Some Help with FTPEx.au3

So I have a project that has been sitting for a long time, and I think I just finally found the answer to the problem.  FTPEx.au3 but I am having some minor issues and would want to make sure I get some expert advice since this is going to be important that it works right if I implement it.

Goal: To have several computers in the field update a map file automatically every once in a while.

The map file is between 500MB and 1GB

I have basic FTP working so far to transfer a single file:

#Include <FTPEx.au3>
#Include <Array.au3>

$vFTPSes = _FTP_Open("PSFTP")
;MsgBox(0, "", @Error)
$vFTPSes2 = _FTP_Connect($vFTPSes, "my server", "my user", "my pw")
;MsgBox(0, "", @Error)
_FTP_FileGet($vFTPSes2, "/Tiburon FTP Update/Maps/test.txt", "C:\Users\frpatrmo\desktop\Get Map Update\Maps\test.txt", "True")
;MsgBox(0, "", @Error)
_FTP_Close($vFTPSes2)

My first issue is this, the "file" is actually a directory of MANY files and I cant find anywhere in the help files a way to transfer an entire directory instead of a file.  If that can be done, thats pretty much my largest hurdle right now.  Instead I bet that I will need to use a loop and an array of files.  I looked at the filelist to array functions like _FTP_ListToArray but it lists every file at the root of the FTP server, I need it to drill down to the specific directory where the files I need are located.

Other than that I assume that in a script that the file transfer will finish before the next command is run, this way I can ensure I do not put an incomplete download file into the application directory.  My logic tells me to download the file to @TempDir and when/if it completes the entire download to then have AutoIT move/copy the directory to the program location to be used.  This way if the download never finishes it never gets moved/copied.

After I get this initial trouble figured out, I then need to find the best way to make this run about 1 time a week silently and then not run again for another week on a multi user computer environment. 

As always appreciate the help. 

Edit: Ok found _FTP_DirSetCurrent() lets me set my desired folder as the current Dir and then the _FTP_ListToArray() will show me the correct files.

Still a long way to go however, since its a mix of folders and files and I have no idea how to loop it to get everything transferred. 

Edited by ViciousXUSMC

The way to put a directory and sub directories is with:

_FTP_DirPutContents($vFTPSes2, $dirPath, $remotePath, 1) ; 1 = recursive

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Just wanted to add my crazy code, I have this working to move all the files and skip over the folders.

#Include <FTPEx.au3>
#Include <Array.au3>
$vFTPSes2 = _FTP_Connect($vFTPSes, "server", "user", "pass")
_FTP_DirSetCurrent($vFTPSes2, "/Tiburon FTP Update/Maps/")
Local $hFTPFind
$aFList = _FTP_FindFileFirst($vFTPSes2, _FTP_DirGetCurrent($vFTPSes2), $hFTPFind)
While 1
    _FTP_FileGet($vFTPSes2, GetName(), "C:\Users\frpatrmo\desktop\Get Map Update\Maps\" & GetName(), "True")
    If @Error <> 0 Then ExitLoop
WEnd
_FTP_FindFileClose($hFTPFind)
_FTP_Close($vFTPSes2)
Func GetName()
    $aName = _FTP_FindFileNext($hFTPFind)
    If @Error <> 0 Then Return 1
    If $aName[1] = 16 Then
        Return "test.txt"
    Else
        Return $aName[10]
    EndIf
EndFunc

The way to put a directory and sub directories is with:

_FTP_DirPutContents($vFTPSes2, $dirPath, $remotePath, 1) ; 1 = recursive

​Most unfortunatly what I really need is the opposite, a _FTP_DirGetContents() I found a user made UDF that states it does this but I am getting errors when trying to use it.

Ok, as I was driving home from work the lightbulb came on and I got rid of that terrible code from yesterday, this is much cleaner.

