send press down tilde

• Moderators

post your code, this works just fine for me:

For $i = 1 To 100
    Send("~")
    Sleep(10)
Next

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Found this in the help file, but it doesn't seem to behave the way I expected (no repeating chars).

To hold a key down

Send("{a down}") ; Holds the A key down
Send("{a up}") ; Releases the A key
Edited by spudw2k

It sends key one time instead of pressing it.

I don't know what that means.

Perhaps you can provide a detailed description of what you expect to happen, along with your code.

I think a key only repeats when you send it's up too. Unlike the the hardware keyboard which does the up for you when you hold it in the pressed position.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

He want to emulate an human pressing.

If you hold a key it will repeat the key in text edition like this : tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

but with key send from autoit

I guess this should work:

For $i = 1 To 100

Send("~")

Sleep(10)

Next

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Found this in the help file, but it doesn't seem to behave the way I expected (no repeating chars).

To hold a key down

Send("{a down}") ; Holds the A key down
Send("{a up}") ; Releases the A key

Yes, it doesn't work just sends it one time

I tried something like this also

sleep (1000)
Send("{ASC 0126 down}")
sleep (5000)
Send("{ASC 0126 up}")

It doesn't work at all, probably coded wrong.

The Send command will not activate key repeat, ControlSend won't do it either. You'd have to send the key multiple times yourself to get it to do what you want Send("{~ 10}") will send the tilde key 10 times in a row.

BTW, this isn't an AutoIt limitation for Send, as it does the same thing using VBScript with the SendKeys function in it. 

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator