Searh in a .ini

Clean

Hey,

I apologize in adavance for my poor english

Anyway im new on the forum, but i'm coding in Autoit since a bit of time, i needed a searching fuction in a .ini file and didn't find anything.

So i've coded this, i know this is a non optimized algorithme etc, but it can help some people someday.

; Search in a .ini file a specific string and return an array of section/key couple
; the [0][0] result's index is egal to the number of results
Func IniSearch($path,$value)
    Local $SectionNames = IniReadSectionNames($path)
    Local $Section, $Result
    Local $Return[1][2]
    $Return[0][0] = 0
    For $i = 1 To $SectionNames[0]
        $Section = IniReadSection($path,$SectionNames[$i])
        $Result = _ArraySearch($Section,$value,0,UBound($Section)-1,0,0,1,2)
        If $Result <> -1 Then
            ReDim $Return[UBound($Return)+1][2]
            $Return[0][0] += 1
            $Return[UBound($Return)-1][0] = $SectionNames[$i]
            $Return[UBound($Return)-1][1] = $Section[$Result][0]
        EndIf
    Next
    Return $Return
EndFunc

i'm sorry for posting it with my poor programming level, but this is this kind of things who makes you cry when you don't find how to do it

Clean

Edited by Clean

Hi Clean, welcome to the AutoIt forum

We all must start somewhere and thankyou for your contribution to the community.

However I believe you have unintentionally posted your work in the wrong forum.

I recommend posting here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/forum/9-example-scripts/

or respectfully request a moderator move this thread there. :)

Edited by Mobius

wtfpl-badge-1.png

with no udfs

$aTEST = _INI_Value_Search("desktop.ini" , "TESTVALUE1")

msgbox(0, '' , "Section: " & $aTest[0][0] & @CRLF & "Key: " & $aTest[0][1])

Func _INI_Value_Search($path , $value)
Local $aFile['']
Local $aOut[1][2]

$sFile = FileRead($path)
$aFile = StringSplit($sFile , @LF , 2)

For $i = ubound($aFile) - 1 to 0 step -1

If stringinstr($aFile[$i] , "=") = 0 Then ContinueLoop
    If StringStripWS(stringsplit($aFile[$i] , "=" , 2)[1] , 8) = $value Then

$aOut[0][1] = stringsplit($aFile[$i] , "=" , 2)[0]
            For $k = $i to 0 step - 1
                If stringleft($aFile[$k] , 1) = "[" then
                    $aOut[0][0] = stringtrimleft(stringtrimright(stringstripWS($aFile[$k] , 8) , 1) , 1)
                    return $aOut
                EndIf
            Next
    Endif
Next

EndFunc

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Yes,

But many things are optimizable in this code.

For exemple it doesn't support multi reports, list reports, etc

I gonna implement a list report because i need it.

Anyway the algorithm is "bad" (i.e. non optimized), when searching in big file it gonna take a looooonnng time i think :o

feel free to help/correct/give a better version/comment/etc :P

Edited by Clean

You use _ArraySearch, which uses the Array.au3 UDF.

boththose's script uses only native AutoIt functionality.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

yeah was thinking about the _arraysearch.

anyway i dont like using this kind of functions, using it for fast coding - i'll recode it :P
and thanks boththose for your contribution

Edited by Clean

Sure, you will have to adjust on mine a little If your values are not unique, and you want every key and section in which that value appears.  With #5 you will only get the last instance.

And there is no problem with UDFs, the time and size hits are generally negligible, that was merely for sport.  More showing that there are many ways to accomplish this when you just treat it like any other file with delimiters consisting of equal signs and brackets.

Plenty of UDFs sit atop the shoulders of other UDFs. Like boththose said, 

More showing that there are many ways to accomplish this 

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

More showing that there are many ways to accomplish this when you just treat it like any other file with delimiters consisting of equal signs and brackets.

Yep .ini files are just .txt file with a specific "architecture"

with no udfs

Local $aFile['']

This isn't correct.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

pretty simple but with a lists (or not), replace _ArraySearch with ArraySearchlist :

; list = "a,b,c,d,..."
Func ListSearch($string,$value)
    Local $List = StringSplit($string,",")
    If $List[0] == 0 Then Return False
    For $i = 1 To $List[0]
        If $List[$i] == $value Then Return True
    Next
    Return False
EndFunc

Func ArraySearchList($array,$value,$start=1,$stop=UBound($array)-1)
    For $i = $start To $stop
        If ListSearch($array[$i][1],$value) Then Return $i
    Next
    Return -1
EndFunc
Edited by Clean

really?  Is 0 the preferred way to declare a blank array?

#include <array.au3>

Local $aFile['']
_ArrayDisplay($aFile)

Clean,

Sorry to be picky, but there is no need for Local $String. I am also not confident with that UBound() in the parameter list, perhaps this is a job for the default keyword.

#include <Constants.au3>

Func ArraySearchList($aArray, $vValue, $iStart = Default, $iEnd = Default)
    Local $iLength = UBound($aArray)
    If $iLength > 0 And UBound($aArray, $UBOUND_COLUMNS) >= 2 Then ; If the array has elements and at least 2 columns
        If $iStart = Default Then $iStart = 0 ; If the default keyword then set to zero
        If $iEnd = Default Then $iEnd = $iLength - 1 ; If the default keyword then set to the length - 1
        For $i = $iStart To $iEnd ; Loop
            If ListSearch($aArray[$i][1], $vValue) Then Return $i
        Next
    EndIf
    Return -1
EndFunc   ;==>ArraySearchList

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

#include <array.au3>

Local $aFile['']
_ArrayDisplay($aFile)

i don't know the autoit's arcanes, but an int value should be better managed than a string (autoconverted values)

#include <array.au3>

Local $aFile['']
_ArrayDisplay($aFile)

An array should be declared with a integer, this is standard practice in all languages I know. What happens here is AutoIt is too kind that it translates "" to zero for you, but this is really bad practice to rely on the whole "" = 0 caveat. So a zero dimension array is Local $aArray[0]. Though in your example it's not needed as you can simple declare and intialise with the StringSplit return array instead i.e. less lines.

Edited by guinness

UDF List: