Easy way to capture anything sent to a com port?

Hi,

i have an app that sends out some text to the com port (it drives a simple display installed at the com port).

I would like to caputure this output, so that i can show the text inside my autoit script.

Is there way to do this, maybe similar to StdoutRead or StderrRead ?

All ideas are welcome, thanks in advance!

• Moderators

Did you try a forum search? One of the first things that would have popped up would be the Serial/COM UDF in the Examples forum

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

yeah, i found a lot of udfs, but all of them are made to read input or write output...

I want to read what another program sends out...so i think i need to somehow "spy" on what is going on at the com port.

maybe this will work

http://sourceforge.net/projects/com0com/

with this i can create a virtual comport and redirect its output to the input of a second virtual port...from there i should be able to read the output with an udf...

ok, i tried com0com and it works just fine...only thing that is not so nice: you have to disable codesignung in win64 to use the com0com driver (this is normal for most free unsigned x64 drivers)...

I can live with that...

Now i only have to read a normal com port...i think i will be able to do this in autoit...we will see :-)