New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with the updated SciTE v3.5.4 release.

Jos

• Developers

5/3/2015: Uploaded a new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe installer with an updated SciTE v3.5.4 release.

These are the major changes:
- See details below.

Enjoy,
Jos

Addition/Changes/Fixes in the current installer:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5/3/2015
*** Merged the SciTE v 3.5.4 by Neil Hodgson with our own version of SciTE. (Jos)
    Added  utf8.auto.check which will autodetect UTF8 encoded files without BOM and files containing Highvalue ASCII characters and setting the correct encoding.
        We have set the default to 4 which means that the encoding is set to UTF8 without BOM for any script containing normal ASCII characters.
        #~ Enhance function of auto checking utf8: providing two methods
        #~ utf8.auto.check=1: detect utf8 and add BOM automatically
        #~ utf8.auto.check=2: detect utf8 and do not add BOM
        #~ utf8.auto.check=3: detect ascii high characters and if none found set default encoding to UTF8 and add BOM
        utf8.auto.check=4: detect ascii high characters and if none found set default encoding to UTF8 and do not add BOM

*** Updated Au3Stripper v15.503.1200.0 (Jos)
    - 14.801.2025.1: Fix for AdlibUnRegister() without parameter avoid warning and hardcrash.
    - 14.801.2025.2: Fix handling ".\" relatives paths in #include statements.

*** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper v15.503.1200.0 (Jos)
    - 14.801.2025.1: Fix for #2851 -> au3records returning some SciTE console info that shouldn't be there.
    - 14.801.2025.2: Added support for UTF8 without BOM scripts to be able to update the version and GUI information.
    - 14.801.2025.3: Decode %xx% in the OutputFile Directives
    - 14.801.2025.4: Make single line script with directive work
    - 14.801.2025.5: Added check for AUT2EXE failure adding FileInstall() files. and set return code to 1.
    - 14.801.2025.6: Fix error trigered by "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Debug_Mode=Y " when script contains Switch-Case-EndSwitch
    - 14.801.2025.7: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_AutoIncrement=Y will now also increment #pragma compile(Fileversion, 0.62) statements.
                     Also now support for:
                        #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_AutoIncrement=Y
                        #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=0.62.0.4
                        #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_ProductVersion=%fileversion%
    - 14.801.2025.8: Added: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_HiDpi=                      ;(Y/N) Compile for high DPI. Default=N (Idea: unexpectedpanda)
    - 14.801.2025.9: Fixed regression in .7
    - 14.801.2025.10: Fixed missing info in the HiDpi data
    - 14.801.2025.11: Added 2 keywords for AutoIt3Wrapper.ini which can set the Restart and StopExecuting Hotkeys in AutoIt3Wrapper: (mLipok)
                        [Other]
                        SciTE_STOPEXECUTE=^{END}
                        SciTE_RESTART=^!{END}

*** Updated Tidy v15.503.1200.0 (Jos)
    - Fixed regression for #include-once statements
    - Fixed Spacing for #include statements
    - Fixed bug with #tidy_On/#Tidy_Off
    - Fixed hardcrash with longfilenames.
    - Changed SortFunc option from 15 to 65 characters of the FuncName to sort on.

*** Updated SciTEConfig v15.503.1200.0 (Jos)
    - 14.801.2025.1 Fixed issue with setting CallTip dynamically.
    - 14.801.2025.2 Added About button.
    - 14.801.2025.3 Fix UserCallTip Manager big (Melba23)
    - 14.801.2025.4 added Alpha level for Selected line background and changed the logoic for displaying the Alpha value label.
    - 14.801.2025.5 Added checks for SciTEUSer info to Option "Run AutoIt3/SciTE Check".
                    showing SciTEUser file location at the bottom. (mLipok)
    - 14.801.2025.6 Added option to open AutoIt3Wrapper.ini and Tidy.Ini

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE/Scintilla updates.

==> Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions
==> Check the newly formatted the online documentation for an overview of all extras you get with this installer.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Jos pinned this topic
  • Developers

It shows the new dates for me so maybe some clear cache issue?
Try this link so it forced a download: https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit-script-editor/downloads?new

EDIT: Found the issue with an old link to a file.. so should be solved now

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

Dank je wel.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers

@JPM, You mean after an uninstall?
It should now restore more or less what comes with the AutoIt3 installer, so SciTE-Lite is restored.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Removed all but Au3Check as that has links to it to fix the issues seen with com object variables.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

is it was intentional to add and leave in AutoIt3Wrapper

ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : @WorkingDir = ' & @WorkingDir & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console

?

