New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with the updated SciTE v3.5.4 release.

Jos

Yeah!

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

​I take that back. @JPM modified the current beta au3check and it now does support UTF8 with BOM, it only gives a confusing message that probably should be suppressed:

Jos

​This is for me, the message of the evening.

Thanks @jpm

mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Where exactly is the wrong Beta version file located that you are referring to?

Jos

​In download page at the SciTE4AutoIt3..exe the link to "Update History"

You already mention the the "Online Documention is not updated at least for the "history" page

Cheers

PS I already answer this info but I cannot see my first post any more so I repost

​I take that back. @JPM modified the current beta au3check and it now does support UTF8 with BOM, it only gives a confusing message that probably should be suppressed:

Jos

​Is there any way to get this new version ?

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• Developers

​Is there any way to get this new version ?

​You have it already. Didn't you notice that the message is different in the Beta and production versions?
There is just a strange console message with the Beta version which triggered me to have a look at the source.
JPM modified it in a way the BOM simply gets stripped from the input file in case of a UTF8 with BOM.
I have committed a change yesterday that will also get rid of the obsolete console message, but that is just cosmetic.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Now I see the differents (old and new):

! Au3check doesn't support input files encoded as UTF8 with BOM: 
! Au3check on UTF8 with BOM:

But it seems that there is simply bypasses checking files from UTF-8 BOM

1. .....
  2. SciTE Output pane: I have no experience with encoding in the output pane and have no setup to test. There are no modifications in the version I maintain.
  3. ....

I make a testing script for this two above cases.
Try to use  Michał.zip

There is directory called "Michał" then you can try to run Main_UTF8.au3 and Main_UTF8_BOM.au3
Specially made a few errors:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "Z:\TOOLs\Macro\PROGRAMY\KK_EPU\Michał\Main_UTF8.au3" /UserParams    
+>13:52:30 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.15.503.1200.1 SciTE v.3.5.4.0   Keyboard:00000415  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0415)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.13.20)  params:-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w- 7  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta  input:Z:\TOOLs\Macro\PROGRAMY\KK_EPU\MichaԜMain_UTF8.au3
"Z:\TOOLs\Macro\PROGRAMY\KK_EPU\MichaԜINCLUDE_UTF8.au3"(10,9) : warning: $a2 possibly not declared/created yet
    $a2 = 1
    ~~~~~~~^
"Z:\TOOLs\Macro\PROGRAMY\KK_EPU\MichaԜINCLUDE_UTF8.au3"(8,11) : warning: $a1: declared, but not used in func.
    Local $a1
    ~~~~~~~~~^
"Z:\TOOLs\Macro\PROGRAMY\KK_EPU\MichaԜINCLUDE_UTF8.au3"(9,19) : warning: $sText: declared, but not used in func.
    Local $sText = ''
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"Z:\TOOLs\Macro\PROGRAMY\KK_EPU\MichaԜINCLUDE_UTF8.au3"(10,9) : warning: $a2: declared, but not used in func.
    $a2 = 1
    ~~~~~~~^
Z:\TOOLs\Macro\PROGRAMY\KK_EPU\MichaԜMain_UTF8.au3 - 0 error(s), 4 warning(s)
->13:52:30 AU3Check ended. Press F4 to jump to next error.rc:1
>Running:(3.3.13.20):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\autoit3.exe "Z:\TOOLs\Macro\PROGRAMY\KK_EPU\MichaԜMain_UTF8.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+F11 to Restart or Ctrl+Break -or- F11 to Stop
+>13:52:32 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>13:52:32 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 1.999

to show that now not working F4 functionality, and in this way I think I prepared test environment for check the output panel with UTF8 settings.

Edited by mLipok
added spoiler, and wording

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

Now I see the differents (old and new):

! Au3check doesn't support input files encoded as UTF8 with BOM: 
! Au3check on UTF8 with BOM: 

But it seems that there is simply bypasses checking files from UTF-8 BOM

​Maybe you can reread my last post which explains the difference? ;)

I make a testing script for this two above cases.

Try to use  Michał.zip

There are directory called "Michał" then you can try to run Main_UTF8.au3 and Main_UTF8_BOM.au3
Specially I made a few errors:

​So your problem is not the SciTE output pane, but the problem is that the path/filename contains special characters which causes that the special character gets lost and AutoIt3Wrapper receives another character from the commandline and thus the filename processed is wrong...  am I close?

I see this when testing with your latest ZIP file on the command line

/in "C:\Users\Jos\Downloads\Michał\Michaê\Main_UTF8_BOM.au3"

And internally this is the filename processed which has 2 wrong characters thus hence it fails to process:

$ScriptFile_In = C:\Users\Jos\Downloads\Michal\Michaain_UTF8_BOM.au3

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

​Maybe you can reread my last post which explains the difference? ;)

If you mean this:

Then I can say it again:  ​But it seems that there is simply bypasses checking files encoded with UTF-8 BOM.