#Include <FTPEx.au3>
#Include <Array.au3>

$vFTPSes2 = _FTP_Connect($vFTPSes, "snip", "snip", "snip")

$aFile = _FTP_ListToArray($vFTPSes2, 2)
For $i = 1 To UBound($aFile) - 1
    _FTP_ProgressDownload($vFTPSes2, "C:\Users\frpatrmo\desktop\Get Map Update\Maps\" & $aFile[$i], $aFile[$i])
Next

_FTP_Close($vFTPSes2)
MsgBox(0, "", "FTP Download Complete")

Now here is where I have a choice, I can manually create loops for the directories in the same fashion by just changing the _FTP_DirSetCurrent to one of those directories, but in the interest of getting better and learning I really want to find a way to make this recursive and do this on its own.

My best place to start is I think a _FTP_ListToArray($vFTPSes2, 1) so that it only captures the Directory names and then I need to pass that into a loop that will change the FTP Directory, the Save Local Save Location, and then loop through the files in that directory (also probably need to do a local DirCreate() but not sure on that)

As for my "how to check what version of the map, and if it downloaded fully" my idea was this one.  Place a text file in the FTP server with lines that correspond to the # of files, the size, and the version so that I can read those values and compare to the local download.  It is not fully completed by my testing snippet looks like this.

#Include <Array.au3>

$sDLSize = FileReadLine(@ScriptDir & "\Maps\Map Info.txt", 1)
$sDLCount = FileReadLine(@ScriptDir & "\Maps\Map Info.txt", 2)

$aLocalDL = DirGetSize(@ScriptDir & "\Maps\", 1)
;_ArrayDisplay($aLocalDL)

MsgBox(0, "", "Your Download Status Is" & @CRLF & "Proposed Download Size was " & $sDLSize & " Your Download was " & $aLocalDL[0])
MsgBox(0, "", "Your Download Status Is" & @CRLF & "Proposed Download File Count was " & $sDLCount & " Your Download was " & $aLocalDL[1])
If $sDLSize = $aLocalDL[0] Then
    MsgBox(0, "", "Size Matches")
Else
    MsgBox(0, "", "Size Does Not Match")
EndIf

If $sDLCount = $aLocalDL[1] Then
    MsgBox(0, "", "Count Matches")
Else
    MsgBox(0, "", "Count Does Not Match")
EndIf

Edited by ViciousXUSMC

So close!

I have tried this like 3 different ways, and trying to change local, global, dim statments and even now went and changed the Download() function so that the local save path is a passed varible and for some reason while this is recursivily downloading all my files, all of the files are being saved to the home folder "Maps" and the Directories being created are empty.  

It's driving me mad because I cant fathom whats going on.

#Include <FTPEx.au3>
#Include <Array.au3>

$vFTPSes2 = _FTP_Connect($vFTPSes, "snip", "snip", "snip")

Global $aFile2 = _FTP_ListToArray($vFTPSes2, 1)
$sLocalSave = "C:\Users\frpatrmo\desktop\Get Map Update\Maps\"
DirCreate($sLocalSave)

Download()

;_ArrayDisplay($aFile2)

For $i2 = 1 To UBound($aFile2) - 1
    _FTP_DirSetCurrent($vFTPSes2, "/Tiburon FTP Update/Maps/" & $aFile2[$i2])
    $sLocalSaveNew = "C:\Users\frpatrmo\desktop\Get Map Update\Maps\" & $aFile2[$i2]
    DirCreate($sLocalSaveNew)
    MsgBox(0, "", "Inside Loop $localsavenew is " & $sLocalSaveNew)
    Download($sLocalSaveNew)
Next

_FTP_Close($vFTPSes2)

;MsgBox(0, "", "FTP Download Complete")

Func Download($sLocalSave = "C:\Users\frpatrmo\desktop\Get Map Update\Maps\")
$aFile = _FTP_ListToArray($vFTPSes2, 2)

For $i = 1 To UBound($aFile) - 1
    _FTP_ProgressDownload($vFTPSes2, $sLocalSave & $aFile[$i], $aFile[$i])
Next
EndFunc

Edit: Well played FTP Download looks like I was missing the ending "\" so it just defaulted to the last directory instead of giving an error. 

Edited by ViciousXUSMC