Solution Unable to open the script file...?

• Developers
1 hour ago, Dana said:

Still better than almost never working from SciTE.

I don't understand this remark as SciTE is simply shelling AutoIt3Wrapper like you are doing in the above post?
Where is the difference in your opinion?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I have no idea.  All I know is that when I try to compile it from SciTE, I can try it dozens of times without getting a successful compile.  Running aut2exe from the command line, it usually takes only a few tries.  Using the above script, the most I've seen was four tries.  But even if it took several dozen tries, at least the looping script means I don't have to keep clicking for each retry.

Perhaps something in the timing of the way SciTE saves the file before compiling, or the compiler directives it adds to the beginning of the script?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2016 at 6:53 PM, Jos said:

I would say it is pretty mild with an open invitation

Yes it is pretty mild but it wasn't your invitation that got me in a bad mood, it was your action (closing my report immediately without a leading discussion). In other words: It would be nice to set an error report to "checking...." and discuss about it before simply closing it because a single person thinks it is no error. I did go to a little effort writing the error report and felt like this effort was tossed in the trash right away.

Further on back to topic:

In our company we updated to Trend Micro Office Scan 11.0.4205 and the problem persisted. I asked some IT-Service Guy here in my department what I could do and he switched my Trend Micro Client to another mode, so that now there are several Trend Micro Services that are no longer active on my PC (as seen in the TM OS Agent Console lower right corner icon)

- Behaviour Monitoring

- Device Control

- Smart Scan

After disabling this 3 TM Services the problem went away :-) My IT Guy urged me to do a full manual scan every week so I can live with that workaround.

Edit: Another user in this thread stated that an exclusion to "Behaviour Monitoring" would also solve the problem. My findings point to the same direction, maybe Behaviour Monitoring it the source of the problem.

As mentioned further up in the thread we in our company use Syncplicity (cloud storage like dropbox), but this has nothing to do with it. I unloaded Syncplicity Application on my second computer (with virus scanner still in the original configuration) and the problem persists while Syncplicity doesn't do anything bad on my main computer with partially disabled virus scanner.

Edited by TwoBeSeen
clarification

• Developers

A BugTracker isn't a place to have a dialog hence the invitation and the closure, and honestly have no clue why that would ever need to cause an emotional reaction. 
Maybe breading a couple of time before making conclusions and trying to view things "from the other side" would help you in future? ;) ( and please don't take this too personal and consider this a free piece of general advice from an Old-Fart)

I am glad that your conclusion concurs with my initial conclusion and that you found the cause. :) 

Jos 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 3 months later...

ISSUE SOLVED

Hey guys I created an account to post this and maybe save some people some headaches in the future....

McAfee Endpoint Security was my issue.

Once I got this disabled I was able to compile my script (on my local machine which had the McAfee Endpoint Security) and it would work again.

Clarification: I was able to compile my scripts with McAfee Endpoint Security Enabled, but it was as though it was striping out core pieces of the executable.

We just got changed over to McAfee Endpoint Security this week and sure enough this is the first time I've ever encountered this issue in my years of using AutoIT.

As soon as I disabled the software I was able to see my compiled scripts were now larger in size (as compared to when I was compiling them with McAfee Endpoint Security Enabled and this gave me hope) and sure enough they are back to working order now!

I hope this finds the community well.

• Developers

Just a question: Did excluding the directory %localappdata%\AutoIt v3\Aut2Exe not work for you?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jos,

Per your question I did some testing...

The path exclusion that worked was not "%localappdata%\AutoIt v3\Aut2Exe\" but instead "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\"

I had to add this exclusion path under the "Process Settings" portion of the software

• Developers

Ok, so it is about the executable being influenced, not the temp file being processed.
Thanks for the feedback!

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.