Vmware + autoit

there seems to be a blank space between 

ATL: SysTreeView32

but in the autoit info there's no blank space ???

yes, but don't work equally

WinActivate("VMware Workstation")
ControlSend("VMware Workstation", "", 10002, "CentOS")
Works on my VMWare, change the send to what keys your trying to use.

then to select that portion of the program do not have to put ATL: SysTreeView32 ... but just ("VMware Workstation") ?

it's possible to use au3recorder?

• Moderators

Can you please explain exactly what you're trying to do (launch a vm, revert to snapshot, etc.?)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I did a complet script to automate envelope creation with the envelope configuration if you want to use it at your own... i am gonna share later PM me

probably need some modification

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Can you please explain exactly what you're trying to do (launch a vm, revert to snapshot, etc.?)

for example: i want to open the 15th folder, select all machines, power on and open. Then, will close the program (or all tabs opened) and do the same with the others folders (1,2,3, ecc)

I think it is difficult, but I would to have some tips :P

WLazdHQ.jpg

Why don't you use the command line interface to do all of that?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I need to automate because too many computers to use

"Why don't you use the command line interface to do all of that" , to automate the vmware, no need to use the graphic interface to automate that, ...or do you ?

https://www.vmware.com/support/ws55/doc/ws_learning_cli_vmrun.html

C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation>vmrun list
Total running VMs: 1
G:\VMs\Xp Stock\XP Stock.vmx

use "vmrun /?" for more examples

Edited by argumentum

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

I need to automate because too many computers to use

What exactly do you mean by this? You have too many virtual machines to do this? That doesn't make a lot of sense. Using a string of Run commands that actually do what you want to do is a lot better than trying to get some ControlSends to hopefully work isn't it? After all, you can be assured that the VMWare's CLI is going to do what you're attempting where the Send/ControlSend might not, and will be easier.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

"Why don't you use the command line interface to do all of that" , to automate the vmware, no need to use the graphic interface to automate that, ...or do you ?

https://www.vmware.com/support/ws55/doc/ws_learning_cli_vmrun.html

C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation>vmrun list
Total running VMs: 1
G:\VMs\Xp Stock\XP Stock.vmx

use "vmrun /?" for more examples

it seems too complicated,  I would to use with autoit to fix for some problems

• Moderators

Using the command line, specifically designed to interact with the product, seems to be more complicated than manipulating the GUI?

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

It's less complicated than ControlSend to the interface, the commands are all laid out and explained, all you need to do is run them.

Using the command line, specifically designed to interact with the product, seems to be more complicated than manipulating the GUI?

It's less complicated than ControlSend to the interface, the commands are all laid out and explained, all you need to do is run them.

mmm ok

What should I type to start the folder number 1?

LO6q9bn.jpg

mmm ok

What should I type to start the folder number 1?

Maybe you should read the link that was posted earlier perhaps?

start

Start a virtual machine or team. [Path to .vmx file (virtual machine)]  or [Path to .vmtm file (team)]

Maybe you should read the link that was posted earlier perhaps?

I read...but I have no virtual machines structured in team.

they are in multiple folder

folder1 has others 20 sub folders

folder2, the same, etc