Text Detection

2.thumb.PNG.eb161985c60f16695af1f68aef0bCapture.thumb.PNG.9b135dd611d306c38581e0

I'm trying to write a script that will turn off  and on a computer's ethernet adapter via device manager (Strictly Device Manager).

Since the ethernet adapter varies from to pc to pc I used an input box with this code to get the adapter name:

Local $oLanConnection = InputBox("Testing", "Enter the name of ethernet adapter", "")

Now for my question: how do I get autoIT to move my mouse to this particular $oLanConnection in device manager. (Text Find)

Any help would be appreciated~

Edited by Czennen

How about an easier question?  Where can i go to determine that network devices location in this list?

Because then you can just send "n" to select 'Network adapters',  and then the corresponding number of down arrows to select the device in that section.  I am going with a confident 2 other locations (that can be enumerated) that show the devices in that order, and maybe a third.

Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

How about an easier question?  Where can i go to determine that network devices location in this list?

Because then you can just send "n" to select 'Network adapters',  and then the corresponding number of down arrows to select the device in that section.  I am going with a confident 2 other locations (that can be enumerated) that show the devices in that order, and maybe a third.

​oh god thank you~

thanks for the help aswell blakel~

or right now, since the playoffs are on.  you could just change your input box and ask which adapter counting from the top is the one to turn off and then use that as the number of down arrows.  There are  some slick ways to determine the ethernet adapter as well, if/when you want to remove that interaction with the user.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)