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Developers

Nah, that's an oops which is fixed in the current Beta version and also in the current version of the installler&ZIP file.
Sorry about that.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Jos

When I go to compile, the following error appears:

NzsDWDw.png

Output:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /NoStatus /prod /in "D:\AutoIt v3 - Projects\RemoteDesktop\Main.au3"

+>16:08:06 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.15.503.1200.1 SciTE v.3.5.4.0   Keyboard:00010416  OS:WIN_81/  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0416)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\Usuário\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\Usuário\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE
>Running AU3Check (3.3.12.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:D:\AutoIt v3 - Projects\RemoteDesktop\Main.au3
+>16:08:08 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.12.0):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "D:\AutoIt v3 - Projects\RemoteDesktop\Main.au3" /out "C:\Users\Usuário\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU3zsdaxmp.exe" /nopack /icon ".\Resources\Icon\Web.ico" /comp 0
!>16:09:50 Aut2exe.exe ended with errors because the target exe wasn't created, abandon build. (C:\Users\Usuário\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU3zsdaxmp.exe)rc:2
+>16:09:50 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 1    Time: 104.9

JS

Edited by JScript

http://forum.autoitbrasil.com/ (AutoIt v3 Brazil!!!)

Somewhere Out ThereJames Ingram

somewh10.png

dropbo10.pngDownload Dropbox - Simplify your life!
Your virtual HD wherever you go, anywhere!

Hello my friend @JScript

This is not related to SciTE4AutoIt 

this is a issue related to your AV program.

Add this location:

C:\Users\Usuário\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU3*.exe

to exclusion list in your AV system.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• Developers
    this is a issue related to your AV program.

Add this location:

C:\Users\Usuário\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU3*.exe

to exclusion list in your AV system.

​Correct but the exclusion path should be without the last bit: C:\Users\Usuário\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe
This is also used by autoit3wrapper for tempfiles when updating the program resources.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I do not use any AV program, only the Deep Freeze!

But I decided to return to the 3.4.4 version and the error disappeared.

JS

Edited by JScript

somewh10.png

You're right Jos! It was a problem in the ramdisk folder:

xSOQZon.png

I recreated the folders, re-installed the current version and everything returned to normal operation, thank you!

JS

somewh10.png

in 

SciTEGlobal.properties

there is  chars.accented

can this be extended ? 

here is proposal (added some polish letters  ĄąĘęĆ棳ŃńÓ󌜯żŹź):

chars.accented=ŠšŒœŸÿÀàÁ᥹ÂâÃãÄäÅåÆæÇçĆćÈèĘęÉéÊêËëÌìÍíÎîÏïŁłÐðÑñŃńÒòÓóÔôÕõÖØøŚśÙùÚúÛûÜüÝýÞþßöŻżŹź

and eventualy propose to change some order - moved Šš and Ÿÿ

chars.accented=ŒœÀàÁ᥹ÂâÃãÄäÅåÆæÇçĆćÈèĘęÉéÊêËëÌìÍíÎîÏïŁłÐðÑñŃńÒòÓóÔôÕõÖØøŠšŚśÙùÚúÛûÜüÝýŸÿÞþßöŻżŹź

EDIT:

And second question

I set 

# Internationalisation
#NewFileEncoding=CodePage/UTF8BOM/UTF8/UTF16BE/UTF16LE         # Only available in SciTE4AutoIt3 version
NewFileEncoding=UTF8 # Only available in SciTE4AutoIt3 version

but in S4AU3 when I open new file then I still have "Code page property".

I assumed it would be "UTF-8" - where I made a mistake ?

Edited by mLipok
moved Ÿÿ

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

with reference to:

I made a testing scripts   UTF8_TEST.ZIP

Remarks:

Main_UTF8.au3  (UTF8 with out BOM ) does not open correctly in SciTE4AutoIt - is it an issue in Scintilla or in original SciTE ?

Main_UTF8_BOM.au3 (UTF8 with BOM ) open corretly in SciTE4AutoIt , but there are two issues

Issue 1: Au3check doesn't support input files encoded as UTF8 with BOM ( already explained )

Issue 2: in SciTE console there is also badly formated output:
incorrectly: c:\Users\MichaxBC\AppData
correctly: c:\Users\Micha
ł\AppData

+>10:12:34 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.14.801.2025.12 SciTE v.3.5.4.0   Keyboard:00000415  OS:WIN_81/  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0415)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => c:\Users\MichaxBC\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => c:\Users\MichaԜAppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.13.19)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta  input:Z:\TOOLs\Macro\PROGRAMY\KK_EPU\Main_UTF8_BOM.au3

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Moderators

Jos,

I have noticed that in this 3.5.4 release the CallTips remain visible as you enter the parameters which prevents the AutoCompletion dialog from appearing unless you use {Escape} to remove the CallTip after each appearance. I have checked previous releases and the CallTip vanishes as soon as you start entering the parameter value. I have looked through the properties files and I can find nothing changed amongst the CallTip lines, nor can I find anything about it in the SciTE Help or on their site. Does the same thing happen to you?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Jos locked and unpinned this topic