Application with identical title and no visible text

Hello!

Total Autoit beginner here, but I'd appreciate some help. I'm trying to automate the installation of an application (SMART Notebook 2014) using Autoit but I've run into some problems. Basically it's just a script that uses the WinWaitActive function and the send keypresses.

WinWaitActive("Education Software 2014 December")
Send("{TAB}")
Send("{TAB}")
Send("{TAB}")
Send("{SPACE}")
Send("{ENTER}")

The first problem is that the installation wizard consists of multiple choices followed by clicking Next, however throughout the wizard the Window title remains the same, "Education Software 2014 December" so I can't distinguish one window from the other. The second is that I can't use visible text to identify the windows either. When I use the Window Info tool, the Visible Text field is just blank. Is there any other way to indentify which is the active window during the installation?

Use windows info to check witch control ID is your NEXT bouton then you can check in the helpfile

"Control" commands

ControlClick etc...

tips: Windows info in in your autoit folder in the start menu

Edited by caramen

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Sadly, that doesn't work. The only info I get with the Windows Info tool is the Title "Education Software December 2014" and the Class "Qwidget", everything else is blank. After some googling it seems Qwidgets are hard to automate with Autoit as it acts as a software wrapper of some kind?

Edited by Rappscallion

Yes, it does. I can use the Window title to send key presses. But I can't distinguish which part of the wizard I'm at. Also, towards the end of the wizard it install all the files, which takes 5-15 minutes depending on how fast the PC is. I guess I could use pauses before sending the key presses but it seems awkward.

Try

WinSetTitle(" Education Software 2014 December","","New Title")

Send("some keys") ; or controlclick

WinSetTitle(" Education Software 2014 December","","New Title")

Send("some keys")