I think in this way because, using my  Main_UTF8_BOM.au3 from last Michał.zip then you do not see all warnings,

which you can see using Main_UTF8.au3:

"Z:\TOOLs\Macro\PROGRAMY\KK_EPU\MichaԜINCLUDE_UTF8.au3"(10,9) : warning: $a2 possibly not declared/created yet
    $a2 = 1
    ~~~~~~~^
"Z:\TOOLs\Macro\PROGRAMY\KK_EPU\MichaԜINCLUDE_UTF8.au3"(8,11) : warning: $a1: declared, but not used in func.
    Local $a1
    ~~~~~~~~~^
"Z:\TOOLs\Macro\PROGRAMY\KK_EPU\MichaԜINCLUDE_UTF8.au3"(9,19) : warning: $sText: declared, but not used in func.
    Local $sText = ''
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"Z:\TOOLs\Macro\PROGRAMY\KK_EPU\MichaԜINCLUDE_UTF8.au3"(10,9) : warning: $a2: declared, but not used in func.
    $a2 = 1
    ~~~~~~~^
Z:\TOOLs\Macro\PROGRAMY\KK_EPU\MichaԜMain_UTF8.au3 - 0 error(s), 4 warning(s)

But I also assume that in this case simply I did not understand your statement correctly.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

​JPM modified it in a way the BOM simply gets stripped from the input file in case of a UTF8 with BOM.
I have committed a change yesterday that will also get rid of the obsolete console message, but that is just cosmetic.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I overlooked.
Sorry for the confusion.

But if that is just cosmetic with relation to BETA Au3.3.13.20 (just like you say)

I have committed a change yesterday that will also get rid of the obsolete console message, but that is just cosmetic.

And with the assumption that the problem has been completely resolved (unless something again mistakenly understood),

then my question is:

Why AU3Check ​in my Main_UTF8_BOM.au3 does not analyze the content in this include :

#include "INCLUDE_UTF8_BOM.au3"

?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

There was a Bug in au3check for stripping the BOM characters for include files. I have updated au3check and made it available in the  SciTE4AutoIt3 Beta directory for you to test.
This version also doesn't show the obsolete console message any more. Let me know if this properly works after which I will commit the change into the SVN for the next Beta version of AutoIt3.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

It looks it works now :)
Thank you for your commitment @Jos

mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

this question of mine is unrelated and will remove it if any feels should not be here but this is the best place to make it.
So here is the question: How do I disable the extra line with the square when there is an error ?
scite_jump_to_error.thumb.png.1f39ac66ac
It's shown on the console anyways.

Thanks in advance.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

• Moderators

argumentum,

Add error.inline=0 to your SciTE user properties file - or change the existing error.inline value to 0.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers

... or start SciTEConfig, Select the "General 2" tab and un-check "Display inline errors in script". :)

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Perhpas for this kind of error better to use the Au3check parameter thru

#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 6 -q

Other error should perhaps being solved

Its as if my Autoit has gone mad.  

#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 6 -q

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\AutoIt\ dev\config.au3" /UserParams    
+>13:29:55 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.15.503.1200.1 SciTE v.3.5.4.0   Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X86    Environment(Language:0409)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.12.0)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3  input:C:\AutoIt\ dev\ config.au3
"C:\AutoIt\ dev\ config.au3"(57,31) : warning: $GUI_SHOW: possibly used before declaration.
    GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_SHOW)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"C:\AutoIt\ dev\ config.au3"(63,36) : warning: $GUI_FOCUS: possibly used before declaration.
        GUICtrlSetState($uname,$GUI_FOCUS)
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"C:\AutoIt\ dev\ config.au3"(67,35) : warning: $ES_LOWERCASE: possibly used before declaration.
        GUICtrlSetStyle(-1,$ES_LOWERCASE+
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"C:\AutoIt\ dev\ config.au3"(67,50) : warning: $ES_WANTRETURN: possibly used before declaration.
        GUICtrlSetStyle(-1,$ES_LOWERCASE+$ES_WANTRETURN)
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"C:\AutoIt\ dev\ config.au3"(79,42) : warning: $ES_NUMBER: possibly used before declaration.
        GUICtrlSetStyle($InputdefRvn,$ES_NUMBER)
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

I posted it here, because it started yesterday, unexpectedly complaining about BOM... I affected the changes above, and now this...  standard includes in my project are:

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <Date.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <FileConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <GUIListBox.au3>; may be redundant
#include <GuiImageList.au3>
#include <IE.au3>
#include <ListViewConstants.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <ProgressConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <SQLite.au3>
#include <SQLite.dll.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <String.au3>
#include <StringConstants.au3>
#include <GUIToolTip.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <ColorConstants.au3>
#include <GuiToolTip.au3>

#include <SQLiteBind.au3>

Is there a fix I am missing? Is there a reason why my AutoIt would suddenly start complaining about BOM - if I am not aware of any reason for this?  Where can I look?

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

• Developers

It seems you are maintaining your own setup or copied another au3check into the production directory ?
Try using the current au3check.exe from the SciTE4AutoIt3 beta directory.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hi Jos

I downloaded beta. unzipped it and put the au3check into the current 3.3.12.0 folder. replaced it, yes.  Now look at this:

my code is

Func doSome()

; do something

EndFunc ;doSome()

And I am told that Func can not be just an expression, that doSome is an undefined function.  Am I missing something?

1. The 3.3.12.0 seems to have gone mad with BOM

2. the au3check went nuts, replaced that

3. now I get a "your function is not what you think it is" message.  If I uninstall and fully fresh install AU3 and Scite, will that help?  I started with downloaded and re-installing both this morning.  And I am still here...

To clarify... 

My project has multiple user includes. This is one of them.  It contains multiple little functions.  I have tried to copy&paste from at the top (where the problem is) to down at the bottom.  Interestingly every time the TOP function reported this problem... until I rotated the entire series...  bit lost to be sure...

funcMissing.png

Edited by Skysnake
more info

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

• Jos locked and unpinned this topic