how can i reach another autoit form?

vkrisz81

hello. is there is 2 program, prog 1 and prog 2, and prog1 makes a form where you can find elements like label, text, how can i point from prog2 to prog1 form label called "label1"?

as i saw autoit window info cant detect it's name, only it's id.

thats more than nothing but .. how can i change for example from prog2 the prog1 made form label1 background?

ty

Can you give us an example and/or what you are trying to automate? 

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

i can copy here my form but there is yet only 1 label.

and i want to reach from my other autoit program this label and for example change its background.. to communicate this 2 program by this form

simple form with a label. but i dont know what or how should i step first to reach from my other program this label.. and its parameters

WinGetHandle

I can interact with a program I made in AutoIt, with all the labels and buttons.

Can you maybe show us the program you are trying to interact with, and by that I mean maybe a small reproducer script that would have the same method of creation you used.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

here is the form, as i said very simple:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Form2 = GUICreate("Form2", 405, 294, 302, 218)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Label1", 64, 64, 180, 121)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 26, 800, 0, "Tahoma")
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x000000)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

this is form.au3

and i would like to reach this label1 from my form_handle.au3 program but.. i cant find out how can i ref to this while gui alive

i would like to change parameter like background of label field or caption parameter

There is a 1 hour time limit on bumping your own threads.

We all don't live on the forum. We have lives, thank you very much. :)

Instead of helping I responded to your message (you could say I was helping), and with that I'm off to work.  :graduated:

EDIT: By the way, There could be many other solutions to your problem, don't give up.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

i dont bump or what are you talking about, i just thought this should be a very simple problem like any trivial statement and i am only stupid that i could not find, not a compley question.. so i thought if there is no immediate trivial anbswer there will not be later neither (perfect english :D)

so live your live, i have too, this is why i cant wait for hours or days to answers, and this is why i ask only a few word answerr questions..

ty boss, as i can see i had right, there is no answer and there will not be answer.. :D

i really thought you pros (mvps, masters, programmers) will be a little bit more responsible for forum questions.. i think this was a really easy and short and stupid question for you pros, from me stupid kid, and there is no answer..

as you said, wonderful attitude.. ^^

anyway good luck for your next hard work

personally: i just visited your created udfs and programs, very usefulls! grat

but for me (and for others who cant get answer for their questions) what should do while they dont get the help for their very early questions and doubts.. i know you and other pros was born by holding books in their arms, i did not.. i sry it but i could not do it :D

so i can only ask from pros, but usually no answer..

so really thank you!

• Moderators

vkrisz81,

looking through this thread I see that the sole irritant within it has been yourself. You have made multiple bumps of your own thread (there is an "Edit" button on each post - look to the left of the "Quote buttons); decided that your question is so important that everyone must drop everything and respond to it, regardless of the fact that we are all volunteers and you have absolutely no right to any form of help at all; and finally thrown your toys out of the cot when you decided that no-one was going to answer, despite the fact that you have given almost no information about the 2 scripts between which you wish to share data. Basically you are the problem. :(

Now I suggest you do as Zedna has suggested and search for the many threads dealing with interprocess communication - my personal favourite is trancexx's "MailSlot". What you want to do is not difficult - if you had approached the thread with a different mindset you would probably have it all solved by now. So over to you to post in a more reasonable manner and no doubt get some help - or continue in your present vein and continue to get ignored. Your choice - please choose wisely. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area