Location of language strings?

qwert

In looking into the way AutoIt3Wrapper inserts the language strings into the exe, I haven't been able to determine the source of the blocks of language strings ... IOW, the value of $InpResFile in the following snippet from the wrapper script:

Case 6 ; RT_STRING
            Local $aLangs = IniReadSectionNames($InpResFile)
            If @error Then
                Write_RC_Console_Msg("Resource Update skipped: string file did not contain valid input", "", "+")
                Return
            EndIf
            ; loop each language section
            Local $aStrings, $aBlocks, $aBlock
            Local $iBlock, $iIdx, $iID, $sStr, $iBlockIdx
            Local $iElem, $sStruct, $oStruct
            For $i = 1 To $aLangs[0]
                ; aLangs[i] = current language
                $aStrings = IniReadSection($InpResFile, $aLangs[$i])

Would anyone happen to know its whereabouts?

Thanks for any help.

$InpResFile is a parameter for the function _Res_Update, so it depends on where it's being called from. Search through the script to find the places in it that _Res_Update is called and you'll find what the value of it is.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Thanks for responding.

Actually, I had done something like that back when I figured it would be an easy thing to determine.  But the first and simplest of the calls was of no help:

;

; Call UpdateResource DllCalls to update the requested resource with the provided RES or ICO file.
;
Func _Res_Update($rh, $InpResFile, $RType, $RName, $RLanguage = 1033)

Other calls of _Res_Update() are even less definitive.  All in all, it's a rather convoluted environment inside AutoItWrapper.

I need to refine my request.

Can anyone tell me where the Au3 language files are located?

My goal is still to find the error messages, as I originally requested.  But another week of thinking about it and trying various searches hasn't turned up even a clue.  I've search properties files and configuration files in both Au3 and SciTE.  I'm now thinking they must be encoded in some way.

My refocus on the language files is a result of finding this code segment in AutoItWrapper.au3:

Case 6 ; RT_STRING
            Local $aLangs = IniReadSectionNames($InpResFile)
            If @error Then
                Write_RC_Console_Msg("Resource Update skipped: string file did not contain valid input", "", "+")
                Return
            EndIf
            ; loop each language section
            Local $aStrings, $aBlocks, $aBlock
            Local $iBlock, $iIdx, $iID, $sStr, $iBlockIdx
            Local $iElem, $sStruct, $oStruct
            For $i = 1 To $aLangs[0]
                ; aLangs[i] = current language
                $aStrings = IniReadSection($InpResFile, $aLangs[$i])
                If @error Then
                    Write_RC_Console_Msg("Resource Update skipped: language '" & $aLangs[$i] & "' is not valid", "", "+")
                    ContinueLoop
                EndIf
                ; reset block array
                Dim $aBlocks[1] = [0]

It refers to INI files for languages.  But I can't locate any such files.

For a seemingly simple thing, this has turned into an exasperating search.  Help will be appreciated.