Problems compiling autoit

golfjrr

I get unable to create compiled archive every time I try and compile any autoit scrips. I can still run the .au3 scripts. I tried uninstalling/installing autoit again. I'm at a loss.

I was running avg anti virus and it kept flagging certain .exe programs that I had compiled with autoit as viruses which seems to be about when the problem started. It was moving them to a virus vault. I couldn't figure out how to keep it from doing this.

But at any rate. I just deleted them, and tried to recompile the scripts and get the above error. Any ideas?

If I try it through SciTE it brings up the aut2exe window etc. I click compile, the status bar gets most of the way across and up pops an error dialog box. Error: Unable to create the compiled acrhive.

Oh yea I totally exited the avg anti virus program before trying to compile etc just to see if that might have been causing a problem.

Any ideas?

Edited by golfjrr

Do the AutoItSC.bin and UPX.exe files exist in the Aut2EXE subfolder of your AutoIt installation? AVG may have 'quarantined' one of these files perhaps.

Those files seem to be in order.

Strange is if I reinstall an old install file I had floating around (autoit-v3.0.102.exe), then compile works again fine. If I try and install what is on the web site (autoit-v3-setup.exe), it doesn't let me compile.

I just got through the same problem with AVG. Using the release version of AutoIT to compile a script causes AVG to consider the compiled script a trojan. You should download the latest beta release of AutoIT and use that to compile your script. That's what I did and now AVG has no problems with it.

-DRX

I just got through the same problem with AVG. Using the release version of AutoIT to compile a script causes AVG to consider the compiled script a trojan. You should download the latest beta release of AutoIT and use that to compile your script. That's what I did and now AVG has no problems with it.

That seemed to solve the compile problem Now my scripts don't run.

I keep getting Error: Can not redeclare a parameter inside a user function.

Is there a list/document of what changed in the latest beta version. Whatever I'm doing is obviously different from previous versions in some way.

• Developers

That seemed to solve the compile problem Now my scripts don't run.

I keep getting Error: Can not redeclare a parameter inside a user function.

Is there a list/document of what changed in the latest beta version. Whatever I'm doing is obviously different from previous versions in some way.

You shouldn't re-declare a parameter so you want to fix you code.

Example of a wrong re-declare :

Func MyFunc($MyParam)
    Dim $MyParam = 1
    Return $MyParam
EndFunc

Should be:

Func MyFunc($MyParam)
    $MyParam = 1
    Return $MyParam
EndFunc

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

You shouldn't re-declare a parameter so you want to fix you code.

Example of a wrong re-declare :

Func MyFunc($MyParam)
    Dim $MyParam = 1
    Return $MyParam
EndFunc

Should be:

Func MyFunc($MyParam)
    $MyParam = 1
    Return $MyParam
EndFunc
Yea I basically figured that out. Apparently the previous versions didn't care about that, but I was sloppy I guess since it let me get away with it before.

I'm more wondering if there is a document or something that details the changes from the last release to the beta.

• Developers

Yea I basically figured that out. Apparently the previous versions didn't care about that, but I was sloppy I guess since it let me get away with it before.

I'm more wondering if there is a document or something that details the changes from the last release to the beta.

Open BETA helpfile and select: AutoIt/History / Changelog ..... ;)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 2 weeks later...

i have a realy strange problem, if i compile my script witout icon the virus scanners don't react, but if i compile it with icon McAfee 8.0 reacts and deletes it.

can someone help ???

PS.: autoit version 3.1.1.84 also tested with 3.1.1.80

Edited by JRSmile
$a=StringSplit("547275737420796F757220546563686E6F6C75737421","")
For $b=1 To UBound($a)+(-1*-1*-1)step(2^4/8);&$b+=1*2/40*µ&Asc(4)
Assign("c",Eval("c")&Chr(Dec($a[$b]&$a[$b+1])));''Chr("a")&"HI"
Next ;time_U&r34d,ths,U-may=get$the&c.l.u.e;b3st-regards,JRSmile;
MsgBox(0x000000,"",Eval("c"));PiEs:d0nt+*b3.s4d.4ft3r.1st-try:-)