Debugging (debug mode = y doesn't start)

Hello forum users!

I ran into a little problem, and can't seem to solve it by my own.

I have the following lines in my script:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Debug_Mode = Y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Debug = On  

Yet when i run my script the console stays empty, I read the helpfile and the wiki, but couldn't find the solution.

I'm not sure, but I think I miss an include maybe? The annyoing thing is that i used this debug mode before, with great effectivnes, but now I can't make it to work.

Ps.: Bonus Question: Is there a step by step scriptrun mode in autoit? I recall reading it somewhere, but can't find it. It would be a very lovely addition to my basic debugging skills :)

Works fine for me...

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Debug_Mode = Y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Debug = On

$i = 1000
beep($i, 100)
>Running:(3.3.12.0):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3_x64.exe "F:\dev\_AutoIt\test14.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
!> Starting in DebugMode..
Line: @error-@extended: Line syntax
0001: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Debug_Mode = Y
0002: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Debug = On
0004: 0-0: $i = 1000
0005: 0-0: beep($i, 100)
+>20:27:03 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0

How are you running it exactly, directly from scite?

Don't think there's a step-by-step. Never looked for one either - I don't like them. IMHO, if the need exists to step through code, it's probably spaghetti-code in the first place ;) But to each his own.

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Developers

Hmm, in my script the Run_Debug is black (not red) which was strange, I remember that to be red. (i commented it out, and now when I wanted the use it i couldn't)

A graphical debugger tool would be nice, unfortunetly, the link doesn't seems to work in that thread

show me all SciTE console output to be able to check what is happening.

You do have the full SciTE4AutoIt3 installed with AutoIt3Wrapper....right?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Master Jos! (thank you for your time!)

>"C:Program FilesAutoIt3SciTE..autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "D:régi gép mentésDesktopAutomata TesztelésUD - uszi új BÉTAud_uszi 3.0.1 teszter.au3"    
>Exit code: 0    Time: 10.08

This is all the console I get back, I run it directly from scite from now, as SadBunny suggested. It crossed my mind, that I might miss a program, I donwloaded the full version as I recall, I don't know what else to show, so here is a picture of my autoit folder.

Thank you guys for the help!

post-88591-0-76720200-1428645866_thumb.p

• Developers

Install the separate installer for the full version of SciTE4AutoIt3 and you should be in business. ;)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for varifiying this master @Jos, I went on to download from the first link here. I ended up with a bit smaller file then It was implied beneath the download link. I also compered it to the file I think was used for my installation (I don't have the priviliges to install to my work station, have to ask the service desk to do it for me) and its the same size.

M'i trying to get what @Jos told me to download? or M'i wandering at the wrong place? I would like to have Tidy, and debugger and SciteConfig (to use UDFs) at least, but don't wannak told my colleges to download the wrong files so I just wanna be sure before sending my request to them.

Thank you!