ;)

The recursion error you are suffering is caused by continually calling the same function from within itself. Look at your script and see if you can spot where this happens - adding a counter which you display as a function is entered is a good idea. Once you have identified the recursive loop, it is usually easy to work out how to avoid it. :)

M23

Looks like from all of this managed to learn one thing, and that's  "e e cummings  :graduated:. As for my self probably need to return to basics. Thanx