Mouse doesn't interact with window (send command either)

ss26

G'Day,

I needed to automate one of those 'problem' applications. I guess it is similar to that which is mentioned by OP >here (mouse doesn't work).

Even custom mouse functions by Zedna didn't help me. I was ready to give up on automating app with Autoit but then i found some kind of workaround on Stackoverflow - run Autoit script with admin privileges.

And that is a solution (it is strange because UAC is disabled here). Nevertheless, i wanted to underline possible solution with "mouse problems" and send key problems, too:

1. Run script as admin

2. Use Zedna's custom functions (for mouse events):

Try these my functions (instead of MouseClick/MouseMove):

Func _MouseClickFast($x, $y)
    $x = $x*65535/@DesktopWidth
    $y = $y*65535/@DesktopHeight

_WinAPI_Mouse_Event(BitOR($MOUSEEVENTF_ABSOLUTE, $MOUSEEVENTF_MOVE), $x, $y)
    _WinAPI_Mouse_Event(BitOR($MOUSEEVENTF_ABSOLUTE, $MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN), $x, $y)
    _WinAPI_Mouse_Event(BitOR($MOUSEEVENTF_ABSOLUTE, $MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTUP), $x, $y)
EndFunc

Func _MouseMoveFast($x, $y)
    $x = $x*65535/@DesktopWidth
    $y = $y*65535/@DesktopHeight

_WinAPI_Mouse_Event(BitOR($MOUSEEVENTF_ABSOLUTE, $MOUSEEVENTF_MOVE), $x, $y)
EndFunc

May be of some help for those who will struggle for days to make mouse or keyboard work in some applications.

PS: Thanks to Zedna for his custom mouse functions, without this code i was not able to make it work.

Edited by ss26

However, this is not the case here. App is launched without admin rights. But it cannot be controled by Autoit unless Autoit script is run with admin rights.

edit: In fact i just noticed Windows shield (sign of elevated priviliges) on app shortcut (despite shortcut is not configured to "run as admin"). Seems like JohnOne is right.

Edited by ss26