Need some javascript wizardry

Jon

• Administrators

I think it's possible from doing a bit of research but I've not found anything that fits the bill exactly.

Forum code is output like this:

<pre class="prettyprint lang-autoit ipsCode">
    stuff
</pre>

The two constant classes are prettyprint and ipsCode. After prettify has run the 'prettyprinted' class is also added.

I need a javascript that can cycle though the <pre> tags on a page and if they contain more than 50 lines then wrap them with some additional html something like this (the old geshi code is used as an example)

<div class='geshitop'>
    <button onclick='geshiExpand(this);'>expand</button>
    <button onclick='geshiCollapse(this)' style='display: none'>collapse</button>
    <button onclick='geshiPopup(this)'>popup</button>
</div>
<div class='autoit-code-container'>
<pre class="......">
</pre>          
</div>

Prettify runs after page load so anything this code does needs to cope with that. I'm not sure if that's possible - maybe I could modify the prettify source to call a function at the end. Also the pre tag and content will be being rewritten so we need make sure we go last. I can't control when prettify runs - it's buried in the forum.

Edited by Jon

easy way of getting line count:

var lines = $("pre").val().split("\n");

if you're working with pure js use a function like this to replicate jquery like syntax:

Function $(x) {
    var element = document.getElementsByTagName(x);
    return element;
}

example:

window.onload = function() {

function $(x) {
        var element = document.getElementsByTagName(x);
        return element;
    }

function ctLines(elems) {
        var lines;
        for (var i = 0; i <= elems.length; i++) {
            lines = elems[i].val().split("\n");
            if (lines >= 50) {
                // add the CSS as James has described
            }
        }
    }

var Elmt = $('pre');
    ctLines(Elmt);
}

Disclaimer: Just started learning JS a month or so ago.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

That jQuery-like wrapper doesn't work, as there is no val() method in the element object. To create a native counterpart, well look at the jQuery implementation >> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jquery/jquery/53aa87f3bf4284763405f3eb8affff296e55ba4f/src/attributes/val.js Yeah quite impressive!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I see, thank you for noticing that @guinness.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

That's fine @MikahS. That notification system of @username is pretty awesome.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

@guinness instead of val() would it be innerHTML? 

That notification system of @username is pretty awesome.

​Agreed, makes notifying others much easier.

Snips & Scripts

@guinness instead of val() would it be innerHTML? 

​Agreed, makes notifying others much easier.

​Look at the code I linked. val() has so many workarounds, but generally speaking it would be .value >> http://jsfiddle.net/gb8muehx/

UDF List:

@James good point. .val() is jquery. .value is JS and does not use ().

@guinness Thanks for the example code. ^_^

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

Rather than val() shouldn't it be value()?

​Minus the brackets, yeah. You're the web guy not me :)

UDF List:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I've got half of this done, but am currently failing at the very easiest bit. Running a javascript function on click.

This is the code from the old forum that calls my custom function:

<button onclick="codePopup(this);">popup</button>

But that didn't work - it actually seemed to call some random function on the forum.

So I tried something simpler:

<button onclick="alert('Hello');">popup</button>

This prints the alert and then proceeds to call the same random function on the forum.

Eh?

• Administrators

Boom

(function() 
{
    preTags = document.querySelectorAll('pre.ipsCode');

for(var i=0;i<preTags.length;i++) 
    {
        oldPre = preTags[i].outerHTML;

autoitCodeTop = '<button type="button" onclick="autoitExpand(this);">expand</button>';
        autoitCodeTop += '<button type="button" onclick="autoitCollapse(this)" style="display: none">collapse</button>';
        autoitCodeTop += ' <button type="button" onclick="autoitPopup(this)">popup</button>';
        output = '<div class="autoitCodeTop">' + autoitCodeTop + '</div>' + oldPre;      

preTags[i].outerHTML = output; 
    }

})();

function autoitExpand(node) 
    {
        div_autoitCodeTop = node.parentNode;
        pre_ipscode = div_autoitCodeTop.nextSibling;

// First sibling will should be the pre tag
        if (pre_ipscode.nodeName === 'PRE' && pre_ipscode.className.indexOf("ipsCode") > -1)
        {
            pre_ipscode.style.maxHeight = 'none';

// Hide this node and display nextSibling (Collapse)
            node.style.display = "none";
            node.nextSibling.style.display = "";
        }
    }

function autoitCollapse(node) 
    {

if (pre_ipscode.nodeName === 'PRE' && pre_ipscode.className.indexOf("ipsCode") > -1)
        {
            pre_ipscode.style.maxHeight = '500px';

// Hide this node and display nextSibling (Collapse)
            node.style.display = "none";
            node.previousSibling.style.display = "";
        }
    }

function autoitPopup(node) 
    { 

{
            // Remove html formatting and change <br /> into \r\n
            text = pre_ipscode.innerHTML;
            text = text.replace(/<br.?\/?>/g, "\r\n");
            text = text.replace(/<\/?[^>]+(>|$)/g, "");

node = '<pre>' + text + "</pre>";
            popup = window.open("", "Code", "width=800,height=600,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes");
            popup.document.write(node);
            popup.document.close();
        }
